Some 38% of B2B technology buyers say they have not seen any content from vendors on social networks in the past six months that influenced a business purchase, according to a recent report from Eccolo Media.
The report, which was the third in a series (part 1; part 2), was based on data from a survey of 100 people responsible for influencing or making B2B technology buying decisions (33% influencers; 67% decision-makers).
Just over one-third (34%) of respondents say they have seen vendor content on Facebook in the past six months that assisted with a purchase, making it the most influential social network with B2B tech buyers.
LinkedIn is the second-most influential network (32% have seen useful content), followed by Google+ (28%), YouTube (27%), and Twitter (20%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Buyers find vendor content most useful on social media in the two early stages of the sales cycle: problem awareness (31% of respondents find useful) and problem understanding (36%).
One-fourth of respondents say they are likely to consume case studies from vendors on social media; other top content types include technology guides (16% are likely to consume) and whitepapers (16%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 100 people responsible for influencing or making B2B technology buying decisions (33% influencers; 67% decision makers).
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- The AI Conundrum: Should B2B Communicators Embrace ChatGPT?
- Build B2B Marketing Trust With Evidence-Based Content | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Stop the Churn: Why Less Is More in B2B Content Marketing
- The Importance of Being Human in Your B2B Content | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Four Steps to Stronger B2B Case Studies | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Four Questions to Ask to Ensure Marketing Messaging Success [Infographic]