Branding: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Wherefore Art Thou, J. Peterman? The Quest for Social EngagementDilip VenkatachariJ. Peterman is a brand with far more personality than most. However, somehow, it got lost along the winding road to the social Web, and it's a tragedy that's costing ...
Manage Your Marketing Career in 3DWilliam Arruda, Deb DibMany career-minded marketing professionals we coach tell us they are too busy working in their career to work on it. Sound familiar? If so, it's time to switch from autopilot ...
B2Bs Struggling With Online Marketing Mix; Sales Cycle Gets LongerVahe HabeshianUS B2B marketers are struggling to optimize their online marketing mix, with many unable to segment and target the right decision-makers or measure program success across the entire marketing funnel, ...
The 7 Biggest Misconceptions of Successful B2B MarketingRussell GlassWhat really drives success in B2B marketing can be hard to decipher. Here are seven misconceptions about what makes for truly successful B2B marketing—and how you can steer your efforts ...
8 Do's and 5 Don'ts of Instagram for Building Your BrandAdrienne ErinThough some forward-thinking businesses are already using Instagram, chances are you aren't yet, and neither are your competitors. With its universal appeal, however, Instagram is not a medium marketers should ...
Facebook's News Feed, SXSW, LinkedIn, Prollie, Hashtag How-To... Week in Social Media #SocialSkimAngela NatividadFacebook's new News Feed, SXSW tips, tools for managing LinkedIn leads and gathering Twitter data, how-tos for hashtags and social branding, a study on social business, women and teens demographics, ...
What Big Data and Your Kids Have in Common [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiIf Big Data were personified, it'd be a kid. As anyone who has children or works with them knows, kids love to ask questions. Likewise, Big Data seems to be ...
How to Tell a Visual Story (Even You, B2B): A Marketer's GuideAnn Handley, Nick WestergaardAs storytelling becomes more and more part of marketing, another trend is coming clearly into focus: Brands are becoming more visual. Businesses that aren't ready for this visual revolution will ...
7 Marketing Lessons (and an Infographic) for Next Year's Super Bowl Advertisers (and You)Jeffrey K. RohrsThis year's Super Bowl advertisers' near total failure to engage viewers beyond the TV screen led me to distill seven marketing lessons for any marketer looking to get more ROI ...
Three Things You Need to Know When Building Your Brand in ChinaMark TannerChina has become one of the most competitive consumer markets in the world. In such a dynamic market, building a strong brand is imperative if you are to be picked ...
Branding: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
We Are Here to Persuade People: Michael Weiss of figure18 on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantMichael Weiss, managing director at figure18 and a veteran speaker, consultant, client advocate, and sales executive, has an interesting perspective on marketing and advertising, not to mention the role of the agency, in today's always-on, always-open business environment.
Reaching the Unreachable: Boston University's Dean Elmore on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBoston University's Dean of Students Kenn Elmore discusses BU's sometimes-pioneering use of social media, including for "reaching the unreachable." During our conversation, I asked him to explain what he meant by "the unreachable."
Does Your Brand Have a Visual Hammer? Laura Ries on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThis week's guest , Laura Ries, believes in tying a brand's core message (the "verbal nail") to a striking visual image (the "visual hammer"). Her premise is straightforward: To leave a lasting impression on the mind of customers and potential ...
Every Brand Needs an Editor: Marketoonist Tom Fishburne on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBrands are now publishers. That's no longer news. But what are the implications? For one, brands need editors—and not just for their content. In this episode, Tom Fishburne, the Marketoonist, explains that he learned the power of editing while working ...
The Rise of the Savvy Auntie: Melanie Notkin on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's Marketing Smarts, Melanie Notkin, founder of SavvyAuntie.com, discusses an important niche market neglected by marketers—women without children of their own, but with children in their lives.
F-Bombs, Tax Audits, and Marketing Smarts Live in Miami [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's Marketing Smarts podcast, Summer Joy Boone, director of assimilation and social media at a Florida church, and Janet K. Altman, principal and marketing director at the second largest accounting firm in Florida, offer unique perspectives on a ...
Toward the Product-Centric Future: Mike Troiano Talks About Advertising and Branding on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantOver the last 100 years, a business culture emerged based on mass production, mass consumption, and mass advertising in print and, especially, on television. Now, the media landscape is undergoing an unprecedented technical revolution—and highlighting a critical weakness at the ...
Branding: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Brand Yourself: Busting the Nine-Second BarrierBroadcast on 3/14/2013 with KiKi L'ItalienThis PRO seminar will teach you how to establish a cohesive personal brand, have better personal relationships, and live the life you were meant to live.
- How to Become a Trusted Brand and Industry LeaderBroadcast on 1/17/2013 with John MorganIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to position your brand as a go-to authority in your industry. We'll discuss how to increase your visibility and explore the critical difference between marketing and branding (and how an understanding of that difference can help you).
- How to Hammer Your Brand Into the Minds of Your ConsumersBroadcast on 7/19/2012 with Laura RiesIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn about the ten types of visual hammers, why you need one, and how to find the perfect one for your brand.
- MarketingProfs University: Presentations that Resonate With Me! How to Persuade Any AudienceBroadcast on 11/18/2011 with Nancy DuarteJoin us for this special PRO seminar with Nancy Duarte and learn a new way of structuring a presentation and connecting with an audience.
- Seven Keys to a Successful BlogBroadcast on 4/28/2011 with Jennifer CisneyJoin us for this PRO seminar with Jennifer Cisney, Kodak's chief blogger, and learn the keys to blogging success. Based on best practices learned firsthand at Kodak—an early-adopter of social media, which launched its first brand blog in 2006—she'll cover how blogging and social media tactics can inform product improvements and brand experiences through real consumer interactions.
- microMARKETING: Get Big Results by Thinking and Acting SmallBroadcast on 8/12/2010 with Greg VerdinoGreg Verdino will help you understand why the Web is getting "smaller" every day; what this means for your business; and how to create a plan that emphasizes relationships over reach, interaction over interruption, social networking over broadcast networks and the right small things over big-budget media buys.
- 7 Steps to Take Your Brand Social ... and Still Be in ControlBroadcast on 4/22/2010 with Tamsen McMahonDiscover a seven-step process to help you build a solid, sustainable, and social brand by actively aligning your values and operations (not just your communications) with those of your customers.
- Brand Detractors and Brand Evangelists: How to Connect with Influential Citizen MarketersBroadcast on 1/28/2010 with Jackie HubaHeard of sneezers? These are the folks talking about your brand that you want to reach. Here's how.
- A Killer Facebook Fan Page: Building It, Keeping It Fresh, and Integrating It into Your MarketingBroadcast on 12/17/2009 with Jeff WidmanA well-built Fan Page should attract visitors, turn them into fans, turn fans into customers, and help make customers your evangelists.
- Choosing Your Facebook Marketing Tactics: Fan Pages, Groups, Ads ... or All of the Above?Broadcast on 12/16/2009 with Jeff WidmanLearn what other businesses are doing with Facebook, then decide what's most effective for your own business.
Branding: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Build a Socially Savvy BrandReleased on 2/15/2013 with Heidi CohenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to define all aspects of your brand, from colors to images, sound, video, the tangible and intangible elements, and more.
- Take 10: Is Your Company Ready for Social Business?Released on 1/18/2013 with Daria SteigmanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn ten tips that will help you plan for your evolution into a social business by leveraging people, processes, and technology.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Turn Your Brand Into Eye Candy for Your ConsumersReleased on 6/1/2012 with Nick WestergaardIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to proactively prepare your brand for this social visual revolution and ensure that you have a sexy and cohesive brand image that's ready for consumption by your audience.
- Take 10: Four Ways to Monetize Local Daily DealsReleased on 5/18/2012 with Amy FowlerJust like everything else, there's a right way and a wrong way to add daily deals into your marketing mix. In just 10 minutes, you'll learn the right way to make daily deals lucrative for your business.
- Take 10: How to Effectively Use Traditional Marketing in the Digital AgeReleased on 4/6/2012 with Elaine FogelIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how you can use traditional marketing (print advertising, direct mail, etc.) as the perfect complement to your digital marketing strategy.
- Take 10: Crank Up Conversions With Your Facebook Welcome TabReleased on 11/12/2010 with Zach WelchDid you know that for every 100 people who visit a branded Facebook page, only an average of 23% convert into fans? In just 10 minutes, Facebook whiz Zach Welch will show you what to change, and how to change it, so that your fan conversion rates rise and you can effectively continue reaching out to those users.
- Take 10: Everything You Need to Know About LinkedIn AnswersReleased on 7/16/2010 with Jason AlbaThis webcast teaches you how to craft questions that put your brand in front of your prospects and clients as well as establish you as a thought leader in your space. Plus, LinkedIn expert Jason Alba shows you how to participate by answering questions from other LinkedIn members as well.
Branding: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Mobile Marketing Success StoriesMobile marketing campaigns can be inexpensive, easy to execute, and very profitable. See how 8 B2B and 11 B2C companies are using SMS, mobile websites, mobile ads, Smartphone applications, and Bluetooth marketing to achieve huge results.
- Facebook Success StoriesWhen it comes to social networking sites, Facebook boasts the most loyal visitors on the Web. So it's easy to see why successful brands are embracing it as a platform to connect with customers. Facebook Success Stories gives you the real scoop on how 21 companies, including Adobe and Dunkin' Donuts, are pushing the social media marketing envelope using Facebook's tools and apps.
- Social Media ROI Success StoriesLearn how social media is changing the way we market to consumers and businesses, and how 11 companies are measuring and monitoring the success of their social media campaigns.
- Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelopePropel your email marketing efforts beyond the subject line. Read Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelope to learn how to convert your emails into money-making machines.
- Twitter Success Stories: How 11 Companies are Achieving Their Marketing Objectives—140 Characters at a TimeTwitter’s brief tweets let you communicate with friends and family. But did you know that those 140 characters can also build your business? Read Twitter Success Stories: How 11 companies are achieving their marketing objectives, 140 characters at a time.
- E-Newsletter How-To GuideThe e-newsletter has become ubiquitous. Almost a dime a dozen. How do you make yours not only stand out in the inbox, but make a positive impact on your bottom line? This guide will show you how.
- Branding and Brand EquityThere isn't a single marketing topic that has dominated the last decade of the field of marketing than Branding. And, although it's certain you have at the very least put your toe in the water of the great Branding Lake, you will get nothing but good advice, confirmation of your strategies and tactics, and probably even some new ideas from this Marketing Guide.