Customer Acquisition: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Your Buyers Are Experiencing Marketing Fatigue; Here's What to Do About ItJim BrodoToo many nurture touchpoints, too many pieces of outreach, too many really bad email messages. Buyers are beginning to shut down, and that's going to be a big problem for ...
Six Building Blocks of a High-Converting Lead Generation FormAshley WalshLet's be honest: Website visitors hate to fill out your lead generation forms. Luckily, there are proven ways to reduce form friction and get prospects to hand over their valuable ...
Don't Make a Titanic Mistake: Bigger Experiences Aren't Always Better in Experiential MarketingSteve RandazzoWhen planning an experiential marketing campaign, it can be tempting to sink a titanic budget into the splashiest one-day event ever conceived, but that single-minded pursuit of buzz is risky. ...
Three Ways UGC Influences Sales: The Case of Real-Customer PhotosJuliet CarnoyWhen you scale your content creation efforts with user-generated content, and use real customer photos alongside branded content in your marketing, you'll gain credibility and authenticity for your brand and ...
No Size Too Small: ABM for SMBsJosh BaezAccount-based marketing might be thought of as an enterprise-level tactic, but that doesn't mean ABM, albeit scaled down, can't provide outsized results for your small-to-midsize business.
The Highest-Spending E-Commerce Customers Are Seeing Stars—Star Ratings, That IsBarry FeldmanStar ratings are simple, but they have an immense effect. They increase social proof, boost word-of-mouth marketing, and improve the results of paid ads. And, most important, they influence purchases.
Content Marketing and Customer Acquisition: How to Calculate Your CAC, CLV, and ROIMo HarakeIf you're on the content bandwagon, but you don't know your customer acquisition cost (CAC) and customer lifetime value (CLV), you're playing a dangerous game: How do you know spending ...
The Essential Role of Call Tracking as an Inbound Marketing TacticMark SullivanCall tracking is one of the most powerful tools for your inbound marketing efforts. It results in clear-cut, actionable campaign data, enabling you to better optimize your inbound marketing strategy.
Four Steps for Successfully Implementing Marketing AttributionOpher KahaneMarketers are using more digital channels than ever, and they are under pressure to prove the ROI of those efforts. Many look to attribution solutions to understand how channels are ...
Three Steps for Crafting More-Personalized and Better-Performing ContentJacob WarwickContent marketers strive to create content that not only speaks directly to their target audiences but also compels those audiences to take action. Easier said then done, of course. But ...
Customer Acquisition: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Creating Brand Fans on a Grand Scale: Musician Peter Hollens on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMusician Peter Hollens built a following of more than 1.5 million YouTube subscribers through collaboration, a commitment to regular content, and audience feedback. The lessons he learned can help marketers build their own valuable audiences.
Mastering the Invisible Sale: Tom Martin Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTom Martin—founder of Converse Digital and author of The Invisible Sale—discusses his secrets for using content and social networking to drive business growth without cold calls, advertising, or pitching.
Whiteboard Selling: Author Corey Sommers Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneCorey Sommers, SVP of whiteboard strategy at Corporate Visions, is also co-founder of WhiteboardSelling, where he was CMO. In this episode of Marketing Smarts, he discusses the book he co-wrote with David Jenkins, Whiteboard Selling: Empowering Sales Through Visuals.
The Tension Between Marketing and Sales Exposed! Silverpop's Ellen Valentine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantEllen Valentine, product evangelist at Silverpop and my guest this week on Marketing Smarts, has an interesting perspective on the perennial tension between Marketing and Sales: Technology is to blame! And it's likely the solution, too...
Customer Acquisition: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Break Through the Noise: Three Strategies to Double SalesBroadcast on 9/22/2016 with Amanda HolmesIn this PRO seminar, we'll share real case studies from companies who have doubled their business and we'll walk you through the techniques they used to do it. You'll leave armed with email templates, marketing messaging fundamentals, and proven strategies you can start using today to grab your prospect's attention, surpass targets, and double sales.
- Dominate LinkedIn: Connect and Engage With Your ProspectsBroadcast on 7/28/2016 with Viveka von RosenIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to leverage LinkedIn's "hidden" features to connect and engage with your ideal prospects, and ultimately close more sales. You'll learn how to identify your best leads, communication strategies that convert, and what LinkedIn tools will help seal the deal.
- Smarketing—What It Is and Why You Need to Master ItBroadcast on 9/24/2015 with Peter StrohkorbIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the recent phenomenon of smarketing: sales and marketing working together to be competitive in the new buyer's journey. We'll share examples of highly collaborative companies that have applied smarketing and the role it played in their success. You'll leave with actionable advice on how you can introduce this concept to your organization and an understanding of the benefits it can offer.
- Capturing Customers: How to Transition From Product Promoters to Trusted AdvisersBroadcast on 6/18/2015 with Carla JohnsonIn this PRO seminar, we'll talk about why marketers need to change their approach to capture and keep buyer attention. You'll learn how to transition your marketing from being product-centered into thought leadership centered, and ultimately, how to establish yourself as a trusted adviser within your industry. We'll also share the tactics that the best B2B brands are using to do exactly this.
- MarketingProfs University: Modern Sales and Marketing AlignmentBroadcast on 4/9/2015 with Mathew SweezeyIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss modern strategies and sales tools for aligning your marketing campaigns to support sales goals and show you how to identify sales-ready leads using behavioral scoring. You'll learn specific techniques to predict future lead handoffs, hold sales accountable for passed leads, and put safety nets in place to catch any that fall through the cracks.
- How to Turn Trade Show Leads Into Trade Show SalesBroadcast on 9/18/2014 with Jim BerettaIn this PRO seminar, we'll share proven tips and techniques that will help you continue the conversation after the show, extending the life of the event and your marketing budget. You'll learn how to master trade show data that can lead to big results for your company.
- The Art of Sales Conversations: Winning Clients and Increasing RevenueBroadcast on 10/27/2011 with Mike SchultzMaster the skills needed to influence prospects through better sales conversations during this insightful PRO seminar. Learn how uncovering your clients' needs throughout the conversation process can help you increase their desire to buy from you (and for full price).
- Conversion in a Social World: From Likes to LeadsBroadcast on 6/9/2011 with Tim AshOnline conversion expert Tim Ash discusses the principles of social dynamics and the specific strategies you can use to energize your online audience and convert them to customers.
- 8 Triggers that Turn Customer Distraction into TractionBroadcast on 4/14/2011 with Adrian OttLearn how to manage customer time to your advantage with the eight key triggers that drive customer time and attention.
- Cure for the Common Website: Using Personas to Boost Site PerformanceBroadcast on 2/10/2011 with Mark O'BrienPersona development is one of the most important and overlooked aspects of website planning. During this 90-minute PRO seminar, learn everything you need to know to create personas and use them to develop a highly effective website.
Customer Acquisition: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Attract Customers to Your Tradeshow BoothReleased on 5/29/2015 with Jim BerettaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn seven key customer attraction strategies to ensure a consistent flow of traffic to your booth. We'll go beyond how to pick the ideal booth location and will provide you with tips on how to train your team to drive attendees in, booth promotions that work, creative differentiation ideas, and more—so you'll leave each event with a list of qualified leads and a positive ROI.
- Take 10: How to Become a Trade Show Rock Star—10 Trade Show Pitfalls to AvoidReleased on 9/19/2014 with Jim BerettaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about 10 trade show pitfalls and how you can avoid them. Eliminating these trade show 'fails' will save you time and money, and help you release your inner trade show rock star.
Customer Acquisition: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Build a Mighty Email List With Attractive Lead MagnetsIn this 36-page guide, you'll learn about lead magnets, how they can make your marketing more magnetic, and how you can use them to build a higher quality email list that delivers more business.