Customer Acquisition: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Calendars as Marketing Channel: Four Best-Practices for Reaching Your CustomersSameen KarimIn our age of information overload, engaging your audience is more challenging than ever. But what if, rather than trying to divert customers' attention, marketers could meet customers where they're ...
Three Trends in B2B Buyer Behavior and How to Generate Quality Leads by Addressing ThemMarkus LinderGenerating qualified leads remains a top challenge for B2B marketers. Here's how you can address three key B2B buying trends to earn buyers' attention and trust—and improve the quality of ...
Your 2018 Marketing Plan Won't Work and Will Break the Law: The Threat Posed by GDPRSven DummerThe specter of the General Data Protection Regulation has loomed large. With GDPR taking effect next year, efforts to comply with the new regulations should already be well underway. That's ...
Engaging Customer Experiences Are a Make-or-Break Business Factor: The Case of HealthcareBrad DodgeThe essence of creating a positive experience is making customers feel that they are heard and important—before, during and after a transaction.
How to Use Personalization to Shorten the B2B Sales CycleShira AbelIn a world of mass emails and stimulus overload, personalization has become critical to B2B marketing. Buyers are becoming harder to identify and increasingly like consumers: They want personalized outreach ...
Loyalty, Retention, Relationships: What's Really in It for Your Customers?Tyler DouglasIn marketing, we talk nostalgically about the "corner store" as the epitome of customer relationships. But that Norman Rockwell version of customer loyalty is dead. Which is why we need ...
How to Avoid Disappointing Your Social Media Followers and Keep Them Happy and LoyalAnnaliese HenwoodA loyal base of followers is key to your marketing—to bring in steady website traffic and ensure positive word-of-mouth that helps your business gain traction. To avoid ruining your relationship ...
10 Benefits of a Loyalty Rewards Program [Infographic]Laura ForerLoyalty rewards programs can give you a great ROI, but first you have to know what your goals are and how to measure them. Check out this infographic for tips ...
Five Keyword Types Small Business Owners Need to Track for Social Media and Web MonitoringAleh BarysevichSocial media monitoring has become an important part of digital marketing. Though most marketers understand its necessity, the details aren't as clear. The most common question: What keywords should I ...
These Six Nonprofit Strategies Will Supercharge Your For-Profit BusinessRoger SametzTo survive and thrive, nonprofits have had to develop approaches and skills that for-profits can also use to improve their competitive position, customer relations, and long-term health and value.
Customer Acquisition: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Find (and Keep) Customers of a Subscription Product: Wendy Connell of Storyblocks on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneWendy Connell, vice-president of marketing at digital media company Storyblocks, shares tips for acquiring new customers, retaining existing customers, minimizing churn when you operate on a subscription model, and more.
Creating Brand Fans on a Grand Scale: Musician Peter Hollens on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMusician Peter Hollens built a following of more than 1.5 million YouTube subscribers through collaboration, a commitment to regular content, and audience feedback. The lessons he learned can help marketers build their own valuable audiences.
Mastering the Invisible Sale: Tom Martin Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTom Martin—founder of Converse Digital and author of The Invisible Sale—discusses his secrets for using content and social networking to drive business growth without cold calls, advertising, or pitching.
Whiteboard Selling: Author Corey Sommers Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneCorey Sommers, SVP of whiteboard strategy at Corporate Visions, is also co-founder of WhiteboardSelling, where he was CMO. In this episode of Marketing Smarts, he discusses the book he co-wrote with David Jenkins, Whiteboard Selling: Empowering Sales Through Visuals.
The Tension Between Marketing and Sales Exposed! Silverpop's Ellen Valentine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantEllen Valentine, product evangelist at Silverpop and my guest this week on Marketing Smarts, has an interesting perspective on the perennial tension between Marketing and Sales: Technology is to blame! And it's likely the solution, too...
Customer Acquisition: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Succeed at LinkedIn Content Marketing: Three Must-Have StrategiesBroadcast on 12/14/2017 with Viveka von RosenIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll hear about three powerful content marketing strategies using specific LinkedIn tools. You'll discover how to capture your leads' interest with LinkedIn's publishing platform, native video, and long-form updates. You'll also learn how to use these strategies to increase your brand's visibility to keep you top of mind among your audience and cement your positioning as a leader in your industry.
- Email Marketing Master Course: How to Use Email to Build Customer RelationshipsBroadcast on 12/7/2017 with Adam Q. Holden-BacheIn this online seminar, you'll learn about all aspects of an email lead nurturing program, from initial awareness to post-purchase follow-up. You'll get insight, tactics, tips, and takeaways that you can implement to improve the email relationship-building campaigns for your business.
- Break Through the Noise: Three Strategies to Double SalesBroadcast on 9/22/2016 with Amanda HolmesIn this PRO seminar, we'll share real case studies from companies who have doubled their business and we'll walk you through the techniques they used to do it. You'll leave armed with email templates, marketing messaging fundamentals, and proven strategies you can start using today to grab your prospect's attention, surpass targets, and double sales.
- Dominate LinkedIn: Connect and Engage With Your ProspectsBroadcast on 7/28/2016 with Viveka von RosenIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to leverage LinkedIn's "hidden" features to connect and engage with your ideal prospects, and ultimately close more sales. You'll learn how to identify your best leads, communication strategies that convert, and what LinkedIn tools will help seal the deal.
- Smarketing—What It Is and Why You Need to Master ItBroadcast on 9/24/2015 with Peter StrohkorbIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the recent phenomenon of smarketing: sales and marketing working together to be competitive in the new buyer's journey. We'll share examples of highly collaborative companies that have applied smarketing and the role it played in their success. You'll leave with actionable advice on how you can introduce this concept to your organization and an understanding of the benefits it can offer.
- Capturing Customers: How to Transition From Product Promoters to Trusted AdvisersBroadcast on 6/18/2015 with Carla JohnsonIn this PRO seminar, we'll talk about why marketers need to change their approach to capture and keep buyer attention. You'll learn how to transition your marketing from being product-centered into thought leadership centered, and ultimately, how to establish yourself as a trusted adviser within your industry. We'll also share the tactics that the best B2B brands are using to do exactly this.
- MarketingProfs University: Modern Sales and Marketing AlignmentBroadcast on 4/9/2015 with Mathew SweezeyIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss modern strategies and sales tools for aligning your marketing campaigns to support sales goals and show you how to identify sales-ready leads using behavioral scoring. You'll learn specific techniques to predict future lead handoffs, hold sales accountable for passed leads, and put safety nets in place to catch any that fall through the cracks.
- How to Turn Trade Show Leads Into Trade Show SalesBroadcast on 9/18/2014 with Jim BerettaIn this PRO seminar, we'll share proven tips and techniques that will help you continue the conversation after the show, extending the life of the event and your marketing budget. You'll learn how to master trade show data that can lead to big results for your company.
- The Art of Sales Conversations: Winning Clients and Increasing RevenueBroadcast on 10/27/2011 with Mike SchultzMaster the skills needed to influence prospects through better sales conversations during this insightful PRO seminar. Learn how uncovering your clients' needs throughout the conversation process can help you increase their desire to buy from you (and for full price).
- Conversion in a Social World: From Likes to LeadsBroadcast on 6/9/2011 with Tim AshOnline conversion expert Tim Ash discusses the principles of social dynamics and the specific strategies you can use to energize your online audience and convert them to customers.
Customer Acquisition: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Attract Customers to Your Tradeshow BoothReleased on 5/29/2015 with Jim BerettaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn seven key customer attraction strategies to ensure a consistent flow of traffic to your booth. We'll go beyond how to pick the ideal booth location and will provide you with tips on how to train your team to drive attendees in, booth promotions that work, creative differentiation ideas, and more—so you'll leave each event with a list of qualified leads and a positive ROI.
- Take 10: How to Become a Trade Show Rock Star—10 Trade Show Pitfalls to AvoidReleased on 9/19/2014 with Jim BerettaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about 10 trade show pitfalls and how you can avoid them. Eliminating these trade show 'fails' will save you time and money, and help you release your inner trade show rock star.
Customer Acquisition: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Build a Mighty Email List With Attractive Lead MagnetsIn this 36-page guide, you'll learn about lead magnets, how they can make your marketing more magnetic, and how you can use them to build a higher quality email list that delivers more business.