In less than three months, "California's GDPR"—the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)—will be come into effect.
How are those two data-privacy regulations—CCPA and the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation—similar? How are they different? And do you need to comply with CCPA?
As in the case with GDPR, CCPA—which draws from the data-privacy standards set by GDPR—will apply to many US businesses, which will need to adhere to its various legal provisions.
An infographic by Termly, a provider of GDPR compliance software for websites and online businesses, offers a quick overview of the similarities and differences between the two sets of regulations, as well as the conditions for compliance. Check out the infographic, below, for the details.
(And for a more thorough presentation, check out this MarketingProfs article from 2018: "10 Steps Marketers Can Take to Prepare for 'California's GDPR'")
CCPA and GDPR Resources on MarketingProfs
- CCPA Is Here, But Not Enough Marketers Are Paying Attention
- 10 Steps Marketers Can Take to Prepare for 'California's GDPR'
- GDPR vs. CCPA: Data Privacy and US Marketers [Infographic]
- CCPA: Questions of Privacy, Compliance, and Enforcement
- What You Need to Know About GDPR and Data Privacy: Lisa Loftis of SAS [Podcast]
- GDPR Is Already Here: A Simple Marketing Guide for Compliance
- What CMOs Need to Know About the Looming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- A Marketer's Checklist: Are You Ready for GDPR Compliance? [Infographic]
- What Is GDPR, and How Can It Impact Your Business? [Infographic]
- Are You Ready for GDPR? [Infographic]
Continue reading "GDPR vs. CCPA: Data Privacy and US Marketers [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Management:
- Chief Marketer Survey: The Biggest Marketing Leadership Deficiencies
- 10 Tips for Boosting Employee Engagement and Creating a Happy Workplace
- Great Leaders Don't Buff Out Their Dents! 'You Lead' Author Minter Dial on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Achieve Business Agility: These Four Shifts in Mindset Are a Must
- 126 Successful Businesses Started in Tough Economic Times [Infographic]