Most marketers say they are friends with their coworkers on social media, and most also say they have felt left out after seeing social media posts of their coworkers socializing, according to recent research from Igloo Software.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in February 2020 among 171 marketers who work in various industries.
Some 85% of respondents say they are connected with their coworkers on social media.
The most popular social networks for connecting with coworkers are Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn:
Some 62% of marketers say they have felt left out after seeing pictures on social media of coworkers socializing.
More than three-quarters (78%) of marketers say they have decided not to post something on social media because a coworker might see it.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in February 2020 among 171 marketers who work in various industries.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Marketers' Top Worries About Twitter
- Five Qualities of an Exceptional Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- How to Use Instagram Landing Pages for Increased Engagement
- The Types of Social Media Content Employees Are Most Likely to Share
- How to Find a Perfect Audience on Social Media [Infographic]
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections: Brooke Sellas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]