Most marketers say they are friends with their coworkers on social media, and most also say they have felt left out after seeing social media posts of their coworkers socializing, according to recent research from Igloo Software.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in February 2020 among 171 marketers who work in various industries.
Some 85% of respondents say they are connected with their coworkers on social media.
The most popular social networks for connecting with coworkers are Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn:
Some 62% of marketers say they have felt left out after seeing pictures on social media of coworkers socializing.
More than three-quarters (78%) of marketers say they have decided not to post something on social media because a coworker might see it.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in February 2020 among 171 marketers who work in various industries.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- The Social Networks Used Most by B2B Marketers
- You CAN Use Social Media for B2B (Even in a Pandemic): 'Ultimate Guide to Social Media' Authors Talk With Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Marketers Can Succeed With Instagram Stories [Infographic]
- Your B2B Influencer Strategy: How to Get it Right
- Retargeting on LinkedIn: What B2B Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]