Marketing Strategy: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Use Product-Market Fit to Drive Business GrowthLaura PattersonThe term "product-market fit" may not be familiar to some marketers, but it's fundamental to business growth. Here are five areas marketers should focus on to make sure their brand ...
Your Three-Step Approach to Account-Based Marketing SuccessJonathan HerrickABM is not a new strategy by any means, but more and more B2B marketers are embracing it, in part because they're dissatisfied with their current lead generation programs. But ...
Marketers Know AI Is the Future, But Do They Understand AI Today?Tod LoofbourrowAI is a powerful technology that can help you create relevant marketing campaigns that bring results—or irrelevant campaigns that waste your money and your customers' patience. Let's go over what ...
Your Marketing Data Isn't Just for Insights: It's Worth Much More Than ThatJessie KernanYour data is more valuable than you may know. These three strategies will help you maximize the value of your data and use it to achieve marketing and business objectives.
The State of Marketing Technology in 2018Ayaz NanjiIn 2018, nearly two-thirds (65%) of companies will increase their marketing technology budgets from 2017 levels, according to recent research from Walker Sands.
The Biggest Barriers to Successful Marketing AttributionAyaz NanjiMarketers say technology and data challenges are the biggest barriers to successful marketing attribution, according to recent research from Ascend2.
How to Craft a Brand Positioning Strategy in Four StepsNaida AlabataBrand positioning is the foundation of a strong marketing and branding strategy. Learn how to create an impactful positioning statement and use it to help define your brand in the ...
The Digital Work Tools Marketers Can't Do WithoutAyaz NanjiMarketers say the top digital tools their teams can't do without are file sharing, customer relationship management, and email marketing services, according to recent research from Widen.
The Role of the CMO in Driving GrowthAyaz NanjiMost CMOs say they are driving growth at their firms mainly by serving as the chief storyteller and by connecting the brand to the business, according to recent research from ...
Five Tips for Marketing a Subscription-Based BusinessStefan PrettyA subscription-based business model can be extremely successful—when it's marketed well. Here are some tips for reaching more of your target market, engaging your audience, and controlling churn rates.
Marketing Strategy: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Most B2B Businesses Are Barely Even Marketing: 'Bullseye Marketing' Author Louis Gudema on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea Gorgone'Bullseye Marketing' author and consultant Louis Gudema discusses the surprising disparity in marketing investment between software companies and other kinds of businesses, and offers advice on how marketing organizations can bridge that gap.
Employee Engagement and 'Intelligent Inbound': SmartBug Media Founder Ryan Malone on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneRyan Malone, founder and CEO of digital agency SmartBug Media, discusses "intelligent inbound marketing," enhancing employee engagement, and cultivating balance within a marketing organization.
Ruthless B2B Positioning: Messaging Expert Lawson Abinanti on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneLawson Abinanti, B2B marketing and messaging strategy consultant, offers tips for positioning a B2B brand, and urges marketers to be "ruthless" by focusing on ideal buyers instead of diverting resources to one-off sales.
Five Keys to High-Performing Marketing Organizations: Salesforce's Mathew Sweezey on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMathew Sweezey, principal of marketing insights for Salesforce, shares insights into the differences between high-performing marketing organizations and everyone else, based on research into 7,500+ businesses from around the world.
Optimize Your Marketing With '80/20': Consultant, Author Perry Marshall on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePerry Marshall, business consultant and best-selling author of books on sales and Google AdWords, shares valuable insights from his book 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More.
2017 Yearend Episode of Marketing Smarts: What's Got Marketers Excited for 2018 [Podcast]by Mack Collier, Kerry O'Shea Gorgone17 marketing experts and a guest co-host gush about what's got them excited for 2018. Artificial intelligence, customer experience, humor, and much more are in store for you in this special holiday yearend episode of Marketing Smarts.
Facebook Advertising (Yes, for B2B, Too): Peter Reitano and Jeff Goldenberg of Abacus on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJeff Goldenberg and Peter Reitano, co-founders of the Facebook-first performance marketing agency Abacus, share insights on Facebook advertising and the future of agency marketing.
The Fallacy of First-Mover Advantage: Ryan Holmes of Hootsuite on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneHootsuite founder and CEO Ryan Holmes talks about why the "first-mover advantage" isn't really a thing, how he launched his business, why companies should promote employee health, and more.
How to Create an Irresistible Game-Day Experience for Your Audience: Vikings CMO Steve LaCroix on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSteve LaCroix, executive vice-president and chief marketing officer for the Minnesota Vikings NFL football team, discusses how sports marketing has evolved and the importance of enhancing the game-day experience for fans at the stadium.
Marketing Lessons From the Toxic Avenger: B-Movie Maker and Businessman Jeffrey Sass on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor, speaker, and entertainment business veteran Jeffrey Sass shares marketing lessons from his book, Everything I Know About Business and Marketing, I Learned From THE TOXIC AVENGER: (One Man's Journey to Hell's Kitchen and Back).
Marketing Strategy: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Substance, Structure, and Style: How to Build Presentations That Make People Say YESBroadcast on 9/13/2018 with Tamsen WebsterIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn how to build the substance, structure, and style of your presentations that make it easy for your audience to say YES. You'll leave with the tools to develop presentations that are persuasive, memorable, and entertaining.
- A PR Primer for Marketers: Five Steps to Bigger BuzzBroadcast on 5/17/2018 with Katelyn HolbrookIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn about five simple, yet effective, ways to drive positive media coverage, establish thought leadership, and build brand buzz. You'll get practical advice on how to deploy public relations tactics in your organization and see real-world case studies that demonstrate how other brands have succeeded with PR.
- What's in It for Me? How to Create a Customer-Centric Product MessageBroadcast on 2/9/2017 with Lawson AbinantiIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the two most important factors in developing a compelling message strategy for your product or company—the uniqueness of your offer and whether it solves your target audience's most pressing problem. You'll walk away with an action plan that will connect your message with your customer every time.
- Digital Trends for 2017: What You Need to Know NowBroadcast on 8/11/2016 with Mike CorakIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the top digital trends that will deliver today and into the future. We'll walk through the best of what's ahead while gaining insight and tips for real-world application in digital communications, roadmap creation, and most importantly, performance optimization. We'll expose false predictions and shine a light on the trends you shouldn't ignore. You'll leave with the knowledge and actionable information you need to succeed in digital marketing in 2017.
- Get Scrappy: Smarter Digital Marketing for Businesses Big and SmallBroadcast on 6/23/2016 with Nick WestergaardIn this PRO seminar, you'll discover how getting 'scrappy' can help you put brains before budget and simplify your marketing in today's complex world. We'll share a range of strategic frameworks as well as tactical tips that will provide you with a reliable system for rethinking marketing as marketing re-thinks itself.
- MarketingProfs University: High-Performance MarketingBroadcast on 3/10/2016 with David NewberryIn this PRO seminar, we'll introduce the principles of agile methodology and lean manufacturing, and explain why these matter not only to manufacturers, but also to knowledge-based functions like marketing. You'll see how these principles can be applied to create a high-performance team. We'll also walk you through practical ways to apply these techniques in a day-to-day working environment.
- How to Host a Marketing Growth HackathonBroadcast on 2/25/2016 with Paul RoetzerIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how marketing hackathons bring together marketers, executives, and entrepreneurs to brainstorm and solve business growth challenges in an interactive, single-day event. We'll give you six steps to not only conduct your own marketing hackathon, but also to help you quickly identify campaigns with the greatest probability of impacting business results.
- Content, Conversions, and Lead GenerationBroadcast on 2/4/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, we'll analyze the birth of a lead, and deconstruct each page in the process, along with each stage in the funnel. We'll cover how content impacts the conversion funnel, from high-ranking blog posts to thank you pages. Plus, you'll learn which topics and types of content attract and engage visitors.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: Elements of the Landing PageBroadcast on 1/28/2016 with Brian MasseyIn this PRO seminar, we'll help you build landing pages that get results. We'll provide you with actionable tips and best practices to navigate the complexities of creating result-driven landing pages. We'll review PRO member-submitted landing pages and make real-time suggestions for improvements that will make an immediate impact.
- Algorhythm—The Pulse and Future of BrandsBroadcast on 1/14/2016 with Mitch JoelIn this PRO seminar, Mitch Joel will explain why B2B marketers need to be aware of the new consumer-centric landscape. You'll learn how to successfully market B2B products by tapping into your own buying habits. Mitch will show how the world continues to change and challenge brands like never before.
Marketing Strategy: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Build a Scrappy Brand BlueprintReleased on 7/22/2016 with Nick WestergaardIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to build a five-part blueprint you can use to grow your brand's presence on any budget. You'll leave with actionable steps to create a clear and consistent brand experience across all channels.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Maximize Your Tradeshow PresenceReleased on 12/4/2015 with Justin HershIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three key ways to get the most out of your tradeshow investment. We'll discuss the importance of starting with clear and measurable objectives, share tips on how your company can deliver compelling experiences on the show floor, and show examples of real companies that put these tips into action to boost their booth traffic and ROI.
- Take 10: Make the Most of Pinterest—How to Harness the Power of Pins for Real ROIReleased on 11/20/2015 with Dana KellyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through Pinterest's content best practices and share effective content distribution tactics. You'll learn which content trends can help drive growth in your own Pinterest community. We'll give you the tools and tips you need to achieve positive ROI from your Pinterest efforts.
- Take 10: Your Guide to Quick and Easy Social Media ImagesReleased on 11/6/2015 with Cynthia SanchezIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how easy and inexpensive it can be to make images that will help your social media stand out and get the right kind of attention. We'll shed light onto the tools available to you and share tips to help you get started right away.
- Take 10: How to Successfully Describe Your ServicesReleased on 10/23/2015 with Gillian ValleeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to craft a top-notch services description that can help you win more business.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Make Sure Your Press Release Gets NoticedReleased on 9/18/2015 with Nash RigginsIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through three simple steps to ensure your press releases make it to print. You'll learn how to craft a newsworthy angle, adhere to universal journalistic guidelines, and give editors just the right amount of spice to help your press release stand out from the rest.
- Take 10: Five Keys to a Better Direct Mail ListReleased on 8/21/2015 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, we'll share the different types of prospect lists available as well as tips to help you select the right list to reach new customers. You'll also learn how to enhance and segment your existing marketing data to drive better results from your direct mail campaign.
- Take 10: Three Steps for Using Influencer Video to Increase Your Bottom LineReleased on 8/7/2015 with Mark LernerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three simple steps to source quality influencer video and use it to impact your bottom line in a meaningful and measurable way. Using these steps, you'll be able to implement a strategy that will help you reach your goals and give you a leg up on the competition.
- Take 10: Seven Steps to Social Media Marketing SuccessReleased on 7/24/2015 with Paul ChaneyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through seven steps to creating an effective social media strategy. You'll learn how to incorporate the needs of your customer, align your tactics with your business goals and objectives, integrate other marketing initiatives, and determine the ROI of your social media marketing efforts.
- Take 10: How to Beat the Weekly Deadline Blues (and Get Ahead!)Released on 5/1/2015 with Roger C. ParkerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to map out your editorial calendar for the year with 12 easy, monthly decisions instead of 52 weekly decisions. With the innovative ideas and tips covered in this Take 10, you'll be able to effortlessly manage your daily and weekly marketing activities.
Marketing Strategy: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Build Your Content Marketing Dream TeamIn this 22-page guide, we'll explain how to identify the key hires you need to get your content marketing dream team started, how to add players to the bench from some unexpected places, and what skills will be required of the people you hire.
- Email Essentials: Chief Strategies for Maximizing Click RatesThis 32-page guide will teach you how to optimize your email efforts to maximize your clickthrough rates. You'll walk away ready to tackle your next email campaign!
- The Post-Mobilegeddon Survival GuideThis 24-page guide will teach you how to optimize your website for mobile so that your home base can be badged "mobile friendly" and earn the search rank it deserves.
- 62 Best Practices of Top Business BloggersThis 24-page guide will provide you with valuable nuggets of wisdom that will help you supercharge your business blog. You’ll learn directly from a long list of strategies that have proven effective for top business bloggers.
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Marketing Automation SuccessIn this 24-page guide, you'll learn step-by-step what to do to effectively plan, prepare, implement, assess, and improve your marketing automation program for optimal results.
- The Three Cs of Successful PositioningIn this 15-page guide, you'll learn how to research the three Cs, their importance, and their impact on the positioning process. Just as positioning is the foundation for successful marketing, understanding the three Cs is the foundation for a positioning strategy that will set you apart from your competitors.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.