Asked to select the most important social platform for their organization, 68% of B2C marketers surveyed chose Facebook; Twitter was second (10% of respondents), followed by blogging (6%), and LinkedIn (6%).
In contrast, 33% of B2B marketers surveyed said LinkedIn was the most important social platform for their business; Facebook was second (31%), followed by Twitter (16%), and blogging (11%).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 2,887 marketers (59% B2C, 41% B2B).
Most Used Platforms
- Facebook is the most commonly used social platform by both B2C and B2B marketers surveyed (97% and 89%, respectively).
- B2C marketers are relatively more focused on YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram, whereas B2B marketers are more focused on LinkedIn, Google+, and blogging.
Weekly Time Commitment
- 64% of marketers surveyed say they are using social media 6 hours or more on average per week—a slight increase compared with 2013, when 62% reported 6 or more hours a week.
- 19% of marketers say they spend more than 20 hours on average each week on social media.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
- 92% of marketers surveyed say their social media efforts have generated more exposure for their businesses.
- 80% say they have seen increased traffic from their social media efforts.
- In the near future, marketers plan to devote more time to blogging (68% of those surveyed plan to use more), YouTube (67%), Twitter (67%), LinkedIn (64%), and Facebook (64%).
- B2B marketers say they are more likely to increase blogging activity (74%) compared with B2C marketers (63%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 2,887 marketers (59% B2C, 41% B2B).
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How to Find a Perfect Audience on Social Media [Infographic]
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections: Brooke Sellas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Create a Social Media Style Guide in Five Steps
- The Magical Combination of B2B Marketing and Instagram: Jenn Herman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Where Influencers Wield the Most Influence [Infographic]
- Four B2B Event Marketing Takeaways From TikTok