Do images from fashion brands that feature certain colors tend to garner more engagement on Instagram?
Corra examined more than 200,000 images posted to Instagram by 200 popular fashion brands. The researchers ran the images through Google's Cloud Vision API to identify key features, then grouped the results by engagement and fashion vertical.
Instagram images from footwear and swimwear brands that contain a significant amount of black tend to garner above-average engagement, the analysis found.
Images that include quite a bit of black also do well for activewear brands—topped only by images that include a significant amount of pink.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement
- The Paid Social Platforms Marketers Plan to Invest In
- How (and Why) to Humanize Your Brand: Author Carlos Gil on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Advocacy Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Social Media Visibility Has a Price: 7 Things You Must Do