Search Engines: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Facebook's Graph Search Results Page: An Eye-Tracking StudyLenna GaribianBeing in the top 2-3 listings of a Facebook Graph Search results page is key to ensuring a listing is seen quickly and for a relatively long duration, according to ...
Top Mobile Web Destinations by Category: Google (News), ESPN (Sports), Amazon (Shopping)...Lenna GaribianGoogle is the most popular Web destination among users of mobile devices, according to new data from Hitwise Mobile: Google attracted 17.27% of total Web traffic via mobile devices for ...
Five Websites Capturing 20% of all Search Result ClicksLenna GaribianLed by Facebook, five websites captured 20% of all search clicks from US search engines (Google, Bing, etc.) in the fourth quarter of 2012, and some 500 websites captured nearly ...
17 Types of Content That Google Will Eat UpJeff FosterJust what the title says... along with an infographic and a host of examples, illustrations, and explanations.
Milestones in the History of the Internet [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiTo remember the Internet's past is to remain open and curious about its future. After all, seeing how far along it has come inspires us to wonder about where it's ...
News Consumption: Digital, Mobile, and Social Media TrendsLenna GaribianMost digital news consumers find news information from Web-native sources such as The Huffington Post and Yahoo, but they rely on more traditional news outlets such as the New York ...
Confusion About How Facebook, Google Make MoneyLenna GaribianThough 70% of online adults say they know how to post content on a Facebook wall, only 54% say they understand how the site makes money, according to a survey ...
Tablets Surpass Smartphones in Paid Search Ad Spend, but Not CTRLenna GaribianAdvertisers invested more in paid search ads served via tablet devices than via smartphones in the fourth quarter of 2012, according to the Global Online Advertising Trends quarterly report, a ...
10 SEO Tips to Improve Your Search Rankings--and Your WebsiteMarty ReardonDon't just try to move up a few places in search results with your SEO efforts; rather, turn a visit to your website into a better experience and help your ...
1 in 4 Google Search Queries Is LocalAbout one-quarter (24.24%) of all search queries conducted via Google are for local goods and services, according to a study by Chitika Insights. However, Bing and Yahoo users are more ...
Search Engines: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- MarketingProfs University: Why Your Online Strategy Really Is Your Business StrategyBroadcast on 9/13/2012 with Vanessa FoxIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why SEO is still important, how to seamlessly build it into your strategy, and how to step into your customers' shoes and understand their thinking to improve traffic, and ultimately, revenue.
- MarketingProfs University: The Fundamentals of Paid SearchBroadcast on 8/9/2012 with George MichieIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the ins and outs of paid search, including how to set the foundation for an effective strategy, how to set budgets and goals, and much more.
- The 10 Most Common SEO Mistakes Marketers MakeBroadcast on 6/14/2012 with Stephan SpencerLearn how to fare better in organic search, outrank your competition, and improve your overall SEO results.
- Turning Social into Local: Generating Local Leads and Customer EngagementBroadcast on 5/6/2010 with John JantschJoin award-winning social media publisher John Jantsch to learn how to integrate social media, local search, and mobile marketing to generate new leads and deepen relationships with existing customers.
- Today's Top Five SEO EssentialsBroadcast on 3/11/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerDon't have the time or money to thoroughly search optimize your website? Learn what's absolutely critical to your SEO success.
- Bing Isn't Google: The Differences That Matter for Search MarketingBroadcast on 2/18/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerWhat should you do to best optimize your website for Bing that you aren't already doing for Google?
- Monetizing the Long Tail of Search: Rethink Your Keyword StrategyBroadcast on 11/12/2009 with Avinash KaushikHe's back! The maven of Search and Web Analytics returns to tip you off to secrets of getting found on the Web.
- Search Engine Optimizing Your Website, Soup to NutsBroadcast on 1/15/2009 with Stephan Spencer, Mark KaufmanIf you're a marketer looking for a fresh crash course in SEO, this 90-minute seminar is for you ...
- Advanced Tactics in SEO: Part Art, Part ScienceBroadcast on 3/27/2008 with Stephan Spencer, Rand FishkinEver wonder what the SEO pros know that you don't? What search engine optimization tools they use every day that you don't even know exist? Take your SEO skill set to the next level, even if you're already a savvy search marketer.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Really Big WebsitesBroadcast on 6/28/2007 with Stephan Spencer, Chris SmithGot a large, complex, database-driven website? Then you're in luck, because such a site represents the best opportunity for capturing visitors from search engines such as Google. That's because a large site has so much of what the engines love—content!Want to know the "magic" that turns that content into an abundance of high rankings? It's all in how you present that content to the engines and link it internally within your site.
Search Engines: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Five Powerful SEO Tips for Getting Your Mobile Apps RankedReleased on 6/15/2012 with Brian KlaisIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five powerful SEO tips that will help get your mobile app ranked in the search engines.
- Take 10: Using Twitter as a Competitive Research ToolReleased on 10/22/2010 with Sean CampbellFind out how the competitive intelligence experts make the best use of their time on Twitter in this short, 10-minute presentation by Sean Campbell.
- Take 10: How to Add Your SEO Keywords to Your Website ContentReleased on 6/25/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn just 10 minutes, Janet Driscoll Miller, the president and CEO of Search Mojo shares her keyword expertise and guides you through the process of knowing where and how to place keywords, how to get your content ranked high by search engines, and even how to work through the problem of page elements not recognized by search engines.
Search Engines: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Paid Search Advertising TemplateIf you're a little intimidated by the prospect of Paid Search Advertising, seriously, join the crowd. Here it is though -- a guiding light through the complex waters of Paid Search Advertising. We assembled a 30-page template to make learning and implementing a successful paid search advertising campaign for your firm as easy as possible.
- Using Google as a Research ToolThis in-depth handbook will walk you through the ins and outs of using Google as a powerful resource for market research. In 27 easy-to-follow pages with a dozen screen shots, this PDF is a handy tool you will want to print and keep nearby as you learn to incorporate the new techniques into your search routines.