Search Engines: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Make Your Content Show Up in Google's 'In-Depth Articles' Search ResultsAlesia KrushGoogle has introduced a search results section dubbed "in-depth articles," which present some great new opportunities to content marketers. Here's the nitty-gritty on how to take advantage of those opportunities.
B2B Buyers Prefer Short Content; Rely Heavily on Google SearchesAyaz NanjiAlmost three quarters (72%) of buyers planning to purchase a B2B product begin their research with a Google search, according to a recent report by Pardot.
Which Types of Websites Are Visited Most Frequently?Ayaz NanjiMost people globally who are online visit three types of websites once a week or more: a search engine (74%), a social network (64%), and a portal site for checking ...
Five Ways to Give Your PPC Advertising an Extreme Makeover [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiSMBs with Google AdWords accounts are flushing away, on average, 25% of their PPC marketing budget because of managerial and strategic errors. Here's a quick look at how to fix ...
Paid Search Trends: CPCs on the Rise, Bing Gaining Spend ShareAyaz NanjiIn the third quarter of 2013, paid search impressions, clicks, and advertiser spend increased for both Google and Bing (which includes the Yahoo search partnership), according to a recent report ...
Internet Ad Revenues Set Record in 1H13Ayaz NanjiInternet ad revenues surged to a landmark $20.1 billion in the first half of 2013, according to a recent report by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) and PwC US.
What Boosts a Web Page's Search Rank in Google? [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiWhat do high-ranking pages in Google have in common? Searchmetrics did a study to find out the answer, then created an infographic from its study results.
How People Search Online [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiFind out what kind of information online search users seek and whether the search results they're served are truly helpful.
Who Uses Search? [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiSome 82.6% of Internet users conduct searches. To find out details about users' age and daily and weekly use, check out this infographic.
Search Ranking Factors 2013: What Does Google Look For? [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiHigh numbers of social signals—such as likes, shares, tweets, and plus-ones—help websites appear at the top of Google search results, according to a recent study by Searchmetrics.
Search Engines: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Future-Proof SEO: Immunize Your Business Against Search Engine UpdatesBroadcast on 11/21/2013 with Calvin JonesThis PRO seminar will explore how a fresh approach to search engine optimization can stop you worrying about search engine updates for good.
- MarketingProfs University: SEO in 2013—Current Trends and Future PredictionsBroadcast on 8/8/2013 with Jayson DeMersIn this PRO seminar, you'll discover a brief history of the SEO industry's past few years, followed by a thorough walk-through of the industry's most effective strategies.
- MarketingProfs University: Why Your Online Strategy Really Is Your Business StrategyBroadcast on 9/13/2012 with Vanessa FoxIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why SEO is still important, how to seamlessly build it into your strategy, and how to step into your customers' shoes and understand their thinking to improve traffic, and ultimately, revenue.
- MarketingProfs University: The Fundamentals of Paid SearchBroadcast on 8/9/2012 with George MichieIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the ins and outs of paid search, including how to set the foundation for an effective strategy, how to set budgets and goals, and much more.
- The 10 Most Common SEO Mistakes Marketers MakeBroadcast on 6/14/2012 with Stephan SpencerLearn how to fare better in organic search, outrank your competition, and improve your overall SEO results.
- Turning Social into Local: Generating Local Leads and Customer EngagementBroadcast on 5/6/2010 with John JantschJoin award-winning social media publisher John Jantsch to learn how to integrate social media, local search, and mobile marketing to generate new leads and deepen relationships with existing customers.
- Today's Top Five SEO EssentialsBroadcast on 3/11/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerDon't have the time or money to thoroughly search optimize your website? Learn what's absolutely critical to your SEO success.
- Bing Isn't Google: The Differences That Matter for Search MarketingBroadcast on 2/18/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerWhat should you do to best optimize your website for Bing that you aren't already doing for Google?
- Monetizing the Long Tail of Search: Rethink Your Keyword StrategyBroadcast on 11/12/2009 with Avinash KaushikHe's back! The maven of Search and Web Analytics returns to tip you off to secrets of getting found on the Web.
- Search Engine Optimizing Your Website, Soup to NutsBroadcast on 1/15/2009 with Stephan Spencer, Mark KaufmanIf you're a marketer looking for a fresh crash course in SEO, this 90-minute seminar is for you ...
Search Engines: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Five Powerful SEO Tips for Getting Your Mobile Apps RankedReleased on 6/15/2012 with Brian KlaisIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five powerful SEO tips that will help get your mobile app ranked in the search engines.
- Take 10: Using Twitter as a Competitive Research ToolReleased on 10/22/2010 with Sean CampbellFind out how the competitive intelligence experts make the best use of their time on Twitter in this short, 10-minute presentation by Sean Campbell.
- Take 10: How to Add Your SEO Keywords to Your Website ContentReleased on 6/25/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn just 10 minutes, Janet Driscoll Miller, the president and CEO of Search Mojo shares her keyword expertise and guides you through the process of knowing where and how to place keywords, how to get your content ranked high by search engines, and even how to work through the problem of page elements not recognized by search engines.
Search Engines: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Paid Search Advertising TemplateIf you're a little intimidated by the prospect of Paid Search Advertising, seriously, join the crowd. Here it is though -- a guiding light through the complex waters of Paid Search Advertising. We assembled a 30-page template to make learning and implementing a successful paid search advertising campaign for your firm as easy as possible.
- Using Google as a Research ToolThis in-depth handbook will walk you through the ins and outs of using Google as a powerful resource for market research. In 27 easy-to-follow pages with a dozen screen shots, this PDF is a handy tool you will want to print and keep nearby as you learn to incorporate the new techniques into your search routines.