The European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is about to go into effect, but many marketers, in Europe but especially those outside of it, are still unprepared for the May 25 deadline.
The GDPR aims to protect consumer data and restrict its use by companies. That data includes name, email address, IP address, social media handle, bank details, and medical information.
Every company that collects such data from consumers in Europe must take immediate action to comply with the regulations to avoid potentially hefty fines for violations.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Beat the Competition With Market Intelligence on Content, Positioning, and Leads
- What Do CMOs Predict for 2019? [Infographic]
- 2018 Year-end Episode of Marketing Smarts: What Marketers Need to Know for 2019 [VIDEO]
- Building a Brand and Giving Back: Country Star Jimmy Charles on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Heat Up Marketing Impact With Data-Driven Personas