The report was based on data from 105,121 tweets sent by 521 North American search marketers active on Twitter, most of whom are SEM practitioners who tweet under their own names rather using brand, agency, or company handles.
The rest of the top 10 most cited industry sources by search marketers are Search Engine Watch, Marketing Land, Mashable, PPC Hero, Search Engine Journal, Moz, WordStream, TechCrunch, and Business Insider.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Most Retweeted Publishers/Vendors
- Search Engine Land (@sengineland) is also the most retweeted publisher/vendor by search marketers.
- Other publishers/vendors frequently retweeted by search marketers include PPC Hero (@ppchero), Bing Ads (@BingAds), Mashable (@mashable), and Marketing Land (@Marketingland).
Most Retweeted People
- Larry Kim (@larrykim), the founder and CTO of WordStream, is the person most retweeted by search marketers.
- Other people frequently retweeted by search marketers include Melissa Mackey (@Mel66), Matthew Umbro (@Matt_Umbro), Danny Sullivan (@dannysullivan), and Rand Fishkin (@randfish).
About the research: The report was based on data from 105,121 tweets sent March through May, 2014, by 521 North American search marketers active on Twitter, most of whom are SEM practitioners who tweet under their own names rather using brand, agency, or company handles.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- An 11-Step Plan for Improving Your SEO Strategy [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Get Keyword Ideas for Your Website: A Beginner's Guide
- A Marketer's Guide to SEO in 2022: Franco Valentino on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Many Words Do People Use When Searching Online?
- Three SEO Trends Marketers Need to Know in 2022
- 10 Important Google Search Algorithm Updates From 2021 [Infographic]