Websites: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Moving Toward Mobile: The Future of Shopping Is on the Small Screen [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiMobile devices are rapidly becoming consumers' go-to tool for all their shopping needs. Is our website optimized to handle these online shoppers—or are they going to leave you behind?
How to Master Your Online Presence, Yoda StyleDevon HennigThe old Jedi Master would have made a terrific CMO. Here are some words of wisdom he might have imparted to Padawan marketers to ensure a strong online presence that ...
Nine Checkout Optimization Tips to Reduce Shopping Cart AbandonmentKhalid SalehAfter all the effort you put into optimizing your e-commerce pages, it is truly disheartening to see two-thirds of your potential customers abandon their online shopping carts. But you can ...
Five Steps to a Close-to-Perfect Website LaunchLaura DambrosioLaunching a website? Get ready for a busy few months. So much time, talent, and money goes into building a new site—yet roadblocks can easily push back your launch date. ...
Cure Your Shopping Cart Abandonment Issues [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiAbout $3.38 trillion worth of merchandise will be abandoned in online shopping carts this year. Here's a look at the reasons for cart abandonment—and also some tips for preventing it.
How to Use an Exit-Popup Strategy to Grow Your Email List (Without Annoying Your Readers)Alex BashinskyThere's no denying that popups, especially exit popups, work. But there's also no denying that they annoy website visitors. So how can you make exit popups bearable (or even enjoyable!) ...
The Staggering Scale of What Happens Online in a Minute [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiHow big is the Internet? How many online actions are taking place? How much digital content is being consumed?
Seven Things That Make Consumers Distrust Brand WebsitesAyaz NanjiConsumers say content errors and inaccuracies are the top issues that make them distrust a company's website, according to a recent report from Neustar and the Ponemon Institute.
The Most Effective Tactics for Optimizing B2B Landing PagesAyaz NanjiB2B marketers say A/B-testing is the most effective tactic for increasing conversion rates on website landing pages, according to a recent report from Conversion Mechanics and Ascend2 Research.
How to Increase Website Traffic Without Focusing on Text Content CreationMark RunyonSome businesses bring in immense amounts of traffic to their websites without much text content at all. Here are a couple of examples of such sites—and four tips on how ...
Websites: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Build an Award-Winning Blog in Just Six Months: Ian Cleary of RazorSocial Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIan Cleary discusses how he started the social media and technology blog RazorSocial.com, and the tools and tactics he used to turn RazorSocial into one of the "Top 10 Social Media Blogs of 2013" in just six months.
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Satire, Politics, and Marketing Fake News: Baratunde Thurston on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantStand-up comic, author of How to Be Black, and former director of digital at The Onion, Baratunde Thurston has a lethal sense of humor—and an uncanny ability to meld business sense and humor to both build an online audience and ...
The Rise of the Savvy Auntie: Melanie Notkin on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's Marketing Smarts, Melanie Notkin, founder of SavvyAuntie.com, discusses an important niche market neglected by marketers—women without children of their own, but with children in their lives.
Websites: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- MarketingProfs University: SEO—How Customer Experience Impacts SearchBroadcast on 8/13/2015 with Casie GilletteIn this PRO seminar and kickoff class of MarketingProfs University's Search Marketing School, we'll cover the most important elements and key changes in customer search behavior as well as how to drive conversations through SEO, content, and social media.
- Going All In: How to Avoid the Perils of a Website RedesignBroadcast on 5/7/2015 with Brian MasseyIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the perils of a website redesign, and show you how to design a site for improved performance. We'll also share case studies of redesigns that have succeeded and failed, and you'll leave with practical advice on how to assess your existing site. (You'll also find out how Finish Line ultimately saved its online business!)
- Brain Science and Web MarketingBroadcast on 2/26/2015 with Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, we'll reveal the secrets of marketing masters and provide you with neuromarketing tactics applicable to the relationship between the brain, behavior, and marketing on the web. We'll share research, case studies, and specific neuromarketing tactics that any brand can use to better connect with their customers—including the use of social proof, psychological anchoring, and how to tap into cognitive biases in your writing.
- How to Use Testing to Improve Website ConversionsBroadcast on 12/11/2014 with Justin RondeauIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the steps you should take to use testing to increase your conversion rates. You'll learn what elements to focus on, including lead generation pages, the homepage, and buttons. You'll walk away with new ideas that you can apply to your website and landing pages immediately.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: The Chemistry of the Landing PageBroadcast on 2/27/2014 with Brian MasseyThis PRO seminar will provide actionable tips and best practices to navigate the complexities of creating result-driving landing pages.
- MarketingProfs University: Creating a Winning Web PresenceBroadcast on 4/12/2012 with Philippa GamseThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Websites That Work course will ensure that you're investing wisely, making the most of all opportunities, and maximizing your ROI when it comes to your Web presence.
- MarketingProfs University: What Marketers Should Know About GoogleBroadcast on 9/15/2011 with Maile OhyeLearn the latest about Google Search and the evolving search landscape from the source. Google's Maile Ohye walks us through successful approaches—and pitfalls to avoid—when building a search optimized site.
- Eight Critical SEO MetricsBroadcast on 7/21/2011 with Stephan SpencerUncover which SEO metrics enable you to maximize your website optimization efforts during this PRO seminar with Stephan Spencer. Learn how to expand your keyword list, increase your rankings, and prioritize your efforts.
- MarketingProfs University: Getting Your Website Strategy RightBroadcast on 7/14/2011 with Gerry McGovernYou don't need a website strategy; you need a task strategy. Manage the customer task, and measure website success based on task completion.
- Conversion in a Social World: From Likes to LeadsBroadcast on 6/9/2011 with Tim AshOnline conversion expert Tim Ash discusses the principles of social dynamics and the specific strategies you can use to energize your online audience and convert them to customers.
Websites: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Five Ways to Refresh Your Website (Without Spending a Fortune!)Released on 2/6/2015 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, we'll share five simple tips to improve and refresh your website. You'll be able to makeover your website so that it looks current, loads faster, and increases your search engine optimization ranking—without wasting your time and money.
- Take 10: How to Drive New Business With SEOReleased on 11/21/2014 with Peter PlattIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to shift your SEO strategy from branded to non-branded traffic. We'll share what data you should analyze, and basic improvements you can make to generate new (and more qualified) business opportunities.
- Take 10: UX for the Non-Techie—How to Better Guide the User Through Your SiteReleased on 10/3/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn some simple UX tricks to improve your website and your clients' journey to ensure that each page contains useful information and a meaningful call to action. Plus, you'll learn how staying agile can quickly enhance the UX and keep your clients' coming back.
- Take 10: Merchandising Your Home Page to Increase SalesReleased on 7/19/2013 with Lois BrayfieldIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the three most important things to consider when merchandising your home page that will not only increase conversion, but also increase your average sale.
- Take 10: Striking The Balance Between Merchandising and Branding for Your Ecommerce WebsiteReleased on 6/7/2013 with Brent NiemuthIn just 10 minutes, learn how to appeal to basic human instincts and create an online experience that will delight anyone who visits your site while encouraging sales.
- Take 10: How to Monetize Your Website with Google Ad SenseReleased on 1/25/2013 with Chloe SpencerIn just 10 minutes, you'll discover important tips on how to get your site approved by Google.
- Take 10: How to Increase Website ConversionReleased on 8/17/2012 with Sherice JacobIn just ten minutes, you'll learn how to optimize your website to increase your conversion rate right away!
- Take 10: Three Tools for Website SuccessReleased on 2/10/2012 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn this Take 10, you'll learn about why content is your site's lifeblood and how navigation and layout guide the viewer to take action.
- Take 10: Five Steps to Creating & Registering a Site MapReleased on 6/10/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn this Take 10, search engine optimization expert Janet Driscoll Miller guides you along the important path of creating a site map. She walks you through the process of creating and registering your site map, then verifying your site with Bing and Google.
- Take 10: How to Put Your Business on the Map With Google PlacesReleased on 4/22/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn this Take 10, search engine optimization expert Janet Driscoll Miller explains how to get your brick and mortar location into Google Places so that your business shows up the way you want it to in Google Web search results, mobile search results, and Google Maps.
Websites: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Website Metrics: What to Measure and How to ImproveIn this 27-page guide, you'll learn how to focus on the website data that matters most when you're intent on getting the most from your website—specifically, that which concerns website traffic, the visitor journey, visitor engagement, and conversions. It covers the various metrics to track in order to assess your website's performance in these areas and offers actionable tips for improving those results.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- Website Conversion Success StoriesMany marketers spend too much time and money trying to get people to visit their sites, and not enough boosting the number of sales from the people already visiting. See how 11 companies, including Jelly Belly Candy Company and Kinaxis, are transforming their landing pages, and get great ideas for optimizing your own site to increase sales.
- B2B Marketing in 2009: Trends in Strategies and SpendingGet the truth about B2B marketing in a tough economy from people who know the business best—B2B marketers themselves. Our special report, B2B Marketing in 2009, provides the most current research on trends in strategies and spending, and how they affect your business.
- The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the ElectionWant to create a veritable army of customer-advocates to champion your brand? The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the Election shows you how the Obama campaign masterfully used new media to build awareness, engage prospects, and start a movement. It takes you step-by-step through the new media strategies of the campaign and provides actionable guidance on how you can modify each to benefit your business. Both entertaining and useful, it's an invaluable resource for the savvy marketer who wants to take full advantage of the amazing powers of new media.
- Direct Marketing How-To Guide: Your Template for Optimal Media Selection for B2B MarketingFind out what's new, what's hot and what's not in B2B marketing trends.
- E-Newsletter How-To GuideThe e-newsletter has become ubiquitous. Almost a dime a dozen. How do you make yours not only stand out in the inbox, but make a positive impact on your bottom line? This guide will show you how.
- Paid Search Advertising TemplateIf you're a little intimidated by the prospect of Paid Search Advertising, seriously, join the crowd. Here it is though -- a guiding light through the complex waters of Paid Search Advertising. We assembled a 30-page template to make learning and implementing a successful paid search advertising campaign for your firm as easy as possible.
- Benchmark Survey: Search Engine OptimizationLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey on the best practices in search engine optimization. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.