Branding: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Create Blockbuster YouTube Channel Success in Any Niche--No Matter How 'Boring'Ayelet WeiszHow can you develop a YouTube channel that stands out? It so happens that successful business channels have qualities in common that anyone can replicate. Do so, and you'll be ...
Five Ways to Make Your Brand More PowerfulSandra StewartEven when brand communications hit all the marks—they're clear, meaningful, and on message—they're often dull. That's an opportunity, though, for companies willing to show off their human side and maybe ...
The 10 Most Memorable Brand LogosAyaz NanjiConsumers in the United States and the United Kingdom say the logos of Nike, Apple, Coca-Cola, and McDonald’s are the most memorable, according to a recent report from Siegel + ...
35 Ways to Grow Your BrandIsadora BadiMarketers, looking for ways to take your brand to the next level? Here are 35 ideas and examples of brands that are doing it right.
How to Stand Tall in a Sea of Social ImagesSarah MatistaIt's no longer a secret that visual social posts receive more user attention than blocks of text do. Here's how to cut through the increasing visual clutter and get noticed ...
How to Brand Across Multiple Touchpoints [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiThe number of touchpoints has expanded with the rise of social media and e-commerce. Here's a look at how you can meet your customers on the ever-expanding digital landscape.
#SocialSkim: Facebook Signal Helps Journalists Find You, Plus More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadLearn about Facebook Signal (and how to get journalists interested in your content). Also: Facebook's 360° videos, how the Emmys did on social, Dropbox's new tools for teams, and Atlas, ...
How to Get Better Branded Content for Your Campaigns: Give Away More Creative ControlMatthew MyersFind creative partners you trust, get on the same page about the project, then let them do their thing. But before you hand over the keys to the kingdom, here ...
Jared and Subway: A Fall From Grace, or Why Brands Should Use Micro-Influencers to Build CredibilityInga JohnsonFor years, Jared Fogle has been synonymous with Subway. So, when scandal hits, brands suffer from such celebrity enmeshment. They should've used non-celebrity micro-influencers instead.
#SocialSkim: 30-Second Instagram Ads, Plus 10 More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadGet the score on Instagram's latest push for brand love, Facebook's new "Shop" section, and Snapchat's growing video dominance. Also, how a target audience can totally transform your content marketing ...
Branding: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Tell Your Brand Story in Just Six Seconds: Bill Fasig on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneCan you tell your brand story in six seconds? Because that's all today's consumer will give you. Bill Fasig of TopRight Partners shares the consultancy's process for distilling a complex narrative into a six-second story.
You Don't Market, You Create Reactions: Jon Taffer of Spike TV's 'Bar Rescue' on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJon Taffer, host of Spike TV's "Bar Rescue," rocks Marketing Smarts, sharing insights about branding and promotion based on his 30 years of experience making bars and restaurants profitable.
From B2C and B2B to H2H (Human to Human): Bryan Kramer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneB2B and B2C marketers both need to create marketing communications that speak H2H (human to human). Social strategist and author Bryan Kramer shares a communication framework all marketers can use.
Brand Attachment: Larry Vincent Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneLarry Vincent, founder and executive director of The Brand Studio at United Talent Agency, discusses brand attachment, including how marketers can use it to predict buying behavior.
How to Make a Lasting Impression: 'Clarity Therapist' Steve Woodruff Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea Gorgone"Clarity therapist" Steve Woodruff explains how you can break through the noise, help people to understand your business, and ensure that they remember what you do so that they can connect you with potential customers.
The Language of Brand Love: Loveworks Author Brian Sheehan Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Brian Sheehan discusses his latest book "Loveworks," the characteristics of beloved brands, and how you can create a "sensual experience" for your prospects and customers.
Entrepreneurial Spirit: The Founders of Barefoot Wine Talk to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Houlihan and Bonnie Harvey started Barefoot Wine in a laundry room and grew it into one of the top US wine brands. They talk about how their approach to selling wine disrupted the industry, and what others can learn ...
Tasteful Branding: Supermarket Superstar Chris Cornyn Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFood branding expert Chris Cornyn serves up marketing advice for would-be food entrepreneurs—including on the Lifetime reality series "Supermarket Superstars."
We Are Here to Persuade People: Michael Weiss of figure18 on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantMichael Weiss, managing director at figure18 and a veteran speaker, consultant, client advocate, and sales executive, has an interesting perspective on marketing and advertising, not to mention the role of the agency, in today's always-on, always-open business environment.
Reaching the Unreachable: Boston University's Dean Elmore on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBoston University's Dean of Students Kenn Elmore discusses BU's sometimes-pioneering use of social media, including for "reaching the unreachable." During our conversation, I asked him to explain what he meant by "the unreachable."
Branding: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Words That Stick: How to Make Your Brand GoogleableBroadcast on 8/6/2015 with Jeremy MillerIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain why you need simple clarity, how to achieve it, and most importantly, how to apply it to your brand to boost sales. You'll learn how to succinctly describe what makes your brand unique, and give your brand credibility by speaking about it with authority.
- MarketingProfs University: The Ultimate Recipe for a Great Brand StoryBroadcast on 6/11/2015 with Meg TrippIn this PRO seminar, we'll guide you through the brand storytelling tips, tools, and techniques you'll need to create something your audience can't resist—and that they won't get tired of sharing.
- How to Integrate Your Brand's Story Into Your Marketing ArsenalBroadcast on 2/5/2015 with Jennifer KaneIn this PRO seminar, we'll move beyond the hype of storytelling and share the essential components of all good stories. You'll receive hands-on, practical advice on what to do after your story is developed and how to strategically weave it into your content marketing plan. We'll also discuss best practices on how to publish and distribute your story to increase audience engagement and improve your ROI.
- MarketingProfs University: Building the Living, Breathing BrandBroadcast on 6/13/2013 with Tamsen WebsterThis PRO seminar will teach you how to make your brand work for you by going beyond taglines and slogans and giving it the eyes, ears, and legs it takes to become an integral part of your customers' lives.
- Brand Yourself: Busting the Nine-Second BarrierBroadcast on 3/14/2013 with KiKi L'ItalienThis PRO seminar will teach you how to establish a cohesive personal brand, have better personal relationships, and live the life you were meant to live.
- How to Become a Trusted Brand and Industry LeaderBroadcast on 1/17/2013 with John MorganIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to position your brand as a go-to authority in your industry. We'll discuss how to increase your visibility and explore the critical difference between marketing and branding (and how an understanding of that difference can help you).
- How to Hammer Your Brand Into the Minds of Your ConsumersBroadcast on 7/19/2012 with Laura RiesIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn about the ten types of visual hammers, why you need one, and how to find the perfect one for your brand.
- MarketingProfs University: Presentations That Resonate With Me! How to Persuade Any AudienceBroadcast on 11/18/2011 with Nancy DuarteJoin us for this special PRO seminar with Nancy Duarte and learn a new way of structuring a presentation and connecting with an audience.
- Seven Keys to a Successful BlogBroadcast on 4/28/2011 with Jennifer CisneyJoin us for this PRO seminar with Jennifer Cisney, Kodak's chief blogger, and learn the keys to blogging success. Based on best practices learned firsthand at Kodak—an early-adopter of social media, which launched its first brand blog in 2006—she'll cover how blogging and social media tactics can inform product improvements and brand experiences through real consumer interactions.
- microMARKETING: Get Big Results by Thinking and Acting SmallBroadcast on 8/12/2010 with Greg VerdinoGreg Verdino will help you understand why the Web is getting "smaller" every day; what this means for your business; and how to create a plan that emphasizes relationships over reach, interaction over interruption, social networking over broadcast networks and the right small things over big-budget media buys.
Branding: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Personal Branding Strategy—How to Get FamousReleased on 1/1/2016 with Jeremy MillerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to grow your personal brand by scaling your influence. We'll share steps on how to stand out online, engage your audience, and enhance your reputation. You'll learn how to grow your audience, and leverage content-creating habits that drive results.
- Take 10: How to Name Your BrandReleased on 9/4/2015 with Jeremy MillerIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss how to choose a brand name that resonates with your customers. We'll walk you through the four types of names and the elements that make them sticky, as well as teach you how to evaluate your company and product names against the competition.
- Take 10: Three Steps to Creating Elite Brand AmbassadorsReleased on 4/10/2015 with Robin SamoraIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to identify employees or subcontractors as a brand ambassadors who can represent your product, service, or brand. We'll discuss how to educate them on your company's unique story, company values, and how to help you attract new talent to keep your brand top of mind.
- Take 10: Three Critical Steps to Launching Your Audio BrandReleased on 4/25/2014 with Colleen FaheyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to identify your brand's key values and you'll discover how to turn these values into a musical vocabulary unique to your brand.
- Take 10: Striking The Balance Between Merchandising and Branding for Your Ecommerce WebsiteReleased on 6/7/2013 with Brent NiemuthIn just 10 minutes, learn how to appeal to basic human instincts and create an online experience that will delight anyone who visits your site while encouraging sales.
- Take 10: How to Build a Socially Savvy BrandReleased on 2/15/2013 with Heidi CohenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to define all aspects of your brand, from colors to images, sound, video, the tangible and intangible elements, and more.
- Take 10: Is Your Company Ready for Social Business?Released on 1/18/2013 with Daria SteigmanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn ten tips that will help you plan for your evolution into a social business by leveraging people, processes, and technology.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Turn Your Brand Into Eye Candy for Your ConsumersReleased on 6/1/2012 with Nick WestergaardIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to proactively prepare your brand for this social visual revolution and ensure that you have a sexy and cohesive brand image that's ready for consumption by your audience.
- Take 10: Four Ways to Monetize Local Daily DealsReleased on 5/18/2012 with Amy FowlerJust like everything else, there's a right way and a wrong way to add daily deals into your marketing mix. In just 10 minutes, you'll learn the right way to make daily deals lucrative for your business.
- Take 10: How to Effectively Use Traditional Marketing in the Digital AgeReleased on 4/6/2012 with Elaine FogelIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how you can use traditional marketing (print advertising, direct mail, etc.) as the perfect complement to your digital marketing strategy.
Branding: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Three Cs of Successful PositioningIn this 15-page guide, you'll learn how to research the three Cs, their importance, and their impact on the positioning process. Just as positioning is the foundation for successful marketing, understanding the three Cs is the foundation for a positioning strategy that will set you apart from your competitors.
- Mobile Marketing Success StoriesMobile marketing campaigns can be inexpensive, easy to execute, and very profitable. See how 8 B2B and 11 B2C companies are using SMS, mobile websites, mobile ads, Smartphone applications, and Bluetooth marketing to achieve huge results.
- Facebook Success StoriesWhen it comes to social networking sites, Facebook boasts the most loyal visitors on the Web. So it's easy to see why successful brands are embracing it as a platform to connect with customers. Facebook Success Stories gives you the real scoop on how 21 companies, including Adobe and Dunkin' Donuts, are pushing the social media marketing envelope using Facebook's tools and apps.
- Social Media ROI Success StoriesLearn how social media is changing the way we market to consumers and businesses, and how 11 companies are measuring and monitoring the success of their social media campaigns.
- Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelopePropel your email marketing efforts beyond the subject line. Read Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelope to learn how to convert your emails into money-making machines.
- Twitter Success Stories: How 11 Companies are Achieving Their Marketing Objectives—140 Characters at a TimeTwitter’s brief tweets let you communicate with friends and family. But did you know that those 140 characters can also build your business? Read Twitter Success Stories: How 11 companies are achieving their marketing objectives, 140 characters at a time.
- E-Newsletter How-To GuideThe e-newsletter has become ubiquitous. Almost a dime a dozen. How do you make yours not only stand out in the inbox, but make a positive impact on your bottom line? This guide will show you how.
- Branding and Brand EquityThere isn't a single marketing topic that has dominated the last decade of the field of marketing than Branding. And, although it's certain you have at the very least put your toe in the water of the great Branding Lake, you will get nothing but good advice, confirmation of your strategies and tactics, and probably even some new ideas from this Marketing Guide.