Moreover, 64% say they understand customers' past purchase behaviors.
However, less than half of B2B marketers surveyed have a strong knowledge of their customers' demographic makeup (just 48% say they have an excellent understanding), product/service preferences (44%), wants/needs/likes/interests (40%), journey to purchase (36%), and channel preferences (24%).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 284 B2B marketers (72% located in North America; 28% in the rest of the world).
Brand Attributes and Target Audience
- 51% of respondents say their company has a clearly defined set of target customer segments.
- Only 21% of respondents say employees have a clear and consistent image of the company's target audience.
- 28% say employees possess a complete understanding of the company’s brand attributes.
Digital Interaction Channels
- 100% of respondents say their company interacts with its customers via its website.
- 88% interact with customers via email.
- 80% interact via social media.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 284 B2B marketers (72% located in North America; 28% in the rest of the world).
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Relationships:
- Boost Your Sales With Strategic Gifting [Infographic]
- How to Use Empathy in Your B2B Brand Storytelling
- The Role of Customer Empathy in the Future of Marketing
- How to Offer More Value to Your Crisis-Stricken Customers [Infographic]
- CX Will Be Essential for Rebuilding After COVID-19: Four Steps You Need to Take Now
- Planning Your COVID-Related Communications: A Flowchart [Infographic]