Creativity: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Wherefore Art Thou, J. Peterman? The Quest for Social EngagementDilip VenkatachariJ. Peterman is a brand with far more personality than most. However, somehow, it got lost along the winding road to the social Web, and it's a tragedy that's costing ...
8 Do's and 5 Don'ts of Instagram for Building Your BrandAdrienne ErinThough some forward-thinking businesses are already using Instagram, chances are you aren't yet, and neither are your competitors. With its universal appeal, however, Instagram is not a medium marketers should ...
Dissecting Internet Memes: The Most Viral Memes of 2012 [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiHave you seen a recurring online image? Does the image make you laugh or groan? If so, you've likely spotted an internet meme. MDG Advertising studied the most viral memes ...
How (and Why) to ID and Duck Wimpy Web Writers: 18 Telltale SignsBarry FeldmanContent is the treasure trove that connects customers to companies now. And where there's gold, you're bound to find miners. The problem is that far too many will be swinging ...
The B2B Marketer's Guide to SXSW [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiOn March 8, 2013, SXSW will start rocking Austin with more than 1,000 conference sessions and 580 booths at its Interactive Festival alone. To help B2B marketers hit the places ...
Vine for Events, Social Business Leadership, Pinterest Secret Boards... The Week in Social Media #SocialSkimAngela NatividadFind out how Twitter's getting into e-commerce and why Vine may unseat Instagram as the go-to app for live events. Learn how to use Vine for campaigning, how to maximize ...
Seven Steps for Creating a Great InfographicDo you wonder what an infographic is, exactly? Or how to create one? The Infographiclabs team gets these questions all the time. And they decided—very appropriately—to explain the infographic basics ...
Six Steps to Developing Creative Executions EfficientlyAdam GarsonHowever efficient your organization's processes may be, you're almost certainly experiencing endless rounds of revisions in the development of creative—ads, graphics, emails, press releases... Follow these rules to stop the ...
Using Subject-Line Symbols to Get Noticed"In sports, the best coaches find hidden talent to help propel their teams," writes Greg Zakowicz at the Bronto blog. "In email marketing, that means finding underused tactics." A perfect example of a ...
How Marketers and Designers Can Work Together More EfficientlyAdria SaracinoMarketing folks and designers have the same goal: well-designed sites and well-executed campaigns that convert viewers into customers. But getting to that goal can be challenging. Start by understanding the ...
Creativity: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Work Hard and Be Amazed: C.C. Chapman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantC.C. Chapman, co-author of Content Rules, has a new book out, Amazing Things Will Happen, which is a collection of short pieces, lessons, and observations intended for "anybody out there," C.C. says, "who may be stuck in a rut or ...
No Pain, No Gain: Jonah Lehrer Discusses Debate, Dissent, and Creativity on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantOne of the rules of traditional brainstorming is... "Don't criticize anyone's ideas." But does that work? "Criticism is really good for the imagination," Jonah Lehrer explains in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts.
Influencing the Influencers... With a Glock: Paul Barrett Talks About America's Gun on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn the early '90s, more than a quarter million Glocks (a semiautomatic pistol) had been sold in the US. Marketers can learn a lot from the runaway success of this handgun, as Bloomberg Businessweek's Paul Barrett told us in this ...
Creativity: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- MarketingProfs University: The Daring Brand's Guide to Creating Content Worth SharingBroadcast on 12/6/2012 with Ann HandleyIn this PRO seminar, MarketingProfs chief content officer and Content Rules co-author Ann Handley will share her philosophy about what brands like yours need to do to fully embrace content marketing to create content worth sharing.
- Six Steps to Creative Problem SolvingBroadcast on 5/24/2012 with Alicia ArnoldIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn techniques for generating more quality ideas in a shorter amount of time and how to use creative thinking to tackle your organization's toughest challenges by leveraging the scientifically proven, globally tested, six-step Osborn-Parnes Creative Problem Solving process (CPS).
- MarketingProfs University: Winning the Video RevolutionBroadcast on 10/13/2011 with Steve StockmanDuring this PRO seminar you'll learn how to rethink your approach to video and create videos that don't suck. Uncover the 10 critical elements of an effective video, including why audiences watch videos and how to make your story a success.
- Subject Lines: The Hidden Impact on Email Subscriber BehaviorBroadcast on 8/18/2011 with Dela QuistUncover the keys to developing a successful subject line strategy that focuses subscriber behavior over time during this PRO seminar. Learn why open rate alone doesn't indicate success.
- Winning with Speed: 4 Ways Speed Can Topple the Goliath in Your IndustryBroadcast on 6/23/2011 with Stephen DennyAuthor and consultant Stephen Denny discusses how speed can be used as a weapon to beat your competition in this insightful PRO seminar. Learn how creating a speed culture can not only help you move faster, but push you to make better decisions and pull forward revenue.
- MarketingProfs University: How to Become a Content JuggernautBroadcast on 6/16/2011 with Mitch JoelLearn how to write effectively for the social Web—to get attention, invite interaction, and encourage sharing. Join Mitch Joel as he provides practical advice on producing a variety of social content, plus inspiration to help you achieve more with your writing, both personally and professionally.
- The NOW Revolution: Make Your Business Faster, Smarter & More SocialBroadcast on 3/24/2011 with Jay Baer, Amber NaslundIn this session, social strategists and authors, Jay Baer and Amber Naslund, will explain the key changes companies are making to succeed—and thrive—in a world where five minutes feels like an eternity.
- Content Development for the Real WorldBroadcast on 7/22/2010 with Kristina HalvorsonContent strategies can cause some of the biggest pain points for our organizations and projects. In this session, you'll discover several ways you can start taking advantage of content strategy's core tools and processes right now to see immediate, measurable results.
- What Matters Next: Doing Business in 2010, with Seth & GuyBroadcast on 1/7/2010 with Seth Godin, Guy KawasakiTwo of the most prolific and admired marketing minds of our time talk about what should be on your radar for 2010.
- Love or Marketing? How Word-of-Mouth Will Save Your BrandBroadcast on 11/6/2009 with Andy SernovitzDon't rely on luck and a prayer to spread word about your brand. Have a plan.
Creativity: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Use Mindmapping to Cure Writer's BlockReleased on 12/14/2012 with Daphne Gray-GrantIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn what mindmapping is, tactical tips for implementing it yourself, and how it can help you get back to writing killer content in no time.
- Take 10: Ten Tips to Make Writing More FunReleased on 11/2/2012 with Daphne Gray-GrantIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to combat writer's block and enjoy writing great content!
- Take 10: Five Tips to Help You Get OrganizedReleased on 9/7/2012 with Jill DuffyGet back on track with five organizational tips you can put into place right away to help increase your productivity (and that means more success, more revenue!)
- Take 10: A Recipe for Success—7 Content Marketing Tips from The Best Chefs in the BizReleased on 5/11/2012 with Verónica Maria JarskiIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn seven easily digestible and tactical tips taken from some of the top chefs in the biz. Paired with your handy Take 10 checklist, these tips will allow you to tackle your content marketing challenges with no reservations.
- Take 10: How to Write Vivid, Engaging CopyReleased on 1/6/2012 with Paul GillinIn just 10 minutes, learn how to purge your writing of the everyday and replace it with the awe-inspiring.
- Take 10: How to Generate Big Ideas in Small, Easy StepsReleased on 12/2/2011 with Alicia ArnoldThe "forced connections" approach requires you to think of relations between two unrelated concepts in order to generate new ideas. In just 10 minutes, learn how to use this exercise in the problem-solving process. Along the way, you will see how posing questions about the problem at hand can help you find a solution.
- Take 10: How to Stop Multitasking and Become More ProductiveReleased on 10/7/2011 with Paul BurtonIn this Take 10, productivity expert Paul Burton suggests three worklife-changing practices that will help you evade the saboteurs of productivity.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Fascinate People with 7 Key TriggersReleased on 9/30/2011 with Sally HogsheadIn this Take 10 Author Series webcast, Sally Hogshead explains how people and brands become fascinating. She discusses how to capitalize on your competitive advantage and identify your most fascinating trait.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Win Big with Content MarketingReleased on 9/23/2011 with David Meerman ScottIn this Take 10 Author Series webcast, David Meerman Scott explores the implications of the "You are what you publish" mantra, then offers advice on producing good content on a regular basis.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Present Ideas That Inspire ChangeReleased on 9/16/2011 with Nancy DuarteIn this Take 10, author and presentation expert Nancy Duarte shares her insights into what makes an engaging presentation and offers ideas for harnessing the power of possibilities in your presentation.
Creativity: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Facebook Success StoriesWhen it comes to social networking sites, Facebook boasts the most loyal visitors on the Web. So it's easy to see why successful brands are embracing it as a platform to connect with customers. Facebook Success Stories gives you the real scoop on how 21 companies, including Adobe and Dunkin' Donuts, are pushing the social media marketing envelope using Facebook's tools and apps.