SEO: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Five SEO Tips for Global MarketersRachel ChilsonIf you want to boost your website traffic overseas, you need a localized strategy for each market. Here are five SEO tips to keep in mind during that localization process.
The State of SEO in 2014Ayaz NanjiMost search engine-optimization (SEO) practitioners (71%) say understanding the link between social sharing and search rankings is more important in 2014 than it was last year, according to a recent ...
Why the Future of Digital Marketing Is Pure PRGerald HeneghanSavvy digital marketers who use the methodologies of public relations in a sustained and strategic manner across the board can reap a potential world of benefits.
You Need to Add Video to Your Personal Branding StrategyWilliam ArrudaVideo is the future of personal branding. It's your best opportunity to stand out from the pack and increase your influence.
Avoid the Museum of Dead Content: What to Do When Web Content ExpiresDominic SmithNothing sends potential customers away faster than dead content. But how do you find it—then remove it—without disrupting the flow of marketing work and causing the SEO manager's blood pressure ...
Social Media: Your External SEO 'Plugin'Ken MyersIn the entire scheme of search engine optimization, social media has a useful role to play, one that compliments the internal and external factors of a search friendly website.
What Will Content Marketing Look Like in 2014? [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiThe forecast for content marketing in 2014 includes higher quality of content, multiscreen marketing, and bigger budgets. How does your content marketing compare with those predictions?
Five SEO Steps to Take Before Redesigning Your SiteAleh BarysevichMany companies attempt website redesigns to boost their search engine optimization. In reality, though, redesigns can have a negative impact on prior SEO achievements. Luckily, you can take steps to ...
The Biggest Missed Opportunities in Site Search [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiAre you using site search for your marketing programs? Here's a look at why six out of 10 retailers do not use site search and some reasons why they should.
Five Native Advertising Tips From a Case StudyJeremy CesarecBased on a recent successful campaign, here are five ways to make sure you get good results from your native advertising efforts.
SEO: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Put the Audience First: Sonia Simone of Copyblogger on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"Search engine robots—the last time I checked—do not have credit cards to buy your product," says Sonia Simone of Copyblogger Media. Which is why, she adds, "It makes more sense for us to look at SEO as a function of ...
A Holistic Approach to Content and SEO Strategy: Lee Odden on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantWhat does it mean to have a holistic approach to content marketing and SEO? Since that's precisely what Lee Odden calls for in his new book, that's exactly what I asked him in this episode of Marketing Smarts.
SEO: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Use Google Analytics' Secret Data to Improve Your Search and Social CampaignsBroadcast on 3/6/2014 with Jeff SauerIn this PRO seminar, we'll open the door to the treasure trove of information available to you within Google Analytics. You'll walk away with several actionable tips you can use to measure and improve your search and social campaigns.
- Future-Proof SEO: Immunize Your Business Against Search Engine UpdatesBroadcast on 11/21/2013 with Calvin JonesThis PRO seminar will explore how a fresh approach to search engine optimization can stop you worrying about search engine updates for good.
- MarketingProfs University: SEO in 2013—Current Trends and Future PredictionsBroadcast on 8/8/2013 with Jayson DeMersIn this PRO seminar, you'll discover a brief history of the SEO industry's past few years, followed by a thorough walk-through of the industry's most effective strategies.
- MarketingProfs University: Why Your Online Strategy Really Is Your Business StrategyBroadcast on 9/13/2012 with Vanessa FoxIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why SEO is still important, how to seamlessly build it into your strategy, and how to step into your customers' shoes and understand their thinking to improve traffic, and ultimately, revenue.
- Not Your Father's B2B: Building Business in Today's New World of MarketingBroadcast on 8/2/2012 with B2B Forum SpeakersJoin us for this free sneak peek for MarketingProfs' B2B Forum 2012 and uncover the latest techniques and coolest concepts that work for real companies like yours. Featuring conference speakers Michael Brenner, Veronica Fielding, Nedra Sadorf, and Roberta Rosenberg.
- The 10 Most Common SEO Mistakes Marketers MakeBroadcast on 6/14/2012 with Stephan SpencerLearn how to fare better in organic search, outrank your competition, and improve your overall SEO results.
- Turning Social Referrals into Measurable Business ResultsBroadcast on 3/22/2012 with Nicole GoodyearIn this seminar, you'll review B2B social referral case studies to discover how they can bring measurable results to your business including higher conversion rates and increased average order and lifetime value. You'll walk away with practical knowledge on how to create and measure social referral programs that drive more qualified leads, increase sales, and produce rich social content for your brand.
- Eight Critical SEO MetricsBroadcast on 7/21/2011 with Stephan SpencerUncover which SEO metrics enable you to maximize your website optimization efforts during this PRO seminar with Stephan Spencer. Learn how to expand your keyword list, increase your rankings, and prioritize your efforts.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: Optimizing Content for SEOBroadcast on 12/9/2010 with Heather Lloyd-MartinJoin us for this exciting and fast-paced Hot Seat Lab where you'll learn best practices for writing SEO content that will achieve higher rankings in search engines. Plus, you'll witness several live website critiques where Heather Lloyd Martin will provide actionable tips for improving content in a way that will draw more customers to your site.
- Turning Social into Local: Generating Local Leads and Customer EngagementBroadcast on 5/6/2010 with John JantschJoin award-winning social media publisher John Jantsch to learn how to integrate social media, local search, and mobile marketing to generate new leads and deepen relationships with existing customers.
SEO: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Six SEO Tips to Make Your Content ShineReleased on 9/27/2013 with Lisa GerberIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the principles of SEO and six tactics for optimizing your content so that your customers (and prospective customers) can find you easily online.
- Take 10: Six Quick Tips for Writing SEO-Friendly ContentReleased on 10/14/2011 with Erika NapoletanoIn this Take 10, you will get the low-down on writing copy that is keyword-rich but never boring or forced.
- Take 10: How to Put Your Business on the Map With Google PlacesReleased on 4/22/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn this Take 10, search engine optimization expert Janet Driscoll Miller explains how to get your brick and mortar location into Google Places so that your business shows up the way you want it to in Google Web search results, mobile search results, and Google Maps.
- Take 10: How to Set Up a Multivariate Experiment in Google Website OptimizerReleased on 4/8/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn just 10 minutes, SEO expert Janet Driscoll Miller guides you through the process of setting up a multivariate test using Google Website Optimizer.
- Take 10: How to Add Your SEO Keywords to Your Website ContentReleased on 6/25/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn just 10 minutes, Janet Driscoll Miller, the president and CEO of Search Mojo shares her keyword expertise and guides you through the process of knowing where and how to place keywords, how to get your content ranked high by search engines, and even how to work through the problem of page elements not recognized by search engines.
- Take 10: How to Select Your Keywords Using a Free Tool From GoogleReleased on 6/11/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerJanet Driscoll Miller, president and CEO of Search Mojo, knows everything there is to know about keywords. In this webcast, she walks you through the basics about establishing keywords for search engine optimization.
SEO: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Shopper's Handbook on Search Marketing FirmsThis is the go-to guide for all your Search Engine Optimization needs. Get a first-rate overview of all things related to how search engines fit into your marketing plan. This guide even tells you how to decide if you should not outsource your search engine optimization. But the best thing about this handbook is a comprehensive list of questions you should ask any potential SEO vendor, and tips as to what to look for in the answers. Very helpful. 45 pages.
- Paid Search Advertising TemplateIf you're a little intimidated by the prospect of Paid Search Advertising, seriously, join the crowd. Here it is though -- a guiding light through the complex waters of Paid Search Advertising. We assembled a 30-page template to make learning and implementing a successful paid search advertising campaign for your firm as easy as possible.
- Benchmark Survey: Search Engine OptimizationLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey on the best practices in search engine optimization. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.