The report was based on data from a survey of 627 social media users in the United States. The researchers examined the social media habits of four generations: Generation Z (age 13-17), Millennials (age 18-34), Generation X (age 35-54), and Baby Boomers (age 55+).
More than 80% of respondents in every generation say they use social media at least once per day:
Gen Z vs. Millennials
Most Generation Zers (77%) and Millennials (79%) surveyed say they use social media multiple times per day.
However, Gen Z tends to spend more time on fewer platforms. Specifically, this younger generation tends to favor YouTube (89% use it at least once a week), Instagram (74%), and Snapchat (68%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How COVID-19 Is Impacting Social Media Ad Rates and Engagement
- Before Implementing an Employee Advocacy Program, Do These Three Things
- Influencer Marketing Strategy in 2020: What You Need to Know [2 Infographics]
- How the Fastest-Growing US Companies Are Using Social Media
- Seven Social Media Content Trends for 2020 and Beyond [Infographic]