The analysis asked a global panel of Internet users in the third quarter of 2013 whether they had "actively used or contributed to Instagram" in the previous month. The results were then broken down by profession, gender, age, and income.
Some key findings:
- After marketers/advertisers, people age 16-24 are the demographic most likely to use Instagram (9.6% have done so in the previous month).
- 8.6% of all global students with Internet access surveyed use Instagram at least once a month.
- IT/Internet/software workers are also among those most likely to use the service (9.6%).
- People who have no children are more likely to use Instagram than those who do have kids.
- Women are more likely to than men to use Instagram.
- Wealthy Internet users (income in the top 25%) use the service more than those less well-off.
About the research: The report was based on data from an online survey of global Internet users conducted in 3Q13.
Continue reading "Who Uses Instagram? Marketers, Students, and IT Workers" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- The Benefits of LinkedIn for B2B Marketers [Infographic]
- Five Useful LinkedIn Hashtags for Marketers [Infographic]
- How to Succeed With Video on 6 Popular Social Networks [Infographic]
- How to Make Sure Your Social Media Strategy Succeeds: Take a Cross-Discipline Approach
- Five Strategies to Increase Your Social Media Conversions