How to Motivate Online Action: Compelling Incentives for B2B Lead Generation
- Ruth Stevens
- Thu., Nov. 6, 2008, 12pm ET (9am PT)
- 90 minutes
Nothing is more important in motivating business buyers to respond online than a compelling incentive offer. Offers serve to:
- Overcome people's natural inertia
- Attract a qualified prospect
- Move the prospect to the next stage of the buying process
But how do you create an offer that will attract the prospects you want, and motivate them to interact with you? Follow the principles that you'll hear in this lively 90-minute seminar. We'll take you through the principles of offer development, how to shape your offer to appeal to the right prospects, and how to pump up your offer and make it work harder—without any additional expense. You'll also learn how adjust your offer to work in a variety of online media, from banners, to email, to search engine ads.
For B2B marketers, communications are all about starting and sustaining relationships. With this seminar, you'll take away a clear understanding of how to motivate a response online, and how to sort through your options and pick the incentive that will kick off a relationship with the best possible prospects.
Ruth Stevens started her career in direct marketing at Time Warner, Ziff-Davis and IBM, and now happily applies direct marketing principles to the Internet. Ruth runs her own consulting business, eMarketing Strategy, which focuses on customer acquisition and retention in B2B markets. She also teaches marketing at Columbia Business School. Ruth is past chair of the DMA Business-to-Business Council, and immediate past president of the Direct Marketing Club of New York. Crain’s BtoB magazine named Ruth one of the 100 Most Influential People in Business Marketing in 2002. She is the author of The DMA Lead Generation Handbook, and Trade Show and Event Marketing. Ruth serves as a director of Edmund Optics, Inc. and NetFactor Corporation. She holds an MBA from Columbia University.
Who Should Attend?
B2B marketers who are using online media ... which in this century, should mean everyone. Although most examples are B2B, consumer marketers will also learn about principles and strategies of online incentive marketing.
What Will You Learn?
- What an offer is, and what it does in an online environment
- Why an offer is essential to motivating response
- How to balance an offer's power to generate a high response rate with its ability to attract qualified prospects
- The best sources of offer ideas
- The four essential characteristics of a great offer
- Why sweepstakes and contests must be managed with care
- How to adjust your offer to work in a variety of Internet media
- Seven techniques for enhancing your offer's power to persuade
- The three most common mistakes marketers make when creating offers
- How offer strategy is evolving in the new web media like social networks and blogs
You have two choices. You can pay as you go, buying single sessions that interest you. Or you can buy a PRO membership, and attend all our new PRO seminars and Take 10 webcasts over the next year, plus watch hundreds more from our library on-demand.