Do images from fashion brands that feature certain colors tend to garner more engagement on Instagram?
Corra examined more than 200,000 images posted to Instagram by 200 popular fashion brands. The researchers ran the images through Google's Cloud Vision API to identify key features, then grouped the results by engagement and fashion vertical.
Instagram images from footwear and swimwear brands that contain a significant amount of black tend to garner above-average engagement, the analysis found.
Images that include quite a bit of black also do well for activewear brands—topped only by images that include a significant amount of pink.
In the casualwear vertical, Instagram posts that feature purple tend to spark above-average engagement.
Instagram posts featuring green garner below-average engagement across all fashion categories.
About the research: The report was based on data from 200,000 images posted to Instagram by 200 popular fashion brands.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Set Your Marketing Ablaze: Ryan Stewart Talks Cannabis Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead
- The Work Life of a Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- Five Best-Practices for B2B Social Media Influencer Marketing