Fast Company (@FastCompany) is the second most retweeted brand by those marketers (defined in the report as those working for companies with 50-5,000 employees), followed by other mainstream and industry media sources such as the New York Times (@nytimes), the Wall Street Journal (@WSJ), the Harvard Business Review (@HarvardBiz), and TechCrunch (@TechCrunch).
- Vala Afshar (@ValaAfshar) is the most retweeted person by marketers at midsize companies.
- Next are Jay Baer (@jaybaer) and MarketingProfs' own Ann Handley (@MarketingProfs).
What Types of Content Do They Share?
- Mainstream media sites make up 43% of the top 100 content sources most shared by marketers at midsize companies. Shared content in this category is typically business- and strategy-focused, covering broad issues and trends spanning marketing, technology, and leadership.
- Industry media sites are the second largest source of shared content (34% of the top 100 sources).
Most-Shared Social Sources
- YouTube videos are the most common type of social media content tweeted by marketers at midsize companies.
- B2C marketers are more likely than their B2B peers to tweet content from Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- B2B marketers are more likely than B2C marketers to tweet content from LinkedIn and SlideShare.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of 91,805 tweets and 45,731 shared links from 504 North American B2C and B2B marketing professionals working at companies with 50-5,000 employees. The tweets were published between October 1 and December 31, 2013.
Continue reading "Who Do Marketers at Midsize Companies Retweet?" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- The Benefits of LinkedIn for B2B Marketers [Infographic]
- Five Useful LinkedIn Hashtags for Marketers [Infographic]
- How to Succeed With Video on 6 Popular Social Networks [Infographic]
- How to Make Sure Your Social Media Strategy Succeeds: Take a Cross-Discipline Approach
- Five Strategies to Increase Your Social Media Conversions