Bing Isn't Google: The Differences That Matter for Search Marketing
- Janet Driscoll Miller
- Thu., Feb. 18, 2010, 12pm ET (9am PT)
- 90 minutes
Since the launch of Bing in June 2009, its market share of search engine traffic has been steadily growing. With all of the excitement around the new engine, though, and its focus on relevancy, marketers are clamoring to ensure their websites get ranked well in the up-and-coming engine.
Bing's layout, components and algorithm vary greatly from Google. But what factors about one website make it more relevant about a topic than another website in Bingís estimation? Join us for this seminar and learn what the most important ranking factors are for Bing and what your SEO best practices should include when optimizing for this search engine.
Janet Driscoll Miller is the president and CEO of Search Mojo, a search engine marketing firm specializing in SEO, PPC, social media and website analytics. Miller has over ten years of search engine marketing and business-to-business (B2B) lead generation experience.
She has spoken at many search engine marketing conferences including Search Engine Strategies and PubCon, has published articles in B2B Magazine, Visibility Magazine and others, and contributes to several blogs, including Search Marketing Sage, Marketing Pilgrim and Search Engine Journal.
Janet holds a degree from James Madison University in Communications and Graphic Arts.
Who Should Attend?
Key people on your Web team should attend this seminar—copywriters, information architects, marketing communications wonks, interface designers, and anyone who will be adding content to your site.
What Will You Learn?
- How Bing differs from other search engines, including how it portrays your website in its search results page
- Must-do's with the Bing Webmaster Center, including how to submit your sitemap
- What Bing values most in its ranking algorithm
- How and why to use the "noscript" tag on a Flash-based website
- The best ways to implement keywords, meta descriptions and title tags on your site
- How Bing handles videos, images, local listings, news feeds, and e-commerce sites
- Good news and tips for Bing advertisers
Webstorm Seminar Series
|This is the fifth topic in our Webstorm Seminar Series, a perfect storm of seminars to help you supercharge your website. Pro members have access to these and all our seminars!|
You have two choices. You can pay as you go, buying single sessions that interest you. Or you can buy a PRO membership, and attend all our new PRO seminars and Take 10 webcasts over the next year, plus watch hundreds more from our library on-demand.