The European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is about to go into effect, but many marketers, in Europe but especially those outside of it, are still unprepared for the May 25 deadline.
The GDPR aims to protect consumer data and restrict its use by companies. That data includes name, email address, IP address, social media handle, bank details, and medical information.
Every company that collects such data from consumers in Europe must take immediate action to comply with the regulations to avoid potentially hefty fines for violations.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Building a Brand and Giving Back: Country Star Jimmy Charles on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Heat Up Marketing Impact With Data-Driven Personas
- What Online Shoppers Want--and How You Can Provide It [Infographic]
- Five Tips for Retailers to Win at Marketing in a Booming Economy
- 10 Steps to Set Up Your ABM Program, and 10 Mistakes to Avoid