Some 30% of Fortune 500 companies and 22% of Inc. 500 companies have active Instagram accounts, according to recent research from The Center for Marketing Research, University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth.
Some 149 companies on the Fortune 500 list have active Instagram accounts and 110 companies on the Inc. 500 list have active accounts, the analysis found.
Nearly half (49%) of the top 200 companies on the Fortune 500 list are active on Instagram; 44% of the top 200 companies on the Inc. 500 list are active on Instagram.
Nike has the most Instagram followers of any Fortune 500 company (43.4 million).
Makeup Geek has the most Instagram followers of any Inc. 500 company (1.5 million).
The majority of Instagram posts made by the brands examined receive 1-30 comments per post (75% of Fortune 500 posts; 77% of Inc. 500 posts).
About the research: The report was based on an analysis conducted in July 2016 of the social media accounts of Fortune 500 and Inc. 500 companies.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Power Up Your B2B Marketing Efforts With Influencer Marketing and Private Communities | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Which Types of Social Media Posts Get the Most Interactions?
- 10 Simple Ways to Get More B2B Leads From Instagram
- How Business Owners Feel About Threads [Infographic]
- How Digital Creators Should Navigate the Metaverse | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Manage Online Comments—And Why You Need a Comment Strategy