Community: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Four Niche-Industry Social Media Marketing Campaigns Done RightBrandon LewisLooking for some social media marketing inspiration? Go beyond standard posts with these four unique and effective campaigns.
How to Harness the 'Testimonial Economy' in Your Marketing StrategyMark BabbittWe now live in the Testimonial Economy, where what we say about ourselves doesn't matter, what others say about us is what sways opinion, and bad reviews can override even ...
How to Use Online Communities for a Marketing Strategy Driven by Customer DataSteven HamrickCommunities offer you an opportunity to better understand your customers by capitalizing on the data they provide online. You can then use that data to offer personalized content at various ...
#SocialSkim: Facebook's Netflix-Like Shows, Algo Change; Snapchat's Scary Slump: 10 Stories This WeekChristian NeriFacebook eyes original TV-like shows for this summer; Snapchat scares investors, releases suite of new features to combat Instagram; Facebook's latest algorithm change; Instagram eyes global markets; the niche social ...
#SocialSkim: Instagram: 'Chronological Order Is so... Yesterday'; Plus 11 More Stories in This Week's RoundupChristian NeriThis week's all about new frontiers: Instagram ditches chronological order and adopts algorithm; Facebook, WhatsApp, and Snapchat push encryption boundaries; and Facebook's Canvas ads could be a mobile game-changer. We'll ...
Ranking GOP Presidential Candidates According to Digital StrategyJeremy PageThe GOP campaign is generating heat, and that's good news for marketers. Let's take a look at top GOP candidates, the tools they're using, and the lessons their wins (or ...
Don't DIY: Eight Reasons for Not Building Your Own Partner PortalDave R. TaylorTempted to build your own partner portal? Don't do it! Myriad companies try to use their existing technologies to craft together a portal—and fail miserably.
How Reviews and Recommendations Affect the Path to Purchase [Infographic]Verónica JarskiGet the stats on how much consumers rely on their friends and family for advice about their purchase decisions.
Seven Traits of Successful Community Managers [Infographic]Verónica JarskiBehind every successful online community is an effective community manager. Use the following criteria to find, recruit, and select the right community managers for your organization.
Apple's Core Principles Helped It Regain Its Marketing Mojo (They Can Help You, too)Betsy MorrisonApple is a pro at creating buzz around its releases, even when it's been years between major launches. Here's how Apple's focus on three major principles helps it stay engaged ...
Community: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Triumph Over Trolls and Misinformation: Janice Person of Monsanto on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJanice Person, online engagement director at Monsanto, shares how blogger outreach and community engagement help the B2B company to overcome negative brand sentiment, misinformation, and outright trolling.
Why Brand Communities Are the Future of Marketing: Jordan Kretchmer of Livefyre on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJordan Kretchmer, founder and CEO of Livefyre, discusses research on social media trends and Forrester Research's prediction that brand communities will take on greater importance in 2015.
Growing a Global Brand Community: Dell Software's Dave Hansen Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneGet insight into how big brands manage their communities, and learn secrets for making the most of channel partner relationships... from Dave Hansen, Dell Software global vice-president and general manager of sales, marketing, and services.
Masterful Marketing Is Anything but Elementary: Scott Monty Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneScott Monty, executive vice-president of strategy SHIFT Communications, solves the mystery of more effective marketing—with a little help from Sherlock Holmes.
Building Your Brand's Community: Dan Sullivan of Crowdly Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneCrowdly founder Dan Sullivan shares insights about community management, brand advocacy, influencer outreach, and the psychology of trolls.
Cause Marketing and Autism Awareness: Jason Falls of CafePress Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJason Falls of CafePress talks about cause marketing, Autism Awareness Month, and how businesses of any size can give back to the community.
Rethink Your Audience: Author and Digital Strategist Sam Ford on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThough living in a new era of participatory media, our notions of what constitutes an audience and what audiences actually do has not changed much since the broadcast era—and that's a problem, argues Sam Ford.
Everybody Makes Mistakes: David B. Thomas on Social Media Policies [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDavid B. Thomas, senior director of content and community for Salesforce Marketing Cloud and author of The Executive's Guide to Enterprise Social Media Strategy, discusses social media policies.
A Passion for People: Intel's Ekaterina Walter Talks Entrepreneurial Success on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"All of us want to belong, and all of us really want to make an impact, and some of us... we invent Facebook," Ekaterina Walter, social media strategist at Intel and author of Think Like Zuck told me during this ...
Content, Social, Sales, and Community: Highlights From a Year of Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantWe covered a range of topics on the Marketing Smarts podcast in 2012. In this episode we share some highlights on creating compelling content, allowing social media to humanize your organization, building community, and navigating the sometimes tricky relationship between ...
Community: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Build a Thriving Brand CommunityBroadcast on 11/20/2014 with Dorothéa Bozicolona-VolpeIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the essential components for building and maintaining an online community, and how to get buy-in from your organization to get started.
- Transform Your Business to Be the Most Highly Recommended Brand in Your CategoryBroadcast on 3/27/2014 with Paul RandIn this PRO seminar, one of the pioneers of word-of-mouth marketing will share best practices and real-world examples showing how you can become the most highly recommended brand, and gain a competitive edge.
- Sharing is CaringBroadcast on 4/11/2013 with Stephanie FilerIn this free MPU class from our MarketingProfs University course, Cracking the Facebook Code, you'll see examples of how Facebook can be used to attract and engage clients and learn how Facebook can be a powerful tool for non-profits and for-profits alike.
- How to Collaborate Effectively Within Your Organization to Strengthen Your BrandBroadcast on 11/15/2012 with Elaine FogelThis PRO seminar will give marketers the resources and inspiration they need to collaborate with other departments. You'll learn how to turn employees into brand ambassadors who will enhance customer relationships, advocate branding compliance, promote trust, and help your business.
- MarketingProfs University: The Social Habit 2012—How Americans Really Use Social MediaBroadcast on 10/11/2012 with Tom WebsterThis PRO seminar will provide genuine insight and actionable tips as Tom guides attendees through an interactive exploration of what America's "Social Habit" really means for content creators, marketers, and brands.
- Using Crowdsourcing to Develop and Enhance Your ContentBroadcast on 9/27/2012 with David BratvoldIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn what crowdsourcing is, why it's important, and how you can use it to beef up your content.
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Facebook AdsBroadcast on 5/17/2012 with Eshwar BelaniLearn how to dramatically improve the effectiveness, reach, and ROI of your Facebook campaigns and how to use ad targeting and optimization tools outside of Facebook to create, launch, and test thousands of ads targeted at just as many (if not more) micro-segments.
- Cognitive Surplus: How Sharing and Collaboration Can Benefit Marketers in a Connected AgeBroadcast on 4/19/2012 with Clay ShirkyIn this seminar, Clay Shirky will show you how to tap into your customers' cognitive surplus by providing a platform for customer collaboration—and how this collaboration can turn into big positive results for your business. Plus you'll discover how you, as a marketer, can become more valuable to your company through the insights you gain by fostering this collaboration.
- Turning Social Referrals into Measurable Business ResultsBroadcast on 3/22/2012 with Nicole GoodyearIn this seminar, you'll review B2B social referral case studies to discover how they can bring measurable results to your business including higher conversion rates and increased average order and lifetime value. You'll walk away with practical knowledge on how to create and measure social referral programs that drive more qualified leads, increase sales, and produce rich social content for your brand.
- MarketingProfs University: Growing & Engaging Your Subscribers, Fans, and FollowersBroadcast on 2/9/2012 with Jeff RohrsThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Social Media Marketing: The Full Monty will teach you how to effectively grow your fans, followers and subscribers with integrated social media and email marketing.
Community: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Leverage Your Online CommunityReleased on 4/15/2016 with Paul ChaneyIn just 10 minutes, we'll share six practical tips that will help you tap into this valuable resource to grow your business and benefit your customers. From setting goals to becoming a good listener, you'll leave with actionable steps to build a stronger online community.
- Take 10: How to Create a YouTube Content Library With Google Hangouts On AirReleased on 4/17/2015 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the basic framework to build a content library of video with Google Hangouts On Air. This free and easy tool syncs up with your branded YouTube channel so you can build a content library with the support of experts, vendors, customers, and more. You'll also learn how to turn these videos into additional pieces of content to connect your brand with your target audience. And bonus—it'll help boost your SEO, too!
- Take 10: Three Ingredients That Turn Engagement Into Measurable Business ResultsReleased on 11/22/2013 with Rachel HappeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to build a successful engagement strategy that will help shape your business and bring in the results you need.
- Take 10 Video Series: Five Ways to Step Up Your Twitter GameReleased on 8/31/2012 with Megan BerryLearn five easy-to-implement steps that will help you improve your Twitter presence faster than you can type and schedule your next 140-character tweet.
- Take 10 Video Series: Seven Steps to Measuring Social Media ROIReleased on 7/13/2012 with David B. ThomasIn just 10 minutes, David B. Thomas will walk you through a step-by-step approach that will help you understand how to measure the bottom-line value of your social media efforts.
- Take 10: How to Convince People to Take Action for Your CauseReleased on 3/30/2012 with Katya AndresenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to make your cause stand out by making it relatable; compelling donors to take action.
- Take 10: How to Integrate Social Media Into Your Daily RoutineReleased on 3/23/2012 with Beth SchillaciIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to integrate social media into your marketing mix effectively by working it into your daily routine.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Become a Go-To Resource for CustomersReleased on 2/24/2012 with Brian SolisIn just 10 minutes, Brian tells you exactly what you need to do to become relevant and a go-to resource for your customer.
- Take 10: How to Deal With Negative Comments on FacebookReleased on 8/19/2011 with Paul ChaneyDuring this 10-minute tactical webcast, you'll learn how to manage comments from your Facebook Page's admin panel, filter out certain words or phrases, and set permissions on what fans can and cannot post.
- Take 10: How to Host a Successful Twitter ChatReleased on 7/8/2011 with Verónica Maria JarskiIn this Take 10, Verónica Maria Jarski takes you through the eight essential ingredients of a rockin' good Twitter chat.
Community: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Social Media Integration Success StoriesTwitter. Facebook. LinkedIn. While these social media tools are all effective on their own, they work best when part of other marketing programs. See how 10 companies have maximized results by integrating social media into traditional marketing efforts.
- Research Spotlight: FacebookResearch Spotlight: Facebook helps you focus on the most popular social network today. Get the research insights you need to create successful Facebook campaigns. Learn who's on Facebook, what they're doing, and how best to reach them.
- Facebook Success StoriesWhen it comes to social networking sites, Facebook boasts the most loyal visitors on the Web. So it's easy to see why successful brands are embracing it as a platform to connect with customers. Facebook Success Stories gives you the real scoop on how 21 companies, including Adobe and Dunkin' Donuts, are pushing the social media marketing envelope using Facebook's tools and apps.