Customer Engagement: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
#SocialSkim: Facebook at Work, Twitter Syndication Ads, the Latest Social Slang, More!Angela NatividadLearn about Facebook's plans to elevate Amber Alerts and colonize your work life, Twitter's newest ad strategy, and brands that are using the latest (and weirdest) slang. Skim to get ...
Selfies for SMBs' Marketing Strategies (Not Just for Teens and Celebrities)Noelle FedericoWith the right planning and strategy, a selfie business campaign can be a great way to engage and connect both current and potential users and customers with your brand and ...
How Marketing and Customer Service Approach Customer Engagement [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiWant to find out more about how marketing and customer service teams contribute to the customer experience? Check out the following infographic.
Five Ways to Turn New Holiday Customers Into Loyal, Year-Round PatronsTom CaporasoThere's no off-season in retail marketing, especially online—where, if you're not moving forward, you're automatically falling behind.
A Handy Guide to Using Quizzes in Your Content MarketingJosh HaynamAfter helping 2,000 brands create online quizzes, I crunched the numbers to determine which quizzes generate great response and traffic. Here are my insider secrets for creating quizzes that get ...
#SocialSkim: Berlin Wall Video, Facebook and Instagram Updates, YouTube's New StrategyAngela NatividadThis week, we give you Airbnb's Berlin Wall video, the latest updates to Facebook and Instagram, YouTube's latest strategy, which socnet is best for qualified leads (spoiler: It’s not Facebook), ...
How Well Do B2B Marketers Understand Their Customers?Ayaz NanjiSome 80% of B2B marketers say they can gauge which customers are their most valuable, and 64% say they understand customers' past purchase behaviors, according to a recent report from ...
Double Your Pinterest Followers in Just Five Minutes per Day [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiSome 47% of online shoppers in the US have made purchases based on Pinterest recommendations. How can you boost the number of online shoppers looking at your Pinterest boards?
Always-On Marketing to the Always Connected: Five Ways to Tap Into Your Customers' ThinkingMark PensonSmartphones and tablets are changing our lives. We've never been more connected... and never has it been easier for us to share our thoughts, feelings, and opinions—or for marketers to ...
Five Deadly Email Platform Migration Mistakes to AvoidAnthony MarnellCongrats, you're sending more email than ever, so it's time to consider a new email service provider. But migrating to a new platform can be tricky, and because email is ...
Customer Engagement: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
QR Codes Kill Kittens: Author Scott Stratten Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneScott Stratten's expressed his frustration with QR codes in no uncertain terms. His most recent book—QR Codes Kill Kittens—provides example after example of poorly executed marketing concepts that will make you want to laugh and cry at the same time.
Think Like a Rock Star: Author Mack Collier Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Mack Collier talks to Marketing Smarts about his book Think Like a Rock Star and the ways companies can meaningfully connect with their best customers (and biggest fans).
What's the Future of Business? Author Brian Solis Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneProviding the best product won't be enough to carry your business into the future: You need to create experiences your customers want to share. Author Brian Solis discusses the need for innovative leadership, the new generation of consumerism, and his ...
Rethink Your Audience: Author and Digital Strategist Sam Ford on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThough living in a new era of participatory media, our notions of what constitutes an audience and what audiences actually do has not changed much since the broadcast era—and that's a problem, argues Sam Ford.
A Passion for People: Intel's Ekaterina Walter Talks Entrepreneurial Success on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"All of us want to belong, and all of us really want to make an impact, and some of us... we invent Facebook," Ekaterina Walter, social media strategist at Intel and author of Think Like Zuck told me during this ...
Smart Marketers Road Show Rundown With Jeff Mayersohn and Lou Imbriano [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThe final stop of the MarketingProfs Smart Marketers Tour was the beautiful deCordova Museum in Lincoln, MA, on July 10, and it was our best-attended. Our guests were Jeff Mayersohn, owner of the Harvard Bookstore in Harvard Square, Cambridge, and ...
Have You Sat Down with Your Customer Lately? Patrick Schaber and Joe Sorge on Marketing Smartsby Matthew GrantWhether you are selling complex technical systems or burgers with fried pickles on them—like my guests in this week's Marketing Smarts—you need to understand your customers and interact with them face-to-face.
Marketing Is Habit-Forming: Charles Duhigg Talks About the Power of Habit on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"During major life changes, our habits are up for grabs," Charles Duhigg says in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts. But when companies gather customer data to shape future buying habits, are they helping customers or helping themselves?
Customer Engagement: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- User-Generated Content: A Content Dream vs. a Rights Management NightmareBroadcast on 1/6/2015 with Dan Kimball, Ann Handley, Debbie RosenbaumJoin us for this free seminar to learn about the legal and moral risks of user-generated content (UGC), including the best way to secure permission long-term. We'll explore the latest trends in marketing with UGC, and look at how three brands are using it successfully. Sponsored by Thismoment
- How to Build a Thriving Brand CommunityBroadcast on 11/20/2014 with Dorothéa Bozicolona-VolpeIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the essential components for building and maintaining an online community, and how to get buy-in from your organization to get started.
- 10 Skills Every Marketer Needs to Enhance the Customer ExperienceBroadcast on 6/5/2014 with Larry Weber, Lisa Leslie HendersonIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how customer experience leaders are using an expanded marketing toolkit to build a competitive advantage, one interaction at a time. You'll walk away with 10 skills that will help you provide a game-changing customer experience including analytics, marketing automation, website personalization, private and public social community building, and more.
- Transform Your Business to Be the Most Highly Recommended Brand in Your CategoryBroadcast on 3/27/2014 with Paul RandIn this PRO seminar, one of the pioneers of word-of-mouth marketing will share best practices and real-world examples showing how you can become the most highly recommended brand, and gain a competitive edge.
- Social Success: Tips for Integrating Social Media Into Your Marketing MixBroadcast on 11/7/2013 with Harry GoldThis PRO seminar will walk you through the practical steps you need to take to truly integrate social media into your marketing mix.
- Take on the World: Compete Globally with Customer Experience ManagementBroadcast on 10/17/2013 with Liz HighThis PRO seminar is not just relevant for the global marketer, as you'll also learn how customer experience innovation in one market propels a company's competitiveness and growth across the globe.
- MarketingProfs University: Seven Ways to Revive Your Marketing Strategy with Social MediaBroadcast on 10/10/2013 with Connie BensenThis PRO seminar will illuminate the potential business return of social engagement and outline content marketing best practices. You'll hear success stories that will inspire you to take steps to successfully integrate social media marketing into your larger business strategy.
- How to Create a Monster Fan BaseBroadcast on 4/25/2013 with Jackie HubaThis PRO seminar will share seven of Lady Gaga's success lessons that can be applied to any brand. Be sure to tune in, and learn how to build a strong and loyal base!
- MarketingProfs University: The Expanding Facebook UniverseBroadcast on 4/11/2013 with Jeff BullasIn this PRO seminar, we will look at what Facebook means to the modern marketer, given its central role on an increasingly social Web.
- Sharing is CaringBroadcast on 4/11/2013 with Stephanie FilerIn this free MPU class from our MarketingProfs University course, Cracking the Facebook Code, you'll see examples of how Facebook can be used to attract and engage clients and learn how Facebook can be a powerful tool for non-profits and for-profits alike.
Customer Engagement: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Five Scannable Hot Spots in Your Copy That Boost ResponseReleased on 11/7/2014 with Donna Baier SteinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to highlight the key selling points and calls to action by strategically placing them in the five hot spots your readers' eyes gravitate to. You'll walk away with tips on how to develop more persuasive and effective copy that is organized in a way that will encourage response.
- Take 10: How to Ensure Your Target Audience Views Your ContentReleased on 3/7/2014 with Ran GishriIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the most effective means for content distribution and viewing, allowing you to enjoy higher returns on your content creation spend.
- Take 10: Three Principles That Will Increase Your Email Marketing ConversionsReleased on 2/28/2014 with Kath PayIn just 10 minutes, you'll discover strategies you can implement immediately to make a noticeable difference in the success of your email marketing campaigns.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Get More Traffic from PinterestReleased on 1/17/2014 with Beth HaydenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three effective Pinterest traffic-boosting tips that will make your site more enticing, increase your site traffic, and potentially increase your sales, too.
- Take 10: Three Ingredients That Turn Engagement Into Measurable Business ResultsReleased on 11/22/2013 with Rachel HappeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to build a successful engagement strategy that will help shape your business and bring in the results you need.
- Take 10: What's in it for Them? Crafting a Compelling Value PropositionReleased on 10/18/2013 with Corey EastmanIn just 10 minutes you'll learn how to identify who your ideal customer really is, and what your unique value proposition should be in order to achieve product-market fit.
- Take 10: Using Social Media to Get More Out of Your Tradeshow InvestmentReleased on 7/12/2013 with Traci BrowneIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn effective ways to integrate social media into your tradeshow efforts.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Build a Trusted BrandReleased on 5/10/2013 with John MorganIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn six tips that will help you become a trusted brand with loyal customers!
- Take 10: How to Create a Customer Advocate ProgramReleased on 10/19/2012 with Michael BritoIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create customer advocates and how to leverage them in a way that will help your bottom line!
- Take 10 Video Series: Five Ways to Step Up Your Twitter GameReleased on 8/31/2012 with Megan BerryLearn five easy-to-implement steps that will help you improve your Twitter presence faster than you can type and schedule your next 140-character tweet.
Customer Engagement: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- A Quick Guide to YouTube & Creating Your Own YouTube ChannelYouTube is an easy-to-use and inexpensive media platform with a gigantic reach. Learn how you can use YouTube to create awareness for your brand and connect with interested views with "A Quick Guide to YouTube & Creating Your Own YouTube Channel".
- Influencer Marketing Success StoriesInfluencer Marketing Success Stories features 13 companies that have leveraged the influence of outspoken opinion-makers and ordinary online reviewers to achieve their marketing objectives. With examples including Forbes Digital and Virgin America, this new Case Study Collection will show you how use influencer to boost brand awareness, introduce new products, increase sales, and more.
- Social Media Integration Success StoriesTwitter. Facebook. LinkedIn. While these social media tools are all effective on their own, they work best when part of other marketing programs. See how 10 companies have maximized results by integrating social media into traditional marketing efforts.
- Website Conversion Success StoriesMany marketers spend too much time and money trying to get people to visit their sites, and not enough boosting the number of sales from the people already visiting. See how 11 companies, including Jelly Belly Candy Company and Kinaxis, are transforming their landing pages, and get great ideas for optimizing your own site to increase sales.
- Facebook Success StoriesWhen it comes to social networking sites, Facebook boasts the most loyal visitors on the Web. So it's easy to see why successful brands are embracing it as a platform to connect with customers. Facebook Success Stories gives you the real scoop on how 21 companies, including Adobe and Dunkin' Donuts, are pushing the social media marketing envelope using Facebook's tools and apps.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- Twitter Success Stories: How 11 Companies are Achieving Their Marketing Objectives—140 Characters at a TimeTwitter’s brief tweets let you communicate with friends and family. But did you know that those 140 characters can also build your business? Read Twitter Success Stories: How 11 companies are achieving their marketing objectives, 140 characters at a time.