Marketing Through Stories: The Selling Power of Narrative
- Andrea Learned
- Thu., Mar 20, 2007, 12pm ET (9am PT)
- 90 minutes
Brands like Kleenex, Dove, Hitachi, Kashi and Donovan are delivering their features and benefits through engaging stories about customers and employees. (To see examples, click the company names above. Then for Donovan, click "watch donovan life.")
Storytelling is the new differentiator. Facts and figures, specifications and price all still matter, for certain. But it takes stories to connect with customers on an emotional level. The motivation to choose one brand over another – when the choices are endless – is triggered by emotion.
This seminar will show you how to uncover your own stories. Marketing-to-women expert and prolific storyteller Andrea Learned will translate what she knows about targeting women into wisdom for targeting any market. Andrea’s insights and examples will teach you how to build compelling stories into your marketing messages and then how to develop new chapters and spin-offs that will, ultimately, humanize your brand in a variety of fresh ways.
Andrea Learned is the founder of Learned On Women and the co-author of Don't Think Pink: What Really Makes Women Buy – and How to Increase Your Share of this Crucial Market. She is a leading marketing-to-women expert, speaker, writer and blogger who finds storytelling a key to ... well, just about any marketing approach.
For the past year or so, Andrea has been observing and analyzing the increased use of storytelling in marketing through posts to her own well-read blog and the MP Daily Fix. What she loves about sharing her knowledge in this seminar is that storytelling is gender neutral.
Through her writing and speaking engagements, Andrea is known for bringing insights about marketing to women to the masses in an accessible manner and for always keeping men in that picture – as marketers and consumers. She also specializes in the solo women's market and in the power of building customer advisory panels.
Andrea's work with clients from the outdoor sport to consumer electronics industries and everything in between reflects her passion and realistic approach to raising the bar in marketing to women to a level that better serves everyone. For more, visit: LearnedonWomen.
Who Should Attend?
Marketers who have seen "real-people" ad campaigns should attend if they want to learn to apply this concept to their own brands. Also, marketers who want to build stronger relationships with their customers will find this seminar helpful.
The case studies in this seminar will all be B2C, so B2C marketers will find the lessons easiest to apply. However, the techniques Andrea describes will work in a B2B environment as well.
What Will You Learn?
- How to create a compelling story line for your company: How to use what you know about your existing customers to develop storylines that give context and emotional impact to your product or service.
- Storytelling can connect your customers to your brand: How to leverage story lines to link your customers with your brand based on shared common interests and experiences.
- How to create more brand/customer "intersections": How can you use that common-ground knowledge along customers' buying paths?
- How to engage with your customers more meaningfully: The storytelling process helps you engage and interact more with customers, making you more relevant to them, and offering a significant competitive edge.
- How to leverage future "chapters": Once you craft your stories, you set your brand up for future chapters or spin-offs that hold to a consistent theme. Storytelling allows you to evolve your brand with its customers.
You have two choices. You can pay as you go, buying single sessions that interest you. Or you can buy a PRO Membership, and attend all our new PRO seminars and Take 10 webcasts over the next year, plus watch hundreds more from our library on-demand.