Marketing Smarter: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
AI-Powered Marketing Is Here: What You Need to KnowIBM Watson Marketing [Sponsored Content]Artificial intelligence offers customers better experiences and makes marketers' lives easier—and it's not has hard to implement as you might think. Here are some considerations for using AI in your ...
Programmatic Advertising: Benefits, Trends, and Solutions [Infographic]Laura ForerUnsure if programmatic advertising is right for you brand? Now may be the time to get started if you want to stay ahead of the competition. Check out this infographic ...
Click-to-Call: Why the Phone Call Is Back in Business [Infographic]Laura ForerWith so many ways for customers to contact businesses, it can be easy to overlook one of the oldest and most useful: the phone. Click-to-call functionality makes it easy for ...
The State of Marketing Attribution and Measurement: Do You Measure Up? [Infographic]Laura ForerIf a marketing campaign brings in new leads, but no one is measuring attribution, do the marketers get credit? Very possibly not, or the credit may be misplaced. Check out ...
Five Things Pro Facebook Marketers Do DifferentlyMadelyn Newman [Sponsored Content]Why is it that some brands seem to achieve success with social advertising, whereas others struggle to find the right formula? Read on for five secrets from Facebook marketing pros ...
How New Tech Trends Can Amplify Your Marketing Strategy [Animated Infographic]Laura ForerAI, ML, and ABM are all initialisms we hear a lot these days, but how do the technologies they refer to work together to make your marketing efforts more efficient? ...
Machine-Learning and Artificial Intelligence: The Difference, and What They're For [Infographic]Laura ForerMachine-learning and artificial intelligence are still growing technologies—and they aren't just passing trends. Check out the infographic to see how ML and AI are helping B2B and B2C marketers alike.
The Challenges of Programmatic Advertising and How to Overcome Them [Infographic]Laura ForerToday's infographic explores three perils of programmatic ad buying and explains how to make sure your brand is safe, your ads are viewable, and your reputation is safe from fraudsters.
Marketers' Top 5 Challenges and How to Overcome Them [Infographic]Laura ForerIt's no secret that marketers have a lot on their plates. Conflicting priorities and lack of resources can make marketers feel like they aren't accomplishing much. Check out this infographic ...
Owned, Paid, and Earned: The Social Media Trifecta [Infographic]Laura ForerOwned, earned, and paid social media are often thought of as separate tactics of a brand's social strategy. But ensuring all three work together can give you the biggest and ...
Marketing Smarter: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Changing Agency/Client Relationship: Glenn Engler Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantSenior-level marketers don't seem to believe their digital partners are adequately extending their service capabilities in the digital age. So how does an agency demonstrate that it "gets" digital? Glenn Engler, CEO of Digital Influence Group, answers that question in ...
Marketing Smarter: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Artificial Intelligence for Marketing: Getting StartedBroadcast on 9/21/2017 with Jim SterneIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn about artificial intelligence and its useful features, including natural language processing and speech recognition. You'll discover the power of machine learning and understand how to make the most of these technologies to deliver better data insights, customer experience, and more.
- Amplify Your Marketing With Brand MetaphorsBroadcast on 3/17/2016 with Jeremy MillerIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to amplify your marketing using brand metaphors. We'll walk you through seven archetypal metaphors that span across countries, cultures, languages, and dialects. You'll also learn a step-by-step process to discovering your ideal brand metaphor and how to use it to engage and persuade your audience.
- MarketingProfs University: Customers Trump Analytics—Why Email Marketing Is About People, Not MetricsBroadcast on 12/4/2014 with Michael BarberIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the latest email trends and research, and dive into specific examples of email branding, acquisition, loyalty, and retention strategies. You'll learn how to maximize the return on your efforts through improved writing techniques, a deeper understanding of user groups and behaviors, and much more!
- How to Lead the Mindful Marketing RevolutionBroadcast on 11/13/2014 with Lisa NirellIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how today's marketing revolutionaries have learned to stop, breathe, and reflect on the more human side of marketing to generate new opportunities and transform customer relationships.
- What Every Marketer Needs to Know About Growth HackingBroadcast on 9/11/2014 with Sean EllisIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to align your team and resources to take advantage of the new opportunities that come through growth hacking, as well as how you can put these strategies to work for your business. From finding new areas of opportunity to give you a leg up on your competition, to doubling down on successful channels, you'll walk away with a growth hacking framework that will help energize your marketing and find new wins for your business.
- Retrain Your Brain for Healthier MarketingBroadcast on 8/28/2014 with Lorrie Thomas RossIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the marketing concepts that set the tone for optimization, strategy, and most importantly, new behaviors that can directly impact your success. You'll receive a framework to begin the optimization process and set these new actions in motion, and learn simple changes that you can make to ensure your time and money aren't wasted, but invested.
- MarketingProfs University: Growing & Engaging Your Subscribers, Fans, and FollowersBroadcast on 2/9/2012 with Jeff RohrsThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Social Media Marketing: The Full Monty will teach you how to effectively grow your fans, followers and subscribers with integrated social media and email marketing.
- The State of the Thank You EconomyBroadcast on 9/22/2011 with Gary VaynerchukJoin us as we discuss the incredible tool that allows brands to show customers that they care: social media. Social media offers brands the opportunity to listen to and engage with anyone having a conversation on these networks.
- MarketingProfs University: What Marketers Should Know About GoogleBroadcast on 9/15/2011 with Maile OhyeLearn the latest about Google Search and the evolving search landscape from the source. Google's Maile Ohye walks us through successful approaches—and pitfalls to avoid—when building a search optimized site.
- Winning with Speed: 4 Ways Speed Can Topple the Goliath in Your IndustryBroadcast on 6/23/2011 with Stephen DennyAuthor and consultant Stephen Denny discusses how speed can be used as a weapon to beat your competition in this insightful PRO seminar. Learn how creating a speed culture can not only help you move faster, but push you to make better decisions and pull forward revenue.
Marketing Smarter: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Digital Marketing Is a Circle of TrustReleased on 6/12/2015 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create utility content—content that serves a purpose or solves a problem—and how this helps drive qualified traffic. In addition, we'll share insight on paid, owned, and earned media, how to use it to keep you in the circle of trust, and how to make it work to your advantage.
- Take 10: Email Marketing Strategies—Out With the Old, In With the NewReleased on 5/15/2015 with Christina IngeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to align your email efforts with changing technology, increase open and click through rates, and grow your email ROI. We'll show you how to create a whole new life for your emails by sweeping away dusty, outdated practices.
- Take 10: The 10 Web Marketing Areas You Need to Focus on NowReleased on 1/9/2015 with Stoney deGeyterIn just 10 minutes, we'll identify the top 10 online marketing areas you should be focusing on, and provide you with three action items for each. With your top 10 list and actionable to-dos in hand, you can eliminate the less impactful projects, and hone your time, money, and energy on what really matters and gives you the best ROI.
- Take 10: How to Generate Big Ideas in Small, Easy StepsReleased on 12/2/2011 with Alicia ArnoldThe "forced connections" approach requires you to think of relations between two unrelated concepts in order to generate new ideas. In just 10 minutes, learn how to use this exercise in the problem-solving process. Along the way, you will see how posing questions about the problem at hand can help you find a solution.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Fascinate People with 7 Key TriggersReleased on 9/30/2011 with Sally HogsheadIn this Take 10 Author Series webcast, Sally Hogshead explains how people and brands become fascinating. She discusses how to capitalize on your competitive advantage and identify your most fascinating trait.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Win Big with Content MarketingReleased on 9/23/2011 with David Meerman ScottIn this Take 10 Author Series webcast, David Meerman Scott explores the implications of the "You are what you publish" mantra, then offers advice on producing good content on a regular basis.
- Take 10: How to Select Images That Make Your Marketing More EffectiveReleased on 7/1/2011 with Dan HillIn this Take 10, Dan Hill, an expert in consumer and employee behavior, uses insights provided by eye-tracking studies to explain why certain images have such tremendous impact.
- Take 10: 8 Must-Have Apps for Showcasing Your Expertise on LinkedInReleased on 10/8/2010 with Jason AlbaIn this Take 10, LinkedIn expert Jason Alba explains which 8 applications every marketer and business owner on LinkedIn should consider to use and why they're essential for positioning your brand.
Marketing Smarter: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Four Requisites for Agile Marketing SuccessIn this 36-page guide, we'll run through four requisites for agile marketing success—the right attitude, the voice of the customer, "flow-jo" (flow mojo), and teamwork—along with a myriad of tips for putting it all into motion.
- Influencer Marketing Success StoriesInfluencer Marketing Success Stories features 13 companies that have leveraged the influence of outspoken opinion-makers and ordinary online reviewers to achieve their marketing objectives. With examples including Forbes Digital and Virgin America, this new Case Study Collection will show you how use influencer to boost brand awareness, introduce new products, increase sales, and more.