SEO: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Seven Technical SEO Mistakes Ruining Your Search RankingsNathan GotchTechnical SEO mistakes are the silent killer of campaigns. They not only disrupt user experience but also make Google hate your website. Fix these seven mistakes to help you achieve ...
Six Top SEO Factors in 2016Dmitry DragilevIt's no secret that SEO has been changing—fast. Once, it was all about title tags, keywords, and backlinks. Today, SEO needs to take into consideration so much more.
A Primer for Getting Ahead With Long-Tail KeywordsSarika PeriwalLong-tail keywords can help even smaller and newer websites "steal" traffic from big, established players. Here's the lowdown on the what, why, and how of long-tail keywords.
How to Make Public Relations Drive SEOBrian BennettPR and SEO aren't standalone marketing disciplines; for best results, they must work together. Here's how.
21 Video Marketing Ideas for Small-Business Budgets [Infographic]Barry FeldmanMaking captivating and effective marketing videos doesn't cost as much as you think. The following tips can help you get started.
Rage Against the Mega-Corp.: How Your Small Business Can Dominate SearchAnthony PiwarunNearly every business in the world has a website today, and that means small businesses have to overcome nearly insurmountable search marketing odds to claim one of the few spots ...
SEO Jobs in 2016: Salary and Hiring TrendsAyaz NanjiThe number of search engine optimization (SEO) job openings has declined this year compared with 2015, and the average salaries of common SEO jobs have dropped as well, according to ...
A 16-Item Checklist to SEO-Optimize Your VideosAleh BarysevichVideo is fast becoming the content medium of choice for US consumers, especially younger ones. And even though you might already be producing videos, you may not be getting the ...
Three UX Principles That Help Your Website Do Its Job RightRobert BerrisThe primary goal of user-experience (UX) design is to ensure your business remains aligned with the needs of your users. That's why UX should be a dedicated part of your ...
Geotargeting: Proven Practices of Location-Tailored SEOAlexander KeslerYou can optimize your website to rank better in local search engine results pages and avoid the informational noise and overload that often irritates your potential customers.
SEO: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Put the Audience First: Sonia Simone of Copyblogger on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"Search engine robots—the last time I checked—do not have credit cards to buy your product," says Sonia Simone of Copyblogger Media. Which is why, she adds, "It makes more sense for us to look at SEO as a function of ...
A Holistic Approach to Content and SEO Strategy: Lee Odden on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantWhat does it mean to have a holistic approach to content marketing and SEO? Since that's precisely what Lee Odden calls for in his new book, that's exactly what I asked him in this episode of Marketing Smarts.
SEO: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- SEO + Content = The Perfect Recipe for Inbound SuccessBroadcast on 4/26/2016 with Karrie SundbomJoin us for this free seminar to discover how and where content marketers play a role in SEO. You'll learn three simple steps to optimize your content for search engines so you can attract new customers with ease. Sponsored by Act-On Software
- How to Use Media Relations to Drive SEOBroadcast on 4/7/2016 with Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use content and traditional media relations to get on the first page of Google results for your priority keywords. We'll also share how to build brand awareness and increase your domain authority, as well as what to include in your content map to continuously generate new ideas.
- Using Emotional Connections to Turn Content Into CustomersBroadcast on 3/29/2016 with Jordan KoeneJoin us for this free seminar to learn the steps you need to take to ensure your content is creating an emotional connection with your buyers, so you can win their attention (and dollars). Sponsored by Searchmetrics, Inc.
- Social Media and SEO: Tips for Successful IntegrationBroadcast on 10/29/2015 with Cynthia JohnsonDuring this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to integrate social media into your digital marketing efforts and make it work for your SEO strategy. You'll learn which KPIs you should focus on the most and tactics to track and measure your efforts. We'll also discuss the important factors to take into account when applying these principles to mobile.
- MarketingProfs University: SEO—How Customer Experience Impacts SearchBroadcast on 8/13/2015 with Casie GilletteIn this PRO seminar and kickoff class of MarketingProfs University's Search Marketing School, we'll cover the most important elements and key changes in customer search behavior as well as how to drive conversations through SEO, content, and social media.
- MarketingProfs University: Putting the User Back Into the User ExperienceBroadcast on 8/14/2014 with Shari ThurowIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to organize and label your website content for a greater impact on SEO and search engine marketing. You'll also learn how social media can impact your search engine marketing strategy by generating natural links and how to cater to customers using a variety of devices. Make sure both your target audience and search engines can find your site by learning today's most effective best practices for findability.
- How to Use Google Analytics' Secret Data to Improve Your Search and Social CampaignsBroadcast on 3/6/2014 with Jeff SauerIn this PRO seminar, we'll open the door to the treasure trove of information available to you within Google Analytics. You'll walk away with several actionable tips you can use to measure and improve your search and social campaigns.
- Future-Proof SEO: Immunize Your Business Against Search Engine UpdatesBroadcast on 11/21/2013 with Calvin JonesThis PRO seminar will explore how a fresh approach to search engine optimization can stop you worrying about search engine updates for good.
- MarketingProfs University: SEO in 2013—Current Trends and Future PredictionsBroadcast on 8/8/2013 with Jayson DeMersIn this PRO seminar, you'll discover a brief history of the SEO industry's past few years, followed by a thorough walk-through of the industry's most effective strategies.
- MarketingProfs University: Why Your Online Strategy Really Is Your Business StrategyBroadcast on 9/13/2012 with Vanessa FoxIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why SEO is still important, how to seamlessly build it into your strategy, and how to step into your customers' shoes and understand their thinking to improve traffic, and ultimately, revenue.
SEO: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Get the Most Out of Your Mobile SEO StrategyReleased on 5/20/2016 with Christina IngeIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through the most recent—and upcoming—changes that will transform search and enable you to reach and win new customers. You'll walk away with actionable steps to get your site found by your customers on their phones and tablets.
- Take 10: Five Simple Ways to Lower Your Bounce RatesReleased on 3/18/2016 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five simple ways to lower your bounce rates. We'll discuss the importance of great copy, common layout and navigation issues, and little-known pitfalls that could cause visitors to leave.
- Take 10: What Does SEO Look Like Today?Released on 2/5/2016 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you what really matters to search engines today. You'll gain tips to build better search engine visibility with techniques you can implement right away. We'll also cover the importance of good content and context, how to apply social signals, and simple on-site optimization to improve your rankings.
- Take 10: Five Ways to Refresh Your Website (Without Spending a Fortune!)Released on 2/6/2015 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, we'll share five simple tips to improve and refresh your website. You'll be able to makeover your website so that it looks current, loads faster, and increases your search engine optimization ranking—without wasting your time and money.
- Take 10: How to Drive New Business With SEOReleased on 11/21/2014 with Peter PlattIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to shift your SEO strategy from branded to non-branded traffic. We'll share what data you should analyze, and basic improvements you can make to generate new (and more qualified) business opportunities.
- Take 10: How to Expand Your Reach and Grow Your Business with Local SEOReleased on 6/6/2014 with Stoney deGeyterIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to increase your visibility in local search results, and how to use positive online reviews to boost your SEO ranking.
- Take 10: Six SEO Tips to Make Your Content ShineReleased on 9/27/2013 with Lisa GerberIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the principles of SEO and six tactics for optimizing your content so that your customers (and prospective customers) can find you easily online.
- Take 10: Six Quick Tips for Writing SEO-Friendly ContentReleased on 10/14/2011 with Erika NapoletanoIn this Take 10, you will get the low-down on writing copy that is keyword-rich but never boring or forced.
- Take 10: How to Put Your Business on the Map With Google PlacesReleased on 4/22/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn this Take 10, search engine optimization expert Janet Driscoll Miller explains how to get your brick and mortar location into Google Places so that your business shows up the way you want it to in Google Web search results, mobile search results, and Google Maps.
- Take 10: How to Set Up a Multivariate Experiment in Google Website OptimizerReleased on 4/8/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn just 10 minutes, SEO expert Janet Driscoll Miller guides you through the process of setting up a multivariate test using Google Website Optimizer.
SEO: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- SEO for Content Marketers: How to Push Your Content to the TopIn this 23-page guide, we cover five steps for optimizing your content and making Google (and the other search engines) happy so that she'll share your content with the right folks and send those prospects your way.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Shopper's Handbook on Search Marketing FirmsThis is the go-to guide for all your Search Engine Optimization needs. Get a first-rate overview of all things related to how search engines fit into your marketing plan. This guide even tells you how to decide if you should not outsource your search engine optimization. But the best thing about this handbook is a comprehensive list of questions you should ask any potential SEO vendor, and tips as to what to look for in the answers. Very helpful. 45 pages.
- Paid Search Advertising TemplateIf you're a little intimidated by the prospect of Paid Search Advertising, seriously, join the crowd. Here it is though -- a guiding light through the complex waters of Paid Search Advertising. We assembled a 30-page template to make learning and implementing a successful paid search advertising campaign for your firm as easy as possible.
- Benchmark Survey: Search Engine OptimizationLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey on the best practices in search engine optimization. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.