Some 61% of Fortune 500 CEOs had no social media presence at all in 2015, which is actually an improvement from the 68% of CEOs with no social presence in 2014, according to a recent report from CEO.com.
The report was based on an analysis conducted in July 2015 of the social media presences of every CEO on the Fortune 500 list across six popular networks: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, and YouTube.
LinkedIn is the dominant social media platform for Fortune 500 CEOs, with 32% of executives connecting to other users on the platform, the analysis found.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- 161 Fortune 500 CEOs were on LinkedIn in 2015, up from 128 in 2014.
- 33 of the Fortune 500 CEOs using LinkedIn are official Influencers on the platform.
- Jeffrey Immelt, head of GE, has the most followers on LinkedIn (209,000).
- 50 Fortune 500 CEOs were on Twitter in 2015, up from 42 in 2014.
- 62% of CEOs with Twitter accounts were active in 2015, down from 67% in 2014.
- Jack Salzwedel, CEO of American Family Insurance, sent the most tweet replies in 2015 (347).
- 57 Fortune 500 CEOs were on Facebook in 2015, up from 42 in 2014.
- Of the CEOs on Facebook, 8 maintain official fan pages, 28 have semi-private accounts, and 21 use private accounts.
- Not surprisingly, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has the most Fans on the social network.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis conducted in July 2015 of the social media presences of every CEO on the Fortune 500 list across six popular networks: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, and YouTube.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- The Social Networks Used Most by B2B Marketers
- You CAN Use Social Media for B2B (Even in a Pandemic): 'Ultimate Guide to Social Media' Authors Talk With Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Marketers Can Succeed With Instagram Stories [Infographic]
- Your B2B Influencer Strategy: How to Get it Right
- Retargeting on LinkedIn: What B2B Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]