Moreover, 64% say they understand customers' past purchase behaviors.
However, less than half of B2B marketers surveyed have a strong knowledge of their customers' demographic makeup (just 48% say they have an excellent understanding), product/service preferences (44%), wants/needs/likes/interests (40%), journey to purchase (36%), and channel preferences (24%).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 284 B2B marketers (72% located in North America; 28% in the rest of the world).
Brand Attributes and Target Audience
- 51% of respondents say their company has a clearly defined set of target customer segments.
- Only 21% of respondents say employees have a clear and consistent image of the company's target audience.
- 28% say employees possess a complete understanding of the company’s brand attributes.
Digital Interaction Channels
- 100% of respondents say their company interacts with its customers via its website.
- 88% interact with customers via email.
- 80% interact via social media.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 284 B2B marketers (72% located in North America; 28% in the rest of the world).
Continue reading "How Well Do B2B Marketers Understand Their Customers?" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Relationships:
- Boost Your Sales With Strategic Gifting [Infographic]
- How to Use Empathy in Your B2B Brand Storytelling
- The Role of Customer Empathy in the Future of Marketing
- How to Offer More Value to Your Crisis-Stricken Customers [Infographic]
- Planning Your COVID-Related Communications: A Flowchart [Infographic]