The report was based on data from a survey of 600 business professionals in the United States and Canada.
US respondents say they use social media listening—defined in the report as monitoring social networks for brand mentions—most to attract new customers (17% cite as their primary motivation), provide better customer service (16%), and better understand customer preferences (16%).
The solutions used most by respondents for social listening are Hubspot (14% say they use) and Hootsuite (10%)
Facebook is the social network respondents say they monitor most often with social media listening tools (11% cite as their top platform).
Some 38% of respondents say their firm was performing social listening prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, and 29% say their firm began after the pandemic started.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 600 business professionals in the United States and Canada.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- 25 Twitter Marketing Tips That Actually Work [Infographic]
- The Best Times to Post on Social Media in 2022 [Infographic]
- Gen Z Trends on YouTube: Three New Types of Creativity [Infographic]
- The Social Media Platforms Used Most by Journalists
- Ad Creative Best-Practices for Reddit [Infographic]
- Hot Topics: The Summer Conversions Trending on Twitter [Infographic]