Marketing Strategy: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Owned, Paid, and Earned: The Social Media Trifecta [Infographic]Laura ForerOwned, earned, and paid social media are often thought of as separate tactics of a brand's social strategy. But ensuring all three work together can give you the biggest and ...
What Marketers Want From Conferences [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiMost marketers want conferences to be affordable, to mix education and networking, and to be three or fewer days long, according to recent research from Digital Third Coast.
How to Build a Micro-Influencer Marketing Program in the Months Before Black FridayLyle StevensBlack Friday might seem like it's a long time away, but some of the most worthwhile holiday marketing activities require months of planning. If you want to build out a ...
#SocialSkim: Google Aggregates Job Listings, Snapchat's Location-Sharing: 10 Stories This WeekChristian NeriGoogle becomes the biggest job-search platform; Snapchat maps help users meet up; LinkedIn makes comments expressive; Music.ly's original programming with big partners; Instagram Stories user base soars; GIF's 30th anniversary...
Where in the World Is Your Brand From, and Why Does It Matter? [Infographic]Laura ForerThe "geographic entanglement" of your company is one aspect of its brand that you have little control over, but it can have a big influence on your buyers. See this ...
10 Things You Can Do With an Explainer Video (And Why You Should Do Them) [Infographic]Laura ForerMarketers know that video can be an effective medium, but figuring out the best way to use videos can be a challenge. Today's infographic shows how to use explainer videos ...
E-Commerce Technology: Why Your ESP Is Not Enough, and What You Need InsteadZaius [Sponsored Content]Most e-commerce businesses are still being run on email service providers (ESPs) and a patchwork of point solutions, leading to disconnected marketing, fragmented customer experiences, and no way for marketers ...
Nine Critical Issues to Consider Before You Buy Marketing SoftwareChris GomersallToday's marketing software landscape is flooded with thousands of solutions offering myriad features and benefits. It can be nearly impossible to find the right software for you. But fear not, ...
What Bothers Consumers Most About Brand MarketingAyaz NanjiConsumers say the thing they dislike most about brand marketing is false, misleading, or phony advertising, according to recent research from the CMO Council and Dow Jones.
#SocialSkim: Apple's Business Chat, Twitter's Major Redesign: 11 Stories This WeekChristian NeriApple's Business Chat vs. Messenger; Twitter's big redesign; why Yahoo's grand social media Tumblr plan failed; Facebook's paid news subscriptions, profile cover videos; Instagram's archive feature and sponsored-content labels; Snapchat's ...
Marketing Strategy: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Your Marketing Superpowers: Targeting and Personalization. Scott Dubois on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneScott Dubois, co-founder of digital agency Pidalia, discusses generational marketing, the power of personalization, qualities to look for in an agency, and more.
Creativity, Technology, and the Future of Marketing: Jon Wuebben on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMost marketers have the next year planned. Really ambitious marketers might think ahead five years. The author of Future Marketing has a 13-year-plan (and he thinks you need one, too). Hear him prognosticate about what's ahead in the world of ...
Artificial Marketing Smarts: Dale Beaumont Talks AI With MarketingProfs [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDale Beaumont, author, speaker, and founder of BriN (a business adviser powered by artificial intelligence) discusses the impact of AI on business and explains the changing landscape for marketers.
Revitalizing a 150-Year-Old Brand: Simon Perkins of The Orvis Company on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSimon Perkins, director of brand marketing at The Orvis Company, tells the story of how the oldest mail-order retailer in the United States evolved into an international outdoor lifestyle retailer with more than $340 million in annual sales.
The Secret to Becoming Known: Best-Selling Author Mark Schaefer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing strategist, educator, and best-selling author Mark W. Schaefer shares insights from his latest book, Known: The Handbook for Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Age.
How to Become Hyper-Relevant—Build a 'Free Range' Brand: Nicole Ertas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMany once-dominant brands find it tough to stay relevant today. Brand strategist Nicole Ertas offers tips for building a "free range" brand that reaches various types of buyers. She also discusses new buyer archetypes and how to appeal to each ...
Funnel Metrics, Attribution, and Measuring Marketing ROI in Any Industry: Christine Vermes on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChristine Vermes, vice-president of marketing at sales and marketing analytics company Full Circle Insights, discusses funnel metrics and attribution, and how to measure marketing ROI in any industry, from software and technology to the game of polo.
A Simple Formula for Effective Content: They Ask, You Answer! Marcus Sheridan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarcus Sheridan used blogging to turn his struggling pool business around. Now he's a content marketing consultant for some of the world's top companies. In this episode, Marcus offers a sneak preview of marketing secrets from his forthcoming book 'They ...
2016 Yearend Episode: Memorable Holiday Marketing Campaignsby Mack Collier, Kerry O'Shea GorgoneEight marketing all-stars discuss memorable holiday campaigns: what made their favorites stand out and how to create marketing that stays good longer than your neighbor's fruitcake.
B2B Industry Trends: Marketing Smarts From the MarketingProfs B2B Forum in Boston [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSpeakers and B2B marketers stopped by to chat with Marketing Smarts host Kerry O'Shea Gorgone in Boston at the MarketingProfs B2B Forum. All guests discuss three things: what they want to master in 2017, their favorite social network for B2B ...
Marketing Strategy: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- What's in It for Me? How to Create a Customer-Centric Product MessageBroadcast on 2/9/2017 with Lawson AbinantiIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the two most important factors in developing a compelling message strategy for your product or company—the uniqueness of your offer and whether it solves your target audience's most pressing problem. You'll walk away with an action plan that will connect your message with your customer every time.
- Digital Trends for 2017: What You Need to Know NowBroadcast on 8/11/2016 with Mike CorakIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the top digital trends that will deliver today and into the future. We'll walk through the best of what's ahead while gaining insight and tips for real-world application in digital communications, roadmap creation, and most importantly, performance optimization. We'll expose false predictions and shine a light on the trends you shouldn't ignore. You'll leave with the knowledge and actionable information you need to succeed in digital marketing in 2017.
- Get Scrappy: Smarter Digital Marketing for Businesses Big and SmallBroadcast on 6/23/2016 with Nick WestergaardIn this PRO seminar, you'll discover how getting 'scrappy' can help you put brains before budget and simplify your marketing in today's complex world. We'll share a range of strategic frameworks as well as tactical tips that will provide you with a reliable system for rethinking marketing as marketing re-thinks itself.
- MarketingProfs University: High-Performance MarketingBroadcast on 3/10/2016 with David NewberryIn this PRO seminar, we'll introduce the principles of agile methodology and lean manufacturing, and explain why these matter not only to manufacturers, but also to knowledge-based functions like marketing. You'll see how these principles can be applied to create a high-performance team. We'll also walk you through practical ways to apply these techniques in a day-to-day working environment.
- How to Host a Marketing Growth HackathonBroadcast on 2/25/2016 with Paul RoetzerIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how marketing hackathons bring together marketers, executives, and entrepreneurs to brainstorm and solve business growth challenges in an interactive, single-day event. We'll give you six steps to not only conduct your own marketing hackathon, but also to help you quickly identify campaigns with the greatest probability of impacting business results.
- Content, Conversions, and Lead GenerationBroadcast on 2/4/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, we'll analyze the birth of a lead, and deconstruct each page in the process, along with each stage in the funnel. We'll cover how content impacts the conversion funnel, from high-ranking blog posts to thank you pages. Plus, you'll learn which topics and types of content attract and engage visitors.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: Elements of the Landing PageBroadcast on 1/28/2016 with Brian MasseyIn this PRO seminar, we'll help you build landing pages that get results. We'll provide you with actionable tips and best practices to navigate the complexities of creating result-driven landing pages. We'll review PRO member-submitted landing pages and make real-time suggestions for improvements that will make an immediate impact.
- Algorhythm—The Pulse and Future of BrandsBroadcast on 1/14/2016 with Mitch JoelIn this PRO seminar, Mitch Joel will explain why B2B marketers need to be aware of the new consumer-centric landscape. You'll learn how to successfully market B2B products by tapping into your own buying habits. Mitch will show how the world continues to change and challenge brands like never before.
- Eight Easy Ways to Amp Up Your Email List GrowthBroadcast on 12/10/2015 with Austin BlissIn this PRO seminar, you'll get actionable, no-cost strategies to collect the maximum quantity of email addresses and the tricks for keeping typos, errors, and bogus entries out of your database. We'll show you how to put these tips into action as well as how to effectively utilize third-party services to support your email efforts.
- The Presentation Revolution: Build, Design, and Deliver Compelling PresentationsBroadcast on 11/19/2015 with Scott SchwertlyIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn presentation secrets to help you build, design, and deliver fire-breathing, wing-flapping, roar-bellowing presentations that will have your audience hanging on your every word. We'll walk you through a step-by-step approach focusing on engrossing content, captivating storytelling, and the arresting design needed to deliver a top-notch presentation.
Marketing Strategy: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Build a Scrappy Brand BlueprintReleased on 7/22/2016 with Nick WestergaardIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to build a five-part blueprint you can use to grow your brand's presence on any budget. You'll leave with actionable steps to create a clear and consistent brand experience across all channels.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Maximize Your Tradeshow PresenceReleased on 12/4/2015 with Justin HershIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three key ways to get the most out of your tradeshow investment. We'll discuss the importance of starting with clear and measurable objectives, share tips on how your company can deliver compelling experiences on the show floor, and show examples of real companies that put these tips into action to boost their booth traffic and ROI.
- Take 10: Make the Most of Pinterest—How to Harness the Power of Pins for Real ROIReleased on 11/20/2015 with Dana KellyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through Pinterest's content best practices and share effective content distribution tactics. You'll learn which content trends can help drive growth in your own Pinterest community. We'll give you the tools and tips you need to achieve positive ROI from your Pinterest efforts.
- Take 10: Your Guide to Quick and Easy Social Media ImagesReleased on 11/6/2015 with Cynthia SanchezIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how easy and inexpensive it can be to make images that will help your social media stand out and get the right kind of attention. We'll shed light onto the tools available to you and share tips to help you get started right away.
- Take 10: How to Successfully Describe Your ServicesReleased on 10/23/2015 with Gillian ValleeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to craft a top-notch services description that can help you win more business.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Make Sure Your Press Release Gets NoticedReleased on 9/18/2015 with Nash RigginsIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through three simple steps to ensure your press releases make it to print. You'll learn how to craft a newsworthy angle, adhere to universal journalistic guidelines, and give editors just the right amount of spice to help your press release stand out from the rest.
- Take 10: Five Keys to a Better Direct Mail ListReleased on 8/21/2015 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, we'll share the different types of prospect lists available as well as tips to help you select the right list to reach new customers. You'll also learn how to enhance and segment your existing marketing data to drive better results from your direct mail campaign.
- Take 10: Three Steps for Using Influencer Video to Increase Your Bottom LineReleased on 8/7/2015 with Mark LernerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three simple steps to source quality influencer video and use it to impact your bottom line in a meaningful and measurable way. Using these steps, you'll be able to implement a strategy that will help you reach your goals and give you a leg up on the competition.
- Take 10: Seven Steps to Social Media Marketing SuccessReleased on 7/24/2015 with Paul ChaneyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through seven steps to creating an effective social media strategy. You'll learn how to incorporate the needs of your customer, align your tactics with your business goals and objectives, integrate other marketing initiatives, and determine the ROI of your social media marketing efforts.
- Take 10: How to Beat the Weekly Deadline Blues (and Get Ahead!)Released on 5/1/2015 with Roger C. ParkerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to map out your editorial calendar for the year with 12 easy, monthly decisions instead of 52 weekly decisions. With the innovative ideas and tips covered in this Take 10, you'll be able to effortlessly manage your daily and weekly marketing activities.
Marketing Strategy: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Build Your Content Marketing Dream TeamIn this 22-page guide, we'll explain how to identify the key hires you need to get your content marketing dream team started, how to add players to the bench from some unexpected places, and what skills will be required of the people you hire.
- Email Essentials: Chief Strategies for Maximizing Click RatesThis 32-page guide will teach you how to optimize your email efforts to maximize your clickthrough rates. You'll walk away ready to tackle your next email campaign!
- The Post-Mobilegeddon Survival GuideThis 24-page guide will teach you how to optimize your website for mobile so that your home base can be badged "mobile friendly" and earn the search rank it deserves.
- 62 Best Practices of Top Business BloggersThis 24-page guide will provide you with valuable nuggets of wisdom that will help you supercharge your business blog. You’ll learn directly from a long list of strategies that have proven effective for top business bloggers.
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Marketing Automation SuccessIn this 24-page guide, you'll learn step-by-step what to do to effectively plan, prepare, implement, assess, and improve your marketing automation program for optimal results.
- The Three Cs of Successful PositioningIn this 15-page guide, you'll learn how to research the three Cs, their importance, and their impact on the positioning process. Just as positioning is the foundation for successful marketing, understanding the three Cs is the foundation for a positioning strategy that will set you apart from your competitors.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.