Search Engines: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Google Site Search Is Going Away: Three Questions to Ask Before You Replace ItMatthew RileyAs Google shutters its Site Search, these three key questions will help you avoid a scramble to find a replacement. They'll also help you determine which technology will work best ...
The 10 Biggest Winners and Losers on Google Search in 2017Ayaz NanjiYouTube had the biggest gains in number of searches on Google search last year, and Reddit had the biggest drop, according to recent research from Searchmetrics.
Google Search Trends: How Online Shoppers Find Purchase Ideas and InspirationAyaz NanjiOnline shoppers looking for purchase ideas and inspiration are increasingly using search queries that include terms like "ideas," "shopping list," and "brands," according to recent research from Think With Google.
Your 2018 Technical SEO ChecklistAleh BarysevichIf you forgot to tend to your technical SEO while you were busy surviving all the recent Google algorithm updates, who can blame you? But now is the time to ...
The Impact of 17 Factors on Google Search RankAyaz NanjiDirect website traffic is the factor that most influences how well pages rank on Google's search engine result pages (SERPs), according to recent research from SEM Rush.
Paid-Search Trends for 3Q17: Which Devices Are Driving Clicks?Ayaz NanjiThe proportion of clicks on Google paid-search ads originating from smartphones increased significantly between the third quarter of 2016 and the third quarter of 2017, according to recent research from ...
SEO Periodic Table of Link Building and Acquisition [Infographic]Laura ForerEven if you failed high school chemistry, you may still enjoy today's infographic: a clean, easy-to-understand "periodic table" to help marketers sort through the noise of link acquisition for search ...
Why and How to Adapt Your Marketing to Voice Search This YearMarkerle DavisVoice search has begun to take center stage, signaling a dramatic change in the way consumers search online. Here's what you need to know, including current trends, potential growth, likely ...
Seven Questions to Help You Avoid the Biggest Misstep of Your Site RelaunchMark FloisandIt's time to talk about your website relaunch—and a frequent crucial misstep by too many marketers. Before moving too far along the relaunch process, ask (and answer) these seven questions.
The 40 Most Common SEO Mistakes [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiWhich search engine optimization (SEO) mistakes appear most often on websites? To find out, SEMRush used its site audit tool to collect anonymous data on 100,000 websites and 450 million ...
Search Engines: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Backlinks, Hiring Tips, and Building a Business Overseas: Kris Reid on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSearch engine optimization expert Kris Reid shares tips for optimizing content and unconventional approaches for hiring talent. He also discusses how (and why) to build a business overseas.
Search Engines: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- MarketingProfs University: Putting the User Back Into the User ExperienceBroadcast on 8/14/2014 with Shari ThurowIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to organize and label your website content for a greater impact on SEO and search engine marketing. You'll also learn how social media can impact your search engine marketing strategy by generating natural links and how to cater to customers using a variety of devices. Make sure both your target audience and search engines can find your site by learning today's most effective best practices for findability.
- The Convergence Imperative: How Social, Content, and PR Combine for Marketing SuccessBroadcast on 8/7/2014 with Jason FallsIn this PRO seminar, you'll gain a deep understanding of how success in search requires the combination of 'holy smokes' content, strong social media, and brilliant PR. You'll learn how to apply this effective combination to your online and offline marketing efforts.
- How to Use Google Analytics' Secret Data to Improve Your Search and Social CampaignsBroadcast on 3/6/2014 with Jeff SauerIn this PRO seminar, we'll open the door to the treasure trove of information available to you within Google Analytics. You'll walk away with several actionable tips you can use to measure and improve your search and social campaigns.
- Future-Proof SEO: Immunize Your Business Against Search Engine UpdatesBroadcast on 11/21/2013 with Calvin JonesThis PRO seminar will explore how a fresh approach to search engine optimization can stop you worrying about search engine updates for good.
- MarketingProfs University: SEO in 2013—Current Trends and Future PredictionsBroadcast on 8/8/2013 with Jayson DeMersIn this PRO seminar, you'll discover a brief history of the SEO industry's past few years, followed by a thorough walk-through of the industry's most effective strategies.
- MarketingProfs University: Why Your Online Strategy Really Is Your Business StrategyBroadcast on 9/13/2012 with Vanessa FoxIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why SEO is still important, how to seamlessly build it into your strategy, and how to step into your customers' shoes and understand their thinking to improve traffic, and ultimately, revenue.
- MarketingProfs University: The Fundamentals of Paid SearchBroadcast on 8/9/2012 with George MichieIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the ins and outs of paid search, including how to set the foundation for an effective strategy, how to set budgets and goals, and much more.
- The 10 Most Common SEO Mistakes Marketers MakeBroadcast on 6/14/2012 with Stephan SpencerLearn how to fare better in organic search, outrank your competition, and improve your overall SEO results.
- Turning Social into Local: Generating Local Leads and Customer EngagementBroadcast on 5/6/2010 with John JantschJoin award-winning social media publisher John Jantsch to learn how to integrate social media, local search, and mobile marketing to generate new leads and deepen relationships with existing customers.
- Today's Top Five SEO EssentialsBroadcast on 3/11/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerDon't have the time or money to thoroughly search optimize your website? Learn what's absolutely critical to your SEO success.
Search Engines: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Use Your CRM Data to Boost Advertising ROIReleased on 4/1/2016 with Joseph KerschbaumIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to boost your return on advertising spend (ROAS) by leveraging the data you already have. We'll cover practical tips on how to segment your CRM lists, upload them into Google AdWords and Facebook advertising, and use them to help you expand and refine your campaigns.
- Take 10: What Does SEO Look Like Today?Released on 2/5/2016 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you what really matters to search engines today. You'll gain tips to build better search engine visibility with techniques you can implement right away. We'll also cover the importance of good content and context, how to apply social signals, and simple on-site optimization to improve your rankings.
- Take 10: Five Powerful SEO Tips for Getting Your Mobile Apps RankedReleased on 6/15/2012 with Brian KlaisIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five powerful SEO tips that will help get your mobile app ranked in the search engines.
- Take 10: Using Twitter as a Competitive Research ToolReleased on 10/22/2010 with Sean CampbellFind out how the competitive intelligence experts make the best use of their time on Twitter in this short, 10-minute presentation by Sean Campbell.
- Take 10: How to Add Your SEO Keywords to Your Website ContentReleased on 6/25/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn just 10 minutes, Janet Driscoll Miller, the president and CEO of Search Mojo shares her keyword expertise and guides you through the process of knowing where and how to place keywords, how to get your content ranked high by search engines, and even how to work through the problem of page elements not recognized by search engines.
Search Engines: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- SEO for Content Marketers: How to Push Your Content to the TopIn this 23-page guide, we cover five steps for optimizing your content and making Google (and the other search engines) happy so that she'll share your content with the right folks and send those prospects your way.
- Paid Search Advertising TemplateIf you're a little intimidated by the prospect of Paid Search Advertising, seriously, join the crowd. Here it is though -- a guiding light through the complex waters of Paid Search Advertising. We assembled a 30-page template to make learning and implementing a successful paid search advertising campaign for your firm as easy as possible.
- Using Google as a Research ToolThis in-depth handbook will walk you through the ins and outs of using Google as a powerful resource for market research. In 27 easy-to-follow pages with a dozen screen shots, this PDF is a handy tool you will want to print and keep nearby as you learn to incorporate the new techniques into your search routines.