Marketing Strategy: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The Content Marketer's Approach to Successful Social Selling and Sales EnablementBarry FeldmanPush marketing. Pull marketing. Content marketing. Social selling. Sales enablement. All are in the playbook that Marketing and Sales use to grow the business via digital channels. Here's what content ...
#SocialSkim: Why LinkedIn Just Lost 6 Million Users, Twitter’s Plans to Shift Course: 13 Stories This WeekChristian NeriThis week: LinkedIn's fight with the Kremlin; Twitter distances itself from... social media; Snapchat builds lead-gen ad capability; the ultimate LinkedIn cheat sheet; social's role in hot B2B trends; Zuckerberg’s ...
Competitive Marketing Intelligence? Yep, There's a Chatbot for That!James A. GardnerCollecting marketing intelligence on our competitors and rivals has long been a headache in search of an aspirin. We've had to use Google and scores of standalone tools to conduct ...
Three Major Shifts That Will Transform Video Marketing in 2017Tyler LessardIn 2017, three major shifts in how we create, promote, and measure video content will bring about the tipping point that changes the game and puts us squarely on track ...
Marketing Video: Sales and Marketing Alignment—Stop Passing the Baton and Start Rowing the BoatKeith JonesOnce Marketing hands off leads to Sales, it's often assumed the marketer's job is done. But to close sales, Marketing and Sales must be in alignment during the entire buyer's ...
How the Role of the CMO Is ChangingAyaz NanjiChief marketing officers are increasingly being held responsible for growth strategies and revenue generation within their companies, according to recent research from the CMO Council and Deloitte.
Five Ways B2B Marketing Will Change in 2017: All Roads Lead to Marketing Performance ManagementJames ThomasAsk B2B marketers to identify what they are focused on, year after year, and they will say "revenue." Enter marketing performance management. As we enter 2017, five key changes will ...
#SocialSkim: LinkedIn's Latest Changes, How Social Will Change in 2017: 10 Stories This WeekChristian NeriSkim for a fresh start in 2017: all the LinkedIn changes marketers need to know; Twitter's cry for help, and its launch of 360-degree live video; consumers' concerns about social ...
Seven Marketing Automation Predictions and Best-Practices for 2017Tom RyanIf 2016 was anything to go by, we marketers should be excited about marketing automation in 2017. If you want your automation efforts to pay off this year, keep these ...
MarTech in 2017: Five Predictions and ExpectationsRyan DonovanMarketing technology has been instrumental in helping marketers reach their audiences in 2016. Here's what you can expect from martech in 2017.
Marketing Strategy: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Funnel Metrics, Attribution, and Measuring Marketing ROI in Any Industry: Christine Vermes on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChristine Vermes, vice-president of marketing at sales and marketing analytics company Full Circle Insights, discusses funnel metrics and attribution, and how to measure marketing ROI in any industry, from software and technology to the game of polo.
A Simple Formula for Effective Content: They Ask, You Answer! Marcus Sheridan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarcus Sheridan used blogging to turn his struggling pool business around. Now he's a content marketing consultant for some of the world's top companies. In this episode, Marcus offers a sneak preview of marketing secrets from his forthcoming book 'They ...
2016 Yearend Episode: Memorable Holiday Marketing Campaignsby Mack Collier, Kerry O'Shea GorgoneEight marketing all-stars discuss memorable holiday campaigns: what made their favorites stand out and how to create marketing that stays good longer than your neighbor's fruitcake.
B2B Industry Trends: Marketing Smarts From the MarketingProfs B2B Forum in Boston [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSpeakers and B2B marketers stopped by to chat with Marketing Smarts host Kerry O'Shea Gorgone in Boston at the MarketingProfs B2B Forum. All guests discuss three things: what they want to master in 2017, their favorite social network for B2B ...
How to Own the Consideration Phase: Professor James Loomstein on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing professor and agency marketer James Loomstein explains why marketers should focus their efforts (and their budgets) on the consideration phase in 2017.
The Sweet Taste of Marketing Success: Stonewall Kitchen CEO John Stiker on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneStonewall Kitchen CEO John Stiker shares the story of how two entrepreneurs grew their homemade jam and jelly business into an international success through content marketing, social media, and brand engagement.
How 'Dolphin Tale' Brought 800,000 Visitors a Year to Clearwater Marine Aquarium: CMO Bill Potts on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneHow can you use stories to garner support for a cause or organization? Here's a story that inspired the movie Dolphin Tale and saved Clearwater Marine Aquarium from financial disaster, as told by its CMO, Bill Potts.
Embrace Revenue Responsibility With 'Full Funnel Marketing': Author Matt Heinz on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFull Funnel Marketing author Matt Heinz explains why (and how) marketers should embrace revenue-based metrics to demonstrate Marketing's impact on the organization.
Customer Relationships, Digital Marketing, and eBay for Dummies: Marsha Collier on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDigital marketing and e-commerce expert Marsha Collier, author of 32 books, including eBay for Dummies, discusses how to manage customer relationships across channels, why behavior is more important than demographics, and what marketers can learn from successful eBay sellers.
Get With the Program(matic): Daniel Bornstein of Demand Media on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneGain insight into programmatic advertising and sponsored content from Daniel Bornstein, senior vice-president of media monetization and operations at Demand Media, a holding company that owns ehow, LIVESTRONG, and CRACKED.
Marketing Strategy: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- The Year in Email: The Best and Brightest of 2016Broadcast on 12/13/2016 with Jamie BradleyJoin us for this free seminar to get an inside look at some of Emma’s favorite, top-performing campaigns of 2016. From show-stopping GIFs to smart automation, you'll walk away with all the email design and strategy tips you need to drive brilliant results in 2017… and beyond! Sponsored by Emma
- Digital Trends for 2017: What You Need to Know NowBroadcast on 8/11/2016 with Mike CorakIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the top digital trends that will deliver today and into the future. We'll walk through the best of what's ahead while gaining insight and tips for real-world application in digital communications, roadmap creation, and most importantly, performance optimization. We'll expose false predictions and shine a light on the trends you shouldn't ignore. You'll leave with the knowledge and actionable information you need to succeed in digital marketing in 2017.
- Get Scrappy: Smarter Digital Marketing for Businesses Big and SmallBroadcast on 6/23/2016 with Nick WestergaardIn this PRO seminar, you'll discover how getting 'scrappy' can help you put brains before budget and simplify your marketing in today's complex world. We'll share a range of strategic frameworks as well as tactical tips that will provide you with a reliable system for rethinking marketing as marketing re-thinks itself.
- Apply an Agile Approach to Your MarketingBroadcast on 5/12/2016 with Jim EwelIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to address two of the most critical tasks in agile marketing. Agile marketing expert Jim Ewel will discuss how to get you into the mind of the customer and understand what they are trying to accomplish—and why.
- MarketingProfs University: High-Performance MarketingBroadcast on 3/10/2016 with David NewberryIn this PRO seminar, we'll introduce the principles of agile methodology and lean manufacturing, and explain why these matter not only to manufacturers, but also to knowledge-based functions like marketing. You'll see how these principles can be applied to create a high-performance team. We'll also walk you through practical ways to apply these techniques in a day-to-day working environment.
- How to Host a Marketing Growth HackathonBroadcast on 2/25/2016 with Paul RoetzerIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how marketing hackathons bring together marketers, executives, and entrepreneurs to brainstorm and solve business growth challenges in an interactive, single-day event. We'll give you six steps to not only conduct your own marketing hackathon, but also to help you quickly identify campaigns with the greatest probability of impacting business results.
- Content, Conversions, and Lead GenerationBroadcast on 2/4/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, we'll analyze the birth of a lead, and deconstruct each page in the process, along with each stage in the funnel. We'll cover how content impacts the conversion funnel, from high-ranking blog posts to thank you pages. Plus, you'll learn which topics and types of content attract and engage visitors.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: Elements of the Landing PageBroadcast on 1/28/2016 with Brian MasseyIn this PRO seminar, we'll help you build landing pages that get results. We'll provide you with actionable tips and best practices to navigate the complexities of creating result-driven landing pages. We'll review PRO member-submitted landing pages and make real-time suggestions for improvements that will make an immediate impact.
- Algorhythm—The Pulse and Future of BrandsBroadcast on 1/14/2016 with Mitch JoelIn this PRO seminar, Mitch Joel will explain why B2B marketers need to be aware of the new consumer-centric landscape. You'll learn how to successfully market B2B products by tapping into your own buying habits. Mitch will show how the world continues to change and challenge brands like never before.
- Eight Easy Ways to Amp Up Your Email List GrowthBroadcast on 12/10/2015 with Austin BlissIn this PRO seminar, you'll get actionable, no-cost strategies to collect the maximum quantity of email addresses and the tricks for keeping typos, errors, and bogus entries out of your database. We'll show you how to put these tips into action as well as how to effectively utilize third-party services to support your email efforts.
Marketing Strategy: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Build a Scrappy Brand BlueprintReleased on 7/22/2016 with Nick WestergaardIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to build a five-part blueprint you can use to grow your brand's presence on any budget. You'll leave with actionable steps to create a clear and consistent brand experience across all channels.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Maximize Your Tradeshow PresenceReleased on 12/4/2015 with Justin HershIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three key ways to get the most out of your tradeshow investment. We'll discuss the importance of starting with clear and measurable objectives, share tips on how your company can deliver compelling experiences on the show floor, and show examples of real companies that put these tips into action to boost their booth traffic and ROI.
- Take 10: Make the Most of Pinterest—How to Harness the Power of Pins for Real ROIReleased on 11/20/2015 with Dana KellyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through Pinterest's content best practices and share effective content distribution tactics. You'll learn which content trends can help drive growth in your own Pinterest community. We'll give you the tools and tips you need to achieve positive ROI from your Pinterest efforts.
- Take 10: Your Guide to Quick and Easy Social Media ImagesReleased on 11/6/2015 with Cynthia SanchezIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how easy and inexpensive it can be to make images that will help your social media stand out and get the right kind of attention. We'll shed light onto the tools available to you and share tips to help you get started right away.
- Take 10: How to Successfully Describe Your ServicesReleased on 10/23/2015 with Gillian ValleeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to craft a top-notch services description that can help you win more business.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Make Sure Your Press Release Gets NoticedReleased on 9/18/2015 with Nash RigginsIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through three simple steps to ensure your press releases make it to print. You'll learn how to craft a newsworthy angle, adhere to universal journalistic guidelines, and give editors just the right amount of spice to help your press release stand out from the rest.
- Take 10: Five Keys to a Better Direct Mail ListReleased on 8/21/2015 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, we'll share the different types of prospect lists available as well as tips to help you select the right list to reach new customers. You'll also learn how to enhance and segment your existing marketing data to drive better results from your direct mail campaign.
- Take 10: Three Steps for Using Influencer Video to Increase Your Bottom LineReleased on 8/7/2015 with Mark LernerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three simple steps to source quality influencer video and use it to impact your bottom line in a meaningful and measurable way. Using these steps, you'll be able to implement a strategy that will help you reach your goals and give you a leg up on the competition.
- Take 10: Seven Steps to Social Media Marketing SuccessReleased on 7/24/2015 with Paul ChaneyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through seven steps to creating an effective social media strategy. You'll learn how to incorporate the needs of your customer, align your tactics with your business goals and objectives, integrate other marketing initiatives, and determine the ROI of your social media marketing efforts.
- Take 10: How to Beat the Weekly Deadline Blues (and Get Ahead!)Released on 5/1/2015 with Roger C. ParkerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to map out your editorial calendar for the year with 12 easy, monthly decisions instead of 52 weekly decisions. With the innovative ideas and tips covered in this Take 10, you'll be able to effortlessly manage your daily and weekly marketing activities.
Marketing Strategy: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Build Your Content Marketing Dream TeamIn this 22-page guide, we'll explain how to identify the key hires you need to get your content marketing dream team started, how to add players to the bench from some unexpected places, and what skills will be required of the people you hire.
- Email Essentials: Chief Strategies for Maximizing Click RatesThis 32-page guide will teach you how to optimize your email efforts to maximize your clickthrough rates. You'll walk away ready to tackle your next email campaign!
- The Post-Mobilegeddon Survival GuideThis 24-page guide will teach you how to optimize your website for mobile so that your home base can be badged "mobile friendly" and earn the search rank it deserves.
- 62 Best Practices of Top Business BloggersThis 24-page guide will provide you with valuable nuggets of wisdom that will help you supercharge your business blog. You’ll learn directly from a long list of strategies that have proven effective for top business bloggers.
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Marketing Automation SuccessIn this 24-page guide, you'll learn step-by-step what to do to effectively plan, prepare, implement, assess, and improve your marketing automation program for optimal results.
- The Three Cs of Successful PositioningIn this 15-page guide, you'll learn how to research the three Cs, their importance, and their impact on the positioning process. Just as positioning is the foundation for successful marketing, understanding the three Cs is the foundation for a positioning strategy that will set you apart from your competitors.
- Inbound Marketing: The Art of AttractionIn this 22-page guide, you'll learn how to understand the true value your company has in the marketplace, create great content in multiple iterations that meets customers where they are, and market your content across multiple channels to cement the relationship and convert prospects to leads.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.