The report was based on data from a survey conducted in November 2019 among 502 consumers in the United States. Respondents were polled on how they feel about news that Instagram is testing hiding the number of likes on pieces of content across the social media platform.
Some 55% of those surveyed say they don't care whether or not Instagram hides likes.
One-fourth of respondents say likes should not be hidden on Instagram, and 20% say likes should be hidden.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in November 2019 among 502 consumers in the United States.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Marketers' Top Worries About Twitter
- Five Qualities of an Exceptional Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- How to Use Instagram Landing Pages for Increased Engagement
- The Types of Social Media Content Employees Are Most Likely to Share
- How to Find a Perfect Audience on Social Media [Infographic]
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections: Brooke Sellas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]