Promotions: Instant Gratification for Small Business Marketers
- Michael Goodman
- Roy Young
- Fri., Dec 14, 2007, 12pm ET (9am PT)
- 90 minutes
This seminar will focus on those highly-visible short-term activities that are designed to generate sales NOW—not next week or next month—but right away. We'll look at a number of examples of these promotions and begin to understand which are most appropriate (and effective) for different kinds of businesses. We'll also look at the long-term effects of promotions and how they fit into the marketing mix for both B2B and B2C companies.
In addition to the specifics and mechanics of individual promotions, we'll review the planning and evaluation aspects—how you know when a promotion is working and how to improve the efficiency of promotions. And we'll consider both trade and consumer promotion activity—even internal versus external promotion objectives.
And, of course, we'll include the role of the sales force in planning and executing promotions, since they are often the front line in implementation.
Be sure to check out the other events in this Small Business seminar series:
Michael Goodman is a senior marketing and management consultant with experience that spans the spectrum from micro-businesses and start-ups to the Fortune 25. He learned marketing at corporate giants Procter & Gamble, Frito-Lay and Playtex. He has consulted with clients in both business-to-business and business-to-consumer; local, regional, national and international markets; and industries ranging from industrial chemicals and consumer packaged goods to financial services and healthcare.
Who Should Attend?
This seminar will address both B2B and B2C markets. It's intended for:
- Sales managers who rely on promotion activity to generate short-term results
- Marketers and general managers in small- and medium-sized companies
- Entrepreneurs who are planning to start a new business
- Service professionals and consultants in small practices
- Consultants and marketing service providers who serve the small business community
What Will You Learn?
- What you can and cannot expect from promotion activity
- When a promotion is "strategic" and when it's "tactical"
- How often and how aggressively you should promote
- How the Internet has changed the promotion landscape
- 7 different promotions that have proven effective for smart marketers
- Techniques for measuring and evaluating promotion effectiveness and efficiency
Small Business Seminar Series
This series is a must for marketers and entrepreneurs in small and medium-sized companies where everyone has to pitch in and make sure the work gets done and products and services are delivered as promised. Taken together the sessions promise to deliver a virtual "SBMBA"—a Small Business MBA.
You have two choices. You can pay as you go, buying single sessions that interest you. Or you can buy a PRO membership, and attend all our new PRO seminars and Take 10 webcasts over the next year, plus watch hundreds more from our library on-demand.