People are less likely to say they hate or dislike ads in print media compared with other channels, according to recent research from Quantilope.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in August 2022 among 3,003 people in Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States. As part of the survey, respondents were asked about their attitudes towards ads in six common formats/channels: social media, audio streaming, video streaming, cable television, websites, and print.
More than a quarter people say they are indifferent to ads across all six channels.
Respondents are least likely to say they hate or dislike ads in print media and are most likely to say they hate or dislike ads in audio streaming (podcasts, music, etc.). Print also has the greatest share of people (46%) who say they are indifferent to ads on the medium.
When asked if they are willing to pay for a premium subscription in order to skip ads, younger generations (Gen Z and millennials) are much more likely to say they are somewhat/extremely willing compared with Gen X and baby boomers.
Willingness to pay for a premium subscription in order to skip ads also varies among countries, with people in the US more likely to say they're somewhat/extremely willing compared with people in Germany and the UK.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in August 2022 among 3,003 people in Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Advertising & Promotions Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- Is Digital Advertising Really More Effective Than Traditional Advertising?
- Diversity in Video Ads: Gender, Age, and Ethnicity Benchmarks
- Tough Times Ahead: Global Digital Ad Forecast for 2022-2024
- The End of Third-Party Cookies Is a New Beginning for Digital Advertisers: Arsen Avakian on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Drivers of the Current Digital Advertising Boom
- It's Time to Embrace Personalization and Education in Your OTT Advertising Model