Get your all-access season pass to all courses with a PRO subscription. Save 40% through June 13 with code GOAL.
Become a Member
Post a Question
Quick Start Guide
Real-World Education for Modern Marketers
Join Over 600,000 Marketing Professionals
Ask your question ... sign up today! It's FREE!
Just for Fun
Search more Know-How Exchange Q&A from Marketing Experts
This question has been answered, and points have been awarded.
Marketing Sop's (standard Operating Procedures)
Posted by Anonymous on
2/15/2006 at 3:00 PM ET
I am looking for someone to share with me best practices on SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) for Marketing.
I need to identify the key risk areas, which would require SOPs to be developed and write those procedures.
Would you have an example for your business, such as the Table of the Contents? This is for off-air marketing to Cable TV Viewers.
2/16/2006 at 6:46 PM
Generally, we organize business-to-business (B2B) marketing objectives into 3 key categories:
1. Develop your strategy
2. Create tools & processes
3. Generate & manage customers
More specifically, the M.O. project plan would recommend:
1. Evaluate your competition and your market to determine the best way to position yourself.
2. Develop a brand strategy to convey the key value you deliver.
3. Establish a pricing strategy and profitability targets.
4. Develop your distribution channel(s).
5. Create your sales process and tie it to your revenue goals.
6. Calculate what your potential and current customers are worth (CLV).
7. Develop your marketing plan & budget.
8. Develop consistent messages, creative materials, and sales literature & tools that support your positioning and brand strategy.
9. Set up and manage your sales team.
10. Develop your marketing campaigns and plan your fulfillment and testing tactics. Potential campaigns could including telemarketing, email, direct mail, print ads, online advertising, publicity, search marketing, trade shows & events, traditional media, sponsorships and more.
11. Launch campaigns, track response, and compare/test results.
12. Make sure you have a good system for measuring campaign performance and tracking you return on investment (ROI). Adjust your plan and strategies as necessary.
I welcome the opportunity for you to contact me offline.
2/20/2006 at 11:00 AM
Thanks for your responses.
I would be happy to see more answers...
Has anyone had the actual experince developing Standard Operating Procedures for large corporations' marketing departments? What did the Table of Contents include ?
5/3/2012 at 8:15 AM
Did you manage to make the SOPs. If yes can you share the headings with me please? I come from the telecom industry from Pakistan
BACK TO TOP
Post a Comment
Nine SEO Trends to Keep Pace With in 2019
by Vahe Habeshian
The No. 1 Rule and Four Essential Parts of High-Converting B2B ...
by Rachel Foster
10 of the Best Social Media Monitoring Tools for Every Business
by Aleh Barysevich
Social Media Image Sizes in 2019 [Infographic]
by Vahe Habeshian
Social Media Use in 2019: Platform, Visit, and Age Trends
by Ayaz Nanji
See more marketing articles »
MarketingProfs uses single
sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google and others to make subscribing and signing in easier for you. That's it, and nothing more! Rest assured that
provide your social data to 3rd parties
contact friends on your network
post messages on your behalf
interact with your social accounts
Your data is secure with