Asked to select the most important social platform for their organization, 68% of B2C marketers surveyed chose Facebook; Twitter was second (10% of respondents), followed by blogging (6%), and LinkedIn (6%).
In contrast, 33% of B2B marketers surveyed said LinkedIn was the most important social platform for their business; Facebook was second (31%), followed by Twitter (16%), and blogging (11%).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 2,887 marketers (59% B2C, 41% B2B).
Most Used Platforms
- Facebook is the most commonly used social platform by both B2C and B2B marketers surveyed (97% and 89%, respectively).
- B2C marketers are relatively more focused on YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram, whereas B2B marketers are more focused on LinkedIn, Google+, and blogging.
Weekly Time Commitment
- 64% of marketers surveyed say they are using social media 6 hours or more on average per week—a slight increase compared with 2013, when 62% reported 6 or more hours a week.
- 19% of marketers say they spend more than 20 hours on average each week on social media.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
- 92% of marketers surveyed say their social media efforts have generated more exposure for their businesses.
- 80% say they have seen increased traffic from their social media efforts.
- In the near future, marketers plan to devote more time to blogging (68% of those surveyed plan to use more), YouTube (67%), Twitter (67%), LinkedIn (64%), and Facebook (64%).
- B2B marketers say they are more likely to increase blogging activity (74%) compared with B2C marketers (63%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 2,887 marketers (59% B2C, 41% B2B).
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- The Social Networks Used Most by B2B Marketers
- You CAN Use Social Media for B2B (Even in a Pandemic): 'Ultimate Guide to Social Media' Authors Talk With Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Marketers Can Succeed With Instagram Stories [Infographic]
- Your B2B Influencer Strategy: How to Get it Right
- Retargeting on LinkedIn: What B2B Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]