E-Commerce: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The Buying, Device, and Content Behavior of Amazon CustomersAyaz NanjiMost consumers who use Amazon to shop visit the e-commerce platform at least once a week, according to recent research from Feedvisor.
What Today's Shoppers Want, and How Omnichannel Retailers Can Satisfy ThemBarry FeldmanRetailers must now meet the needs and wants of customers wherever they are—in stores, on mobile or desktop sites, in apps, and on social platforms. Here are the preferences of ...
What Consumers Value Most in Retail AppsAyaz NanjiConsumers say speed is the most important feature of a mobile retail application, according to recent research from SundaySky.
The Fashion-Shopping Habits of Millennial WomenAyaz NanjiSocial media influencers now surpass friends and family as the primary source of fashion ideas and recommendations for Millennial women, according to recent research from Dealspotr.
The Benefits of E-Commerce for B2B FirmsAyaz NanjiMost B2B decision-makers expect e-commerce to drive business growth in the coming years, according to recent research from CloudCraze.
The Keys to Successful Shopper-Retailer Delivery Communication [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiConsumers expect to be notified quickly by retailers when there is an issue with their shipment or when their delivery date changes, according to recent research from Dropoff.
Will Mobile Devices Replace Desktop Computers? [Infographic]Laura ForerIs the computer as we know it on its way out? As mobile usage continues to grow—and PC usage continues to decline—what does that mean for computers? And what does ...
The Three Content Types That Most Influence E-Commerce PurchasesAyaz NanjiConsumers say detailed product descriptions, images, and customer reviews are the three content types that most influence their purchases on e-commerce websites, according to recent research from Clutch.
Black Friday Trends Around the World [Infographic]Laura ForerBlack Friday is no longer contained within US borders. Now—thanks to Amazon and other international retailers—big shopping boosts occur in countries all over the world on that day. Learn more ...
The State of E-Commerce in Fast-Moving Consumer Goods [Infographic]Laura ForerFast-moving consumer goods (AKA consumer packaged goods) e-commerce growth is outpacing offline growth. See which industries are most affected and how CPG brands can stand out in an increasingly competitive ...
E-Commerce: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Customer Relationships, Digital Marketing, and eBay for Dummies: Marsha Collier on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDigital marketing and e-commerce expert Marsha Collier, author of 32 books, including eBay for Dummies, discusses how to manage customer relationships across channels, why behavior is more important than demographics, and what marketers can learn from successful eBay sellers.
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
E-Commerce: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Artificial Intelligence for Marketing: Getting StartedBroadcast on 9/21/2017 with Jim SterneIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn about artificial intelligence and its useful features, including natural language processing and speech recognition. You'll discover the power of machine learning and understand how to make the most of these technologies to deliver better data insights, customer experience, and more.
- Going All In: How to Avoid the Perils of a Website RedesignBroadcast on 5/7/2015 with Brian MasseyIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the perils of a website redesign, and show you how to design a site for improved performance. We'll also share case studies of redesigns that have succeeded and failed, and you'll leave with practical advice on how to assess your existing site. (You'll also find out how Finish Line ultimately saved its online business!)
- Conversion in a Social World: From Likes to LeadsBroadcast on 6/9/2011 with Tim AshOnline conversion expert Tim Ash discusses the principles of social dynamics and the specific strategies you can use to energize your online audience and convert them to customers.
- Content Marketing: How to Position Your Company as a Trusted Expert ResourceBroadcast on 12/4/2008 with Joe PulizziWhat's the best way to start building a relationship with potential buyers? Educate them about your industry, possible solution choices, best practices, and the right questions to ask.
- Email Customization: Getting Personal to Deepen Relationships, Generate Additional Sales, and MoreBroadcast on 5/22/2008 with Regina BradyMost marketers use a “one size fits all" approach to email marketing instead of segmenting their campaigns. There are some simple but effective personalization techniques that can be used to make a mailing feel more targeted to the individual—and earn better ROI.
- Search Marketing Essentials for Online RetailersBroadcast on 2/8/2007 with Stephan Spencer, George MichieStephan Spencer and George Michie will share their expertise and tips for advanced search marketing, specific to the unique challenges that e-commerce marketers face.
- Best Practices in Web Content: Beauty Doesn't Matter (much)Broadcast on 12/7/2006 with Gerry McGovernThis seminar is packed full of practical advise and real world examples. For 12 years, Gerry has worked with some of the best organizations in the world (BBC, UCLA, Microsoft, Pioneer, HP), and has written four books on the subject of web management.
- Boosting E-Commerce Conversion Rates with Persuasion ScenariosBroadcast on 11/9/2006 with Bryan EisenbergBy modeling customer behavior with Persuasion Scenarios, you can fix holes in your sales process by understanding your customers’ buying process.
- Crash Course in Direct Marketing: First Seminar in a 10-Seminar SeriesBroadcast on 10/19/2006 with Ruth StevensThe broad scope of direct marketing makes it easy to misunderstand some of its basic principles. DM expert Ruth Stevens covers the elements that every marketing professional needs to know.
- Search Engine Optimization: Maximize Your Natural Search ChannelBroadcast on 11/18/2004 with Stephan Spencer, Brian KlaisThere is a science behind designing websites that achieve top rankings in the search engine. In this seminar, you will learn practical tips you can apply immediately to maximize your reach.
E-Commerce: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Striking The Balance Between Merchandising and Branding for Your Ecommerce WebsiteReleased on 6/7/2013 with Brent NiemuthIn just 10 minutes, learn how to appeal to basic human instincts and create an online experience that will delight anyone who visits your site while encouraging sales.
E-Commerce: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Website Metrics: What to Measure and How to ImproveIn this 27-page guide, you'll learn how to focus on the website data that matters most when you're intent on getting the most from your website—specifically, that which concerns website traffic, the visitor journey, visitor engagement, and conversions. It covers the various metrics to track in order to assess your website's performance in these areas and offers actionable tips for improving those results.
- Website Conversion Success StoriesMany marketers spend too much time and money trying to get people to visit their sites, and not enough boosting the number of sales from the people already visiting. See how 11 companies, including Jelly Belly Candy Company and Kinaxis, are transforming their landing pages, and get great ideas for optimizing your own site to increase sales.