Websites: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Wherefore Art Thou, J. Peterman? The Quest for Social EngagementDilip VenkatachariJ. Peterman is a brand with far more personality than most. However, somehow, it got lost along the winding road to the social Web, and it's a tragedy that's costing ...
Seven Online Marketing Activities You Can Start TodaySonja JobsonWant to market your small business online? Doing so isn't difficult. Just make sure to produce quality content and authentic messages. Here are seven ways to get started with your ...
How to Use Google Analytics to Increase E-Commerce SalesMor FriedmanGoogle Analytics is a great free tool for e-commerce websites. It can allow marketers and webmasters to record specific data about items purchased, learn how a user navigates the website, ...
A Century of Marketing Media and Measurement: The Evolution of the 'Growth Hacker' [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiTo demonstrate how marketers have adapted to media innovations through the last century and developed measurements for them, IfbyPhone created the following infographic about the evolution of the "growth hacker" ...
Five Steps to Improve Your Marketing to Generation-YJoeri Van den BerghMillennials grew up with the Internet, and they are used to having everything at their fingertips. After interviews with 21 global marketing executives, we defined a five-step plan for improving ...
Social Takes Up 27% of Time Spent OnlineVahe HabeshianIf time spent online in the US via personal computers were compressed into one hour, 16 minutes of it, or 27%, would be spent on social networking and forums, according ...
Why Lead Nurturing Is Like Hosting a Dinner Party (and Nine Ways to Do It Right)Charlotte VarelaLead nurturing and dinner parties require the host (marketer) to build and maintain relationships through conversation, rapport, and trust. And both involve careful planning...
Social Media Becomes Less Important to Teens; Prefer to Shop In-Store Than OnlineVahe HabeshianToday's teens, though digital natives, by a wide margin prefer to shop in stores than online, and even their use of what they consider their favorite social networks is decreasing ...
Taxing Situation: A Lacking Web Presence for Local Tax Preparers [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiAs Tax Day approaches, flustered US taxpayers head online for help filing their annual tax returns. This infographic shows how tax filers use the Web to seek help and how ...
Helpful Conversion Optimization Advice From Rich Page: Get Started, Get ResultsHunter BoyleConversion-rate optimization can be intimidating, especially since marketers don't have many sources of clear advice on how to avoid common pitfalls, generate strong ideas, and run tests that get real ...
Websites: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Satire, Politics, and Marketing Fake News: Baratunde Thurston on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantStand-up comic, author of How to Be Black, and former director of digital at The Onion, Baratunde Thurston has a lethal sense of humor—and an uncanny ability to meld business sense and humor to both build an online audience and ...
The Rise of the Savvy Auntie: Melanie Notkin on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's Marketing Smarts, Melanie Notkin, founder of SavvyAuntie.com, discusses an important niche market neglected by marketers—women without children of their own, but with children in their lives.
Websites: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Three Tragic Flaws That Might Mean Curtains for Your Digital StrategyBroadcast on 3/5/2013 with Jason ThibeaultLearn how to fix three basic digital marketing mistakes and attain a winning digital presence for your online story. Sponsored by Limelight Networks.
- MarketingProfs University: Creating a Winning Web PresenceBroadcast on 4/12/2012 with Philippa GamseThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Websites That Work course will ensure that you're investing wisely, making the most of all opportunities, and maximizing your ROI when it comes to your Web presence.
- MarketingProfs University: What Marketers Should Know About GoogleBroadcast on 9/15/2011 with Maile OhyeLearn the latest about Google Search and the evolving search landscape from the source. Google's Maile Ohye walks us through successful approaches—and pitfalls to avoid—when building a search optimized site.
- Eight Critical SEO MetricsBroadcast on 7/21/2011 with Stephan SpencerUncover which SEO metrics enable you to maximize your website optimization efforts during this PRO seminar with Stephan Spencer. Learn how to expand your keyword list, increase your rankings, and prioritize your efforts.
- MarketingProfs University: Getting Your Website Strategy RightBroadcast on 7/14/2011 with Gerry McGovernYou don't need a website strategy; you need a task strategy. Manage the customer task, and measure website success based on task completion.
- Conversion in a Social World: From Likes to LeadsBroadcast on 6/9/2011 with Tim AshOnline conversion expert Tim Ash discusses the principles of social dynamics and the specific strategies you can use to energize your online audience and convert them to customers.
- Managing Your Reputation in a Social WorldBroadcast on 3/10/2011 with ChristineThis seminar will highlight best practices and strategies for managing your reputation in a social world. You'll learn guidelines on how to make the most out of conversations with customers.
- Cure for the Common Website: Using Personas to Boost Site PerformanceBroadcast on 2/10/2011 with Mark O'BrienPersona development is one of the most important and overlooked aspects of website planning. During this 90-minute PRO seminar, learn everything you need to know to create personas and use them to develop a highly effective website.
- Sure-Fire Tips for Increasing Your Web ConversionsBroadcast on 9/30/2010 with Amy AfricaDesigning an effective website that generates leads for your business and converts leads to sales is a huge challenge. Amy Africa has perfected the art and science of Web usability and will supply you with tons of proven tactics to increase conversions.
- Leading Them by the Nose: How Web Visitors Follow the Scent of InformationBroadcast on 3/4/2010 with Jared SpoolGot Web content? Are visitors successful finding it, or do they give up and hit the Back button?
Websites: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Monetize Your Website with Google Ad SenseReleased on 1/25/2013 with Chloe SpencerIn just 10 minutes, you'll discover important tips on how to get your site approved by Google.
- Take 10: How to Increase Website ConversionReleased on 8/17/2012 with Sherice JacobIn just ten minutes, you'll learn how to optimize your website to increase your conversion rate right away!
- Take 10: Three Tools for Website SuccessReleased on 2/10/2012 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn this Take 10, you'll learn about why content is your site's lifeblood and how navigation and layout guide the viewer to take action.
- Take 10: Five Steps to Creating & Registering a Site MapReleased on 6/10/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn this Take 10, search engine optimization expert Janet Driscoll Miller guides you along the important path of creating a site map. She walks you through the process of creating and registering your site map, then verifying your site with Bing and Google.
- Take 10: How to Put Your Business on the Map With Google PlacesReleased on 4/22/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn this Take 10, search engine optimization expert Janet Driscoll Miller explains how to get your brick and mortar location into Google Places so that your business shows up the way you want it to in Google Web search results, mobile search results, and Google Maps.
- Take 10: Dig up the Good Stuff About Your Competitors Using GoogleReleased on 11/19/2010 with Sean CampbellIn this Take 10 webcast, market research specialist Sean Campbell outlines some of the basic search modes you can use to save time and push the good stuff to the top.
- Take 10: Find Out Who Owns That Website and How Important It IsReleased on 9/3/2010 with Scott SwigartIn this webcast, Scott Swigart, a competitive intelligence and market research expert, will show you how to measure the influence of a website and determine who's behind it. In addition, you'll see how to determine an influencer's motivations, which is the first step in winning them over to your side.
Websites: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- Website Conversion Success StoriesMany marketers spend too much time and money trying to get people to visit their sites, and not enough boosting the number of sales from the people already visiting. See how 11 companies, including Jelly Belly Candy Company and Kinaxis, are transforming their landing pages, and get great ideas for optimizing your own site to increase sales.
- B2B Marketing in 2009: Trends in Strategies and SpendingGet the truth about B2B marketing in a tough economy from people who know the business best—B2B marketers themselves. Our special report, B2B Marketing in 2009, provides the most current research on trends in strategies and spending, and how they affect your business.
- The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the ElectionWant to create a veritable army of customer-advocates to champion your brand? The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the Election shows you how the Obama campaign masterfully used new media to build awareness, engage prospects, and start a movement. It takes you step-by-step through the new media strategies of the campaign and provides actionable guidance on how you can modify each to benefit your business. Both entertaining and useful, it's an invaluable resource for the savvy marketer who wants to take full advantage of the amazing powers of new media.
- Direct Marketing How-To Guide: Your Template for Optimal Media Selection for B2B MarketingFind out what's new, what's hot and what's not in B2B marketing trends.
- E-Newsletter How-To GuideThe e-newsletter has become ubiquitous. Almost a dime a dozen. How do you make yours not only stand out in the inbox, but make a positive impact on your bottom line? This guide will show you how.
- Paid Search Advertising TemplateIf you're a little intimidated by the prospect of Paid Search Advertising, seriously, join the crowd. Here it is though -- a guiding light through the complex waters of Paid Search Advertising. We assembled a 30-page template to make learning and implementing a successful paid search advertising campaign for your firm as easy as possible.
- Benchmark Survey: Search Engine OptimizationLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey on the best practices in search engine optimization. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.