Customer Relationships: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
#SocialSkim: Amazon Launchpad for Startups, Plus 13 More Stories in This Weeks RoundupAngela NatividadLearn about Amazon's support for startups launching products. Also: Yahoo Livetext, managing relationships with short-form content creators, and the socnet growing the fastest. And is Twitter really cracking down on ...
How Marketing Can Contribute to Revenue Generation [Infographic]Glenn GowThese days, many business buyers have already made a decision about what they're going to buy even before talking to a vendor. Sales needs to adapt to be on an ...
How Businesses Choose and Use CRM SoftwareAyaz NanjiThe most important factors that influence the purchase of customer relationship management (CRM) software are functionality and ease of use, according to a recent report from Capterra.
Marketing Mean Tweets: B2B Forum Speakers Read Aloud Some Seriously Snarky TweetsRob ZaleskiPlaying off the wildly popular Mean Tweets segment from The Jimmy Kimmel Show, we pulled together a handful of B2B Marketing Forum speakers to read mean tweets about marketing, marketers, ...
How Successful Companies Engage Customers During the New-Product Development ProcessMark ChinnToday's brands engage customers daily through social and digital channels. We recently researched how successful companies use those ongoing conversations to shape their new-product development process.
How to Supercharge Your Marketing With Visual Storytelling [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiPeople love visuals and stories, so combine both in visual storytelling and watch your content's reach and conversion multiply. Here are 14 tips to inspire your visual storytelling.
The Biggest Hurdle to Reaching Hispanics Isn't Language, It's MobileYuriy Boykiv, Rob DouglasHere's how you can reach Hispanic consumers, who are far less likely to access the Internet from a desktop computer, but more likely to own and use a smartphone, than ...
The Three Keys to Mastering Marketing in Today's Noisy MarketplaceLinda PopkyToday's marketing environment is noisy and crowded. We have so many new techniques to promote our products and services that the chaos and clutter are getting worse. How do you ...
Thank You for Subscribing: How to Optimize Your Welcome Emails [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiCongratulations, you have new subscribers! Now make the most of this opportunity by sending a welcome email to them.
Invite Your Friends! Three Best-Practices for a Successful Referral ProgramMatt KatesBrands looking to launch referral programs or fine-tune their current efforts must embrace best-practices that help guide audiences through three distinct phases of engagement.
Customer Relationships: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Go Beyond Just Telling Your Brand Story: Christian Lachel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChristian Lachel shares his secrets to building lasting customer relationships through emotionally evocative brand experiences that increase loyalty and drive revenue. He and his team at BRC Imagination Arts have created some of the world's most memorable brand experiences.
True Blue Customer Devotion: JetBlue's Marty St. George on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJetBlue's executive vice-president of commercial and planning, Marty St. George, shares the secrets to the airline's success in using social media for customer service.
How Happy Employees Make for Better Marketing: Chris Reimer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris Reimer, social media strategist and author of the book Happywork, talks about the profit potential in positivity—and why managers should care whether their workers are happy.
Use Data, Experiences to Create Lifetime Customers: Sitecore's Lars Petersen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneLars Birkholm Petersen, author and global director of business optimization services at Sitecore, explains how brands can use data to create connected customer experiences across channels. He shares insights from the book Connect: How to Use Data and Experience Marketing ...
Turn Customers Into Zombie Loyalists: Peter Shankman Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor and entrepreneur Peter Shankman discusses his book, Zombie Loyalists, and the surprisingly simple approach that turns customers into loyal, passionate brand advocates.
Making Connections in B2B Marketing: Uthpala Kumara Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAviation and hospitality industry marketer Uthpala Kumara of JKCS offers insights into building relationships in B2B industries with long, complex buying cycles.
Brand Attachment: Larry Vincent Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneLarry Vincent, founder and executive director of The Brand Studio at United Talent Agency, discusses brand attachment, including how marketers can use it to predict buying behavior.
The Digital Crown: Author Ahava Leibtag Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneContent strategy expert and author Ahava Leibtag shares practical tips for helping your organization develop a content marketing strategy.
The Trouble With Half-Truths: 'Spin Sucks' Author Gini Dietrich Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNoted communication professional, speaker, and "Spin Sucks" author Gini Dietrich explains how lying or "spinning" damages brands in the long run, and how to take an ethical approach to PR that drives positive business results.
Social Selling and the Modern Buyer: Jill Rowley Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJill Rowley issues a clarion call for salespeople to embrace social selling, or risk losing out as modern buyers increasingly direct their own journey.
Customer Relationships: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Single Customer View: The Missing Link to Cross-Channel SuccessBroadcast on 6/30/2015 with Martin Gilliard, Matt TipperreiterJoin us for this free seminar to learn how to build a single customer view. You'll discover why understanding your customers' behavior across channels—and linking that understanding at an individual level—is core to the success of any cross-channel marketing strategy. Sponsored by Experian Marketing Services
- Capturing Customers: How to Transition From Product Promoters to Trusted AdvisersBroadcast on 6/18/2015 with Carla JohnsonIn this PRO seminar, we'll talk about why marketers need to change their approach to capture and keep buyer attention. You'll learn how to transition your marketing from being product-centered into thought leadership centered, and ultimately, how to establish yourself as a trusted adviser within your industry. We'll also share the tactics that the best B2B brands are using to do exactly this.
- How to Build a Thriving Brand CommunityBroadcast on 11/20/2014 with Dorothéa Bozicolona-VolpeIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the essential components for building and maintaining an online community, and how to get buy-in from your organization to get started.
- H2H: Learn to Speak Human, Share Human, and Market HumanBroadcast on 10/23/2014 with Bryan KramerIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore why and how marketing communications need to be adjusted to exude the same simplicity, empathy, and imperfection that exist in human nature. We'll uncover why so many marketers struggle to truly connect with people via social media, and provide you with tips to really connect with people on a human level.
- The Art of Retention: How to Create Customers for LifeBroadcast on 7/17/2014 with John MorganIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to implement key strategies that will increase brand loyalty with your current customer base, so you don't have to constantly chase down new prospects. You'll walk away with an action plan to ensure your customers look forward to doing business with you again.
- MarketingProfs University: Talk Savvy—Smart Communication for a Social WorldBroadcast on 6/12/2014 with Amber NaslundIn this PRO seminar, you'll get an insider's look at what's changed, find out what truly great online communication looks and feels like, and learn how to ensure you're "talk savvy" in today's constantly shifting social web.
- 10 Skills Every Marketer Needs to Enhance the Customer ExperienceBroadcast on 6/5/2014 with Larry Weber, Lisa Leslie HendersonIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how customer experience leaders are using an expanded marketing toolkit to build a competitive advantage, one interaction at a time. You'll walk away with 10 skills that will help you provide a game-changing customer experience including analytics, marketing automation, website personalization, private and public social community building, and more.
- The Audience ImperativeBroadcast on 11/14/2013 with Jeffrey K. RohrsThis PRO seminar will give you a clear understanding of the principles of proprietary audience development and a leg up on the competition who remain wholly dependent on renting audiences from others.
- Social Success: Tips for Integrating Social Media Into Your Marketing MixBroadcast on 11/7/2013 with Harry GoldThis PRO seminar will walk you through the practical steps you need to take to truly integrate social media into your marketing mix.
- Take on the World: Compete Globally with Customer Experience ManagementBroadcast on 10/17/2013 with Liz HighThis PRO seminar is not just relevant for the global marketer, as you'll also learn how customer experience innovation in one market propels a company's competitiveness and growth across the globe.
Customer Relationships: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Digital Marketing Is a Circle of TrustReleased on 6/12/2015 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create utility content—content that serves a purpose or solves a problem—and how this helps drive qualified traffic. In addition, we'll share insight on paid, owned, and earned media, how to use it to keep you in the circle of trust, and how to make it work to your advantage.
- Take 10: Five Tips to Create Successful Nurture CampaignsReleased on 3/27/2015 with Cyndi W. GreenglassIn just 10 minutes, we'll provide you with five key tips on how to create successful nurture campaigns. You'll learn how to develop and engage your prospects in an ongoing conversation that's proven to increase your conversion rates over time, and in a way that's easily measurable.
- Take 10: Customer Engagement—How to Turn a Negative Into a PositiveReleased on 10/24/2014 with Jeannie WaltersIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to handle customer experience mishaps with finesse. You'll also learn how to create a greater level of brand trust and loyalty despite the customer issue, and ultimately, how to turn an unhappy customer into a loyal one.
- Take 10: Get Personal—How to Make a Physical Connection in a Digital WorldReleased on 9/12/2014 with Brian BlakeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to reach through the screen and touch your digital audience. These tactical tips will teach you how to create a long-lasting impression that truly counts and impacts your business.
- Take 10: Three Simple Steps to Identify Your Buyer PersonasReleased on 3/28/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, we'll take a look at some fun and effective ways to gain a deeper understanding of your audience (a.k.a. your "buyer personas"), and together, we will learn how to develop yours!
- Take 10: Three Ingredients That Turn Engagement Into Measurable Business ResultsReleased on 11/22/2013 with Rachel HappeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to build a successful engagement strategy that will help shape your business and bring in the results you need.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Build a Trusted BrandReleased on 5/10/2013 with John MorganIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn six tips that will help you become a trusted brand with loyal customers!
- Take 10: How to Motivate Your Customers to Take ActionReleased on 3/15/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to communicate best with your customers and motivate them to take action.
- Take 10: How to Create a Customer Advocate ProgramReleased on 10/19/2012 with Michael BritoIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create customer advocates and how to leverage them in a way that will help your bottom line!
- Take 10: How to Convince People to Take Action for Your CauseReleased on 3/30/2012 with Katya AndresenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to make your cause stand out by making it relatable; compelling donors to take action.
Customer Relationships: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Influencer Marketing Success StoriesInfluencer Marketing Success Stories features 13 companies that have leveraged the influence of outspoken opinion-makers and ordinary online reviewers to achieve their marketing objectives. With examples including Forbes Digital and Virgin America, this new Case Study Collection will show you how use influencer to boost brand awareness, introduce new products, increase sales, and more.
- Mobile Marketing Success StoriesMobile marketing campaigns can be inexpensive, easy to execute, and very profitable. See how 8 B2B and 11 B2C companies are using SMS, mobile websites, mobile ads, Smartphone applications, and Bluetooth marketing to achieve huge results.
- Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelopePropel your email marketing efforts beyond the subject line. Read Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelope to learn how to convert your emails into money-making machines.