In less than three months, "California's GDPR"—the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)—will be come into effect.
How are those two data-privacy regulations—CCPA and the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation—similar? How are they different? And do you need to comply with CCPA?
As in the case with GDPR, CCPA—which draws from the data-privacy standards set by GDPR—will apply to many US businesses, which will need to adhere to its various legal provisions.
An infographic by Termly, a provider of GDPR compliance software for websites and online businesses, offers a quick overview of the similarities and differences between the two sets of regulations, as well as the conditions for compliance. Check out the infographic, below, for the details.
(And for a more thorough presentation, check out this MarketingProfs article from 2018: "10 Steps Marketers Can Take to Prepare for 'California's GDPR'")
CCPA and GDPR Resources on MarketingProfs
- CCPA Is Here, But Not Enough Marketers Are Paying Attention
- 10 Steps Marketers Can Take to Prepare for 'California's GDPR'
- GDPR vs. CCPA: Data Privacy and US Marketers [Infographic]
- CCPA: Questions of Privacy, Compliance, and Enforcement
- What You Need to Know About GDPR and Data Privacy: Lisa Loftis of SAS [Podcast]
- GDPR Is Already Here: A Simple Marketing Guide for Compliance
- What CMOs Need to Know About the Looming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- A Marketer's Checklist: Are You Ready for GDPR Compliance? [Infographic]
- What Is GDPR, and How Can It Impact Your Business? [Infographic]
- Are You Ready for GDPR? [Infographic]
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- What Workers Want From Their Employers Right Now
- Advancing Racial Justice, One Decision at a Time: Lee Deas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Your B2B Marketing Career: The Parable of Melanie the Mindful Marketer
- To Advance Racial Justice, Have Those Uncomfortable Conversations: Lori Hall on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- A Six-Step Checklist for Planning Your Marketing Campaign