Which professional sports teams globally are the most successful on social media platforms?
To find out, The Grueling Truth looked at the follower counts and engagement rates (ERs) for major sports organizations on Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok.
An infographic (below) summarizes the research findings for the following sports: football (soccer), American football, basketball, baseball, rugby, and ice hockey.
Spanish football club Real Madrid has the largest follower count among sports teams on Instagram and Facebook. French club PSG has the largest follower count on TikTok.
When it comes to American football, the New England Patriots have the most followers on Instagram, the Dallas Cowboys have the most on Facebook, and the two teams facing off in this year's Big Game—the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers—are tied for the most on TikTok.
Check out the infographic:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media Marketing:
- Eight Steps to Ensure Brand Safety With Influencer Marketing
- The 50 Highest-Earning Social Media Creators [Infographic]
- How to Harness the Power of ChatGPT to Scale Your Social Media Marketing
- Six Social Media Marketing Predictions for 2024 [Infographic]
- How to Create a Social Media Content Calendar in Three Steps
- The Importance of 'Dark' Social Media for Marketers