The European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is about to go into effect, but many marketers, in Europe but especially those outside of it, are still unprepared for the May 25 deadline.
The GDPR aims to protect consumer data and restrict its use by companies. That data includes name, email address, IP address, social media handle, bank details, and medical information.
Every company that collects such data from consumers in Europe must take immediate action to comply with the regulations to avoid potentially hefty fines for violations.
Check out the infographic for a brief checklist of actions you need to take to adhere to GDPR's provisions:
CCPA and GDPR Resources on MarketingProfs
- CCPA Is Here, But Not Enough Marketers Are Paying Attention
- 10 Steps Marketers Can Take to Prepare for 'California's GDPR'
- GDPR vs. CCPA: Data Privacy and US Marketers [Infographic]
- CCPA: Questions of Privacy, Compliance, and Enforcement
- What You Need to Know About GDPR and Data Privacy: Lisa Loftis of SAS [Podcast]
- GDPR Is Already Here: A Simple Marketing Guide for Compliance
- What CMOs Need to Know About the Looming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- A Marketer's Checklist: Are You Ready for GDPR Compliance? [Infographic]
- What Is GDPR, and How Can It Impact Your Business? [Infographic]
- Are You Ready for GDPR? [Infographic]
Continue reading "A Marketer's Checklist: Are You Ready for GDPR Compliance? [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Struggling With Digital Communication? Here Are Five Ways to Nail It
- New Channels, Better Targeting: How B2B Tech Marketing Is Changing
- When Should You Shelve Those Marketing Ideas? Use These Five Prioritization Tactics to Find the Answer
- Six Prerequisites for a Responsive Brand
- Marketing That Saves Lives: Jasmine Gee on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]