Search Engines: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
SEO Spotlight: Five Strategies to Take You Through to 2016Rohan AyyarFive months into 2015, search and content marketers are deep into the grind of links, keywords, content, and conversions. To keep your momentum going into the next year, adopt these ...
The State of Google Universal Search IntegrationAyaz NanjiSome 79% of all keywords return search results that include at least one Google Universal Search (AKA blended search) element—the additional snippet of media and information that accompanies traditional results—according ...
Three Places to Connect With Consumers on Mobile [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiA whopping 94% of SMB owners use smartphones to conduct business. Check out these tips for reaching them with the right content in the right place.
How People Phrase Online SearchesAyaz NanjiHalf of consumers search online using fragments (e.g., "swollen ankle") and half use more fully formed phrases (e.g., "causes of swollen ankle during sleep"), according to a recent report from ...
Are Marketers Ready for Google's Search Algorithm Changes?Ayaz NanjiSome 78% of digital marketers say they are aware of Google's imminent search algorithm changes that will add mobile-friendliness as a ranking signal, according to a recent report from gShift.
The Top Trending Searches in Each US StateAyaz NanjiOhioans love Lebron James, Californians are worried about earthquakes, and Hawaiians want to go to Disneyland, according to a recent analysis of the top trending searches in each US state ...
#SocialSkim: The Truth About Facebook Reach, a Hashtag Primer, YouTube Turns 10, More!Angela NatividadLearn what Facebook now prioritizes in its News Feed and why users come back to it over and over. You'll also score a primer on how hashtags work across different ...
Top 20 Halloween Costumes by Paid Search SpendAyaz NanjiNearly one-third (31%) of all paid search spend by marketers on Halloween costumes went to Disney-owned character keywords, according to a recent report from AdGooroo.
Eye-Tracking Study: How Users View Google Search Result PagesAyaz NanjiThe way people engage with Google search engine result pages (SERPs) has changed significantly over the past decade, according to a recent report from Mediative.
The Value of Being the First Ad Displayed by GoogleAyaz NanjiThe first ad displayed by Google on a search results page has become even more valuable with the rise of mobile searches, according to a recent report from Marin Software.
Search Engines: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- MarketingProfs University: Putting the User Back Into the User ExperienceBroadcast on 8/14/2014 with Shari ThurowIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to organize and label your website content for a greater impact on SEO and search engine marketing. You'll also learn how social media can impact your search engine marketing strategy by generating natural links and how to cater to customers using a variety of devices. Make sure both your target audience and search engines can find your site by learning today's most effective best practices for findability.
- The Convergence Imperative: How Social, Content, and PR Combine for Marketing SuccessBroadcast on 8/7/2014 with Jason FallsIn this PRO seminar, you'll gain a deep understanding of how success in search requires the combination of 'holy smokes' content, strong social media, and brilliant PR. You'll learn how to apply this effective combination to your online and offline marketing efforts.
- How to Use Google Analytics' Secret Data to Improve Your Search and Social CampaignsBroadcast on 3/6/2014 with Jeff SauerIn this PRO seminar, we'll open the door to the treasure trove of information available to you within Google Analytics. You'll walk away with several actionable tips you can use to measure and improve your search and social campaigns.
- Future-Proof SEO: Immunize Your Business Against Search Engine UpdatesBroadcast on 11/21/2013 with Calvin JonesThis PRO seminar will explore how a fresh approach to search engine optimization can stop you worrying about search engine updates for good.
- MarketingProfs University: SEO in 2013—Current Trends and Future PredictionsBroadcast on 8/8/2013 with Jayson DeMersIn this PRO seminar, you'll discover a brief history of the SEO industry's past few years, followed by a thorough walk-through of the industry's most effective strategies.
- MarketingProfs University: Why Your Online Strategy Really Is Your Business StrategyBroadcast on 9/13/2012 with Vanessa FoxIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why SEO is still important, how to seamlessly build it into your strategy, and how to step into your customers' shoes and understand their thinking to improve traffic, and ultimately, revenue.
- MarketingProfs University: The Fundamentals of Paid SearchBroadcast on 8/9/2012 with George MichieIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the ins and outs of paid search, including how to set the foundation for an effective strategy, how to set budgets and goals, and much more.
- The 10 Most Common SEO Mistakes Marketers MakeBroadcast on 6/14/2012 with Stephan SpencerLearn how to fare better in organic search, outrank your competition, and improve your overall SEO results.
- Turning Social into Local: Generating Local Leads and Customer EngagementBroadcast on 5/6/2010 with John JantschJoin award-winning social media publisher John Jantsch to learn how to integrate social media, local search, and mobile marketing to generate new leads and deepen relationships with existing customers.
- Today's Top Five SEO EssentialsBroadcast on 3/11/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerDon't have the time or money to thoroughly search optimize your website? Learn what's absolutely critical to your SEO success.
Search Engines: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Five Powerful SEO Tips for Getting Your Mobile Apps RankedReleased on 6/15/2012 with Brian KlaisIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five powerful SEO tips that will help get your mobile app ranked in the search engines.
- Take 10: Using Twitter as a Competitive Research ToolReleased on 10/22/2010 with Sean CampbellFind out how the competitive intelligence experts make the best use of their time on Twitter in this short, 10-minute presentation by Sean Campbell.
- Take 10: How to Add Your SEO Keywords to Your Website ContentReleased on 6/25/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn just 10 minutes, Janet Driscoll Miller, the president and CEO of Search Mojo shares her keyword expertise and guides you through the process of knowing where and how to place keywords, how to get your content ranked high by search engines, and even how to work through the problem of page elements not recognized by search engines.
Search Engines: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- SEO for Content Marketers: How to Push Your Content to the TopIn this 23-page guide, we cover five steps for optimizing your content and making Google (and the other search engines) happy so that she'll share your content with the right folks and send those prospects your way.
- Paid Search Advertising TemplateIf you're a little intimidated by the prospect of Paid Search Advertising, seriously, join the crowd. Here it is though -- a guiding light through the complex waters of Paid Search Advertising. We assembled a 30-page template to make learning and implementing a successful paid search advertising campaign for your firm as easy as possible.
- Using Google as a Research ToolThis in-depth handbook will walk you through the ins and outs of using Google as a powerful resource for market research. In 27 easy-to-follow pages with a dozen screen shots, this PDF is a handy tool you will want to print and keep nearby as you learn to incorporate the new techniques into your search routines.