Google in the Real World: How Links Boost Your Ranking
- Stephan Spencer
- Roy Young
- Thu., Nov. 10, 2005, 12pm ET (9am PT)
- 90 minutes
Links are the currency of the search engines. Without good inbound links to your web site, your search engine optimization (SEO) efforts will be in vain.
Link building is arguably the most difficult, most misunderstood, and most poorly executed aspect to SEO. Join SEO and link-building expert Stephan Spencer as he guides us through the quagmire and shows us the way to great search engine rankings.
Note: You might also be interested in more current SEO seminars that Stephan Spencer presented for MarketingProfs, such as Getting Google to Love Your Website... Again.
Stephan Spencer is founder and President at Netconcepts (www.netconcepts.com), a 9-year-old, multi-national interactive agency specializing in search engine optimization, web redesign, usability, e-commerce, website auditing and email marketing. Clients include Verizon, REI, Gorton's, Cabela's, InfoSpace, The Sharper Image, Wella, Northern Tool, Sara Lee Direct, Midwest Airlines, Guild.com, and MP3.com. He has contributed to magazines such as Catalog Age, Unlimited, Building Online Business, and NZ Marketing. Stephan is a frequent speaker on Internet marketing topics for organizations such as the DMA, the AMA, Internet World, and IIR.
Who Should Attend?
Marketing professionals at all levels in all industries.
What Will You Learn?
- Google's PageRank scores: red herring or useful metric?
- What makes a link valuable or not
- Creative strategies for building link-worthy content
- What works when approaching webmasters with link requests
- Pitfalls to avoid if buying or bartering links
- The phenomenon of Google bombing and making it work in your favor
- The role of authorities, hubs, and topical relevance
- How to leverage blogs and the blogosphere for link building
- To get your content successfully syndicated onto other web sites with RSS
- How to capture the link gain (PageRank) of your affiliates and your advertising
You have two choices. You can pay as you go, buying single sessions that interest you. Or you can buy a PRO Membership, and attend all our new PRO seminars and Take 10 webcasts over the next year, plus watch hundreds more from our library on-demand.