Fast Company (@FastCompany) is the second most retweeted brand by those marketers (defined in the report as those working for companies with 50-5,000 employees), followed by other mainstream and industry media sources such as the New York Times (@nytimes), the Wall Street Journal (@WSJ), the Harvard Business Review (@HarvardBiz), and TechCrunch (@TechCrunch).
- Vala Afshar (@ValaAfshar) is the most retweeted person by marketers at midsize companies.
- Next are Jay Baer (@jaybaer) and MarketingProfs' own Ann Handley (@MarketingProfs).
What Types of Content Do They Share?
- Mainstream media sites make up 43% of the top 100 content sources most shared by marketers at midsize companies. Shared content in this category is typically business- and strategy-focused, covering broad issues and trends spanning marketing, technology, and leadership.
- Industry media sites are the second largest source of shared content (34% of the top 100 sources).
Most-Shared Social Sources
- YouTube videos are the most common type of social media content tweeted by marketers at midsize companies.
- B2C marketers are more likely than their B2B peers to tweet content from Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- B2B marketers are more likely than B2C marketers to tweet content from LinkedIn and SlideShare.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of 91,805 tweets and 45,731 shared links from 504 North American B2C and B2B marketing professionals working at companies with 50-5,000 employees. The tweets were published between October 1 and December 31, 2013.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Marketers' Top Worries About Twitter
- Five Qualities of an Exceptional Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- How to Use Instagram Landing Pages for Increased Engagement
- The Types of Social Media Content Employees Are Most Likely to Share
- How to Find a Perfect Audience on Social Media [Infographic]
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections: Brooke Sellas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]