Branding: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The Media Companies With the Most Brand EquityAyaz NanjiNetflix has the the strongest brand equity of any major media company, according to recent data from The Harris Poll.
Brand Admiration: Why Some Brands Are Loved Unconditionally (and What You Can Learn From Them)Josh ZywienWhen companies have high levels of brand admiration, they experience explosive revenue growth and improved cost efficiencies, and far greater access to the best talent and partnerships.
Five To-Do's for a Rebrand That RocksRobin SaitzNo matter the reason for a rebrand, there's no denying it's a major decision—and an expensive undertaking. Among all that needs to be done, these five things are a must ...
#SocialSkim: Brand Love for Hot Messaging App Yubl, Plus 12 More Stories in This Week's RoundupChristian NeriNew apps and ad capabilities this week: Yubl, the latest under-25 messaging platform that brands are scrambling onto; Twitter's new standalone app for power users; Tumblr's foray into live video ...
Presentation Power: How the 2016 Presumptive Presidential Nominees Stack Up [Infographic]Verónica JarskiPresentations are about much more than words said. They're about word choice, delivery, body language, hand gestures, and much more. So how do the presentation skills of Donald Trump and ...
Teens' Favorite Media Platforms, Fashion Brands, and RestaurantsAyaz NanjiAmerican teenagers now spend more time watching video on Netflix and YouTube than watching traditional cable television, according to recent research from Piper Jaffray.
The 10 Most Authentic Global BrandsAyaz NanjiConsumers say Disney is the most authentic global brand, followed by BMW, according to a recent research from Cohn & Wolfe.
Beware of Unsafe User-Generated Content [Infographic]Verónica JarskiMost marketers get very excited about user-generated content (UGC) because it can boost brand awareness and business. But beware: Some UGC can actually damage your brand.
What Marketers Really Think About Brand Experience [Infographic]Jens LundgaardWhat are marketing leaders' thoughts about branding? This infographic, based on a recent study, provides insight into the challenges and opportunities of aligning brand promise and customer experience.
Anatomy of a Rebrand (Part 3 of 3): Six Tips for Successfully Launching Your New BrandJoe StaplesNow that you've done all the work of creating your new brand, it's time to unveil it for the world to see. These six best-practices are essential to achieving a ...
Branding: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Triumph Over Trolls and Misinformation: Janice Person of Monsanto on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJanice Person, online engagement director at Monsanto, shares how blogger outreach and community engagement help the B2B company to overcome negative brand sentiment, misinformation, and outright trolling.
Not Everything Has an ROI (and That's OK): Virginie Glaenzer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing technologist and former energy industry marketer Virginie Glaenzer discusses sustainability, open source content, customer experience, and what it means to be an "awakened brand."
Use Storytelling to Enhance Your Marketing: Ron Ploof on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneStory expert Ron Ploof explains how brands (B2B and B2C alike) can create more effective marketing pieces by applying the fundamentals of storytelling to their content marketing.
Marketers, To Do More With Less, Get Scrappy! Nick Westergaard on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBrand strategist Nick Westergaard discusses his new book, Get Scrappy: Smarter Digital Marketing for Businesses Big and Small, and explains how big businesses and startups alike can get more for their marketing dollars by doing more with less.
Branding, Philanthropy, and Open Hearts: Actress Jane Seymour on Marketing Smarts [Video]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAward-winning actress, author, and philanthropist Jane Seymour shares lessons on branding, storytelling, and the importance of giving back in this special video edition of Marketing Smarts.
Tell Your Brand Story in Just Six Seconds: Bill Fasig on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneCan you tell your brand story in six seconds? Because that's all today's consumer will give you. Bill Fasig of TopRight Partners shares the consultancy's process for distilling a complex narrative into a six-second story.
You Don't Market, You Create Reactions: Jon Taffer of Spike TV's 'Bar Rescue' on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJon Taffer, host of Spike TV's "Bar Rescue," rocks Marketing Smarts, sharing insights about branding and promotion based on his 30 years of experience making bars and restaurants profitable.
From B2C and B2B to H2H (Human to Human): Bryan Kramer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneB2B and B2C marketers both need to create marketing communications that speak H2H (human to human). Social strategist and author Bryan Kramer shares a communication framework all marketers can use.
Brand Attachment: Larry Vincent Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneLarry Vincent, founder and executive director of The Brand Studio at United Talent Agency, discusses brand attachment, including how marketers can use it to predict buying behavior.
How to Make a Lasting Impression: 'Clarity Therapist' Steve Woodruff Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea Gorgone"Clarity therapist" Steve Woodruff explains how you can break through the noise, help people to understand your business, and ensure that they remember what you do so that they can connect you with potential customers.
Branding: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- From Storytelling to Story-Selling: How to Tell Customer-Centric StoriesBroadcast on 4/28/2016 with Bobby LehewIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore multiple methods for creating a compelling narrative—including the Monomytch method and the Narrative Wheel, an ancient technique developed by Native American storytellers. We'll cover Kurt Vonnegut's story shapes, and you'll learn how to brush off those stale mission and vision statements. You'll also learn how to rewind myths, retell history, and foretell the future by crafting customer-centric stories that cut through the noise and allow customers to speak for themselves.
- Amplify Your Marketing With Brand MetaphorsBroadcast on 3/17/2016 with Jeremy MillerIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to amplify your marketing using brand metaphors. We'll walk you through seven archetypal metaphors that span across countries, cultures, languages, and dialects. You'll also learn a step-by-step process to discovering your ideal brand metaphor and how to use it to engage and persuade your audience.
- Words That Stick: How to Make Your Brand GoogleableBroadcast on 8/6/2015 with Jeremy MillerIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain why you need simple clarity, how to achieve it, and most importantly, how to apply it to your brand to boost sales. You'll learn how to succinctly describe what makes your brand unique, and give your brand credibility by speaking about it with authority.
- MarketingProfs University: The Ultimate Recipe for a Great Brand StoryBroadcast on 6/11/2015 with Meg TrippIn this PRO seminar, we'll guide you through the brand storytelling tips, tools, and techniques you'll need to create something your audience can't resist—and that they won't get tired of sharing.
- How to Integrate Your Brand's Story Into Your Marketing ArsenalBroadcast on 2/5/2015 with Jennifer KaneIn this PRO seminar, we'll move beyond the hype of storytelling and share the essential components of all good stories. You'll receive hands-on, practical advice on what to do after your story is developed and how to strategically weave it into your content marketing plan. We'll also discuss best practices on how to publish and distribute your story to increase audience engagement and improve your ROI.
- MarketingProfs University: Building the Living, Breathing BrandBroadcast on 6/13/2013 with Tamsen WebsterThis PRO seminar will teach you how to make your brand work for you by going beyond taglines and slogans and giving it the eyes, ears, and legs it takes to become an integral part of your customers' lives.
- Brand Yourself: Busting the Nine-Second BarrierBroadcast on 3/14/2013 with KiKi L'ItalienThis PRO seminar will teach you how to establish a cohesive personal brand, have better personal relationships, and live the life you were meant to live.
- How to Become a Trusted Brand and Industry LeaderBroadcast on 1/17/2013 with John MorganIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to position your brand as a go-to authority in your industry. We'll discuss how to increase your visibility and explore the critical difference between marketing and branding (and how an understanding of that difference can help you).
- How to Hammer Your Brand Into the Minds of Your ConsumersBroadcast on 7/19/2012 with Laura RiesIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn about the ten types of visual hammers, why you need one, and how to find the perfect one for your brand.
- MarketingProfs University: Presentations That Resonate With Me! How to Persuade Any AudienceBroadcast on 11/18/2011 with Nancy DuarteJoin us for this special PRO seminar with Nancy Duarte and learn a new way of structuring a presentation and connecting with an audience.
Branding: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: DIY Public Relations in 15 Minutes a DayReleased on 7/8/2016 with Tom GimbelIn just 10 minutes, we'll share actionable public relations tactics to grow your brand. We'll teach you how to identify reporters and outlets that cover your area of expertise, along with how to introduce and position your company or spokesperson as the go-to source for reporters. You leave with tools and resources to secure media coverage—without relying on outside help.
- Take 10: Personal Branding Strategy—How to Get FamousReleased on 1/1/2016 with Jeremy MillerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to grow your personal brand by scaling your influence. We'll share steps on how to stand out online, engage your audience, and enhance your reputation. You'll learn how to grow your audience, and leverage content-creating habits that drive results.
- Take 10: How to Name Your BrandReleased on 9/4/2015 with Jeremy MillerIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss how to choose a brand name that resonates with your customers. We'll walk you through the four types of names and the elements that make them sticky, as well as teach you how to evaluate your company and product names against the competition.
- Take 10: Three Steps to Creating Elite Brand AmbassadorsReleased on 4/10/2015 with Robin SamoraIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to identify employees or subcontractors as a brand ambassadors who can represent your product, service, or brand. We'll discuss how to educate them on your company's unique story, company values, and how to help you attract new talent to keep your brand top of mind.
- Take 10: Three Critical Steps to Launching Your Audio BrandReleased on 4/25/2014 with Colleen FaheyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to identify your brand's key values and you'll discover how to turn these values into a musical vocabulary unique to your brand.
- Take 10: Striking The Balance Between Merchandising and Branding for Your Ecommerce WebsiteReleased on 6/7/2013 with Brent NiemuthIn just 10 minutes, learn how to appeal to basic human instincts and create an online experience that will delight anyone who visits your site while encouraging sales.
- Take 10: How to Build a Socially Savvy BrandReleased on 2/15/2013 with Heidi CohenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to define all aspects of your brand, from colors to images, sound, video, the tangible and intangible elements, and more.
- Take 10: Is Your Company Ready for Social Business?Released on 1/18/2013 with Daria SteigmanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn ten tips that will help you plan for your evolution into a social business by leveraging people, processes, and technology.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Turn Your Brand Into Eye Candy for Your ConsumersReleased on 6/1/2012 with Nick WestergaardIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to proactively prepare your brand for this social visual revolution and ensure that you have a sexy and cohesive brand image that's ready for consumption by your audience.
- Take 10: Four Ways to Monetize Local Daily DealsReleased on 5/18/2012 with Amy FowlerJust like everything else, there's a right way and a wrong way to add daily deals into your marketing mix. In just 10 minutes, you'll learn the right way to make daily deals lucrative for your business.
Branding: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Three Cs of Successful PositioningIn this 15-page guide, you'll learn how to research the three Cs, their importance, and their impact on the positioning process. Just as positioning is the foundation for successful marketing, understanding the three Cs is the foundation for a positioning strategy that will set you apart from your competitors.
- Mobile Marketing Success StoriesMobile marketing campaigns can be inexpensive, easy to execute, and very profitable. See how 8 B2B and 11 B2C companies are using SMS, mobile websites, mobile ads, Smartphone applications, and Bluetooth marketing to achieve huge results.
- Facebook Success StoriesWhen it comes to social networking sites, Facebook boasts the most loyal visitors on the Web. So it's easy to see why successful brands are embracing it as a platform to connect with customers. Facebook Success Stories gives you the real scoop on how 21 companies, including Adobe and Dunkin' Donuts, are pushing the social media marketing envelope using Facebook's tools and apps.
- Social Media ROI Success StoriesLearn how social media is changing the way we market to consumers and businesses, and how 11 companies are measuring and monitoring the success of their social media campaigns.
- Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelopePropel your email marketing efforts beyond the subject line. Read Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelope to learn how to convert your emails into money-making machines.
- Twitter Success Stories: How 11 Companies are Achieving Their Marketing Objectives—140 Characters at a TimeTwitter’s brief tweets let you communicate with friends and family. But did you know that those 140 characters can also build your business? Read Twitter Success Stories: How 11 companies are achieving their marketing objectives, 140 characters at a time.
- E-Newsletter How-To GuideThe e-newsletter has become ubiquitous. Almost a dime a dozen. How do you make yours not only stand out in the inbox, but make a positive impact on your bottom line? This guide will show you how.
- Branding and Brand EquityThere isn't a single marketing topic that has dominated the last decade of the field of marketing than Branding. And, although it's certain you have at the very least put your toe in the water of the great Branding Lake, you will get nothing but good advice, confirmation of your strategies and tactics, and probably even some new ideas from this Marketing Guide.