Customer Retention: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The Post-Purchase Experience: What Consumers WantAyaz NanjiConsumers say retailers and manufacturers of B2C products could most improve the post-purchase experience by offering better technical assistance, according to recent research from the CMO Council and LiveTechnology.
Four Steps to Maximizing Customer Lifetime ValueZaius [Sponsored Content]If customer lifetime value is not your top marketing metric, or at least one of the top metrics, you're missing out on a massive opportunity to grow revenue quickly and ...
E-Commerce Technology: Why Your ESP Is Not Enough, and What You Need InsteadZaius [Sponsored Content]Most e-commerce businesses are still being run on email service providers (ESPs) and a patchwork of point solutions, leading to disconnected marketing, fragmented customer experiences, and no way for marketers ...
Five Tips for Building Better Loyalty EmailsVivek SharmaEmail is a highly effective channel for delivering loyalty program content and experiences that get your first-time shoppers to stick around—and drive up your customer lifetime value.
Five Ways Brands Are Screwing Up Customer Engagement: How You Can Get It RightBrandon CarterWhat's so hard about engaging people who were already convinced enough about you to have made an initial purchase? These are five big mistakes companies make in their relationships with ...
Five Ways SaaS Companies Can Achieve Proactive Customer SuccessMatt ZelenIt seems so obvious: Businesses that take a proactive approach to customer success, going out of their way to anticipate customers' needs and offer help rather than waiting to be ...
Four Steps for Driving Customer Loyalty With Data SciencePauline BrownTo build loyalty and retain customers, marketing teams can take these four steps that improve customer insights and the overall customer experience—and build lasting customer relationships.
Customer-Experience Expectations: What Happens When You Don't Deliver [Infographic]Laura ForerWhat happens when your customers aren't happy? Poor customer experiences can affect your bottom line in more ways than you might know.
Video Marketing That Goes Down the Funnel, Not Down the DrainLisa BennettJust because we marketers understand the power of video doesn't mean we use it to its full potential. If you're not using video in all the stages of the marketing ...
Eight Myths E-Commerce Marketers Must Stop Believing InReshu RathiAt a time when tips and tricks for running an online business are so readily available, it should be easy to learn about achieving success. But how can you tell ...
Customer Retention: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Social Selling and the Modern Buyer: Jill Rowley Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJill Rowley issues a clarion call for salespeople to embrace social selling, or risk losing out as modern buyers increasingly direct their own journey.
Marketing Lessons From Lady Gaga: Author Jackie Huba Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBest-selling author and online marketer Jackie Huba shares marketing lessons from her book Monster Loyalty: How Lady Gaga Turns Followers Into Fanatics.
Three Customer Service Lessons From Dave 'United Breaks Guitars' Carroll on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDave Carroll is the man whose guitar United broke. He joined us to discuss his book, titled United Breaks Guitars, about the experiences that led up to his now famous music video, lessons he learned along the way about social ...
Customer Retention: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How a Well-Run Customer Advisory Board Can Help Your Company Collect Corporate and Product Feedback to Expand RevenueBroadcast on 3/16/2017 with Eyal Danon, Gavin NathanIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the essential elements for creating and managing a world-class CAB program. You'll learn how to set up a customer advisory board, how to run effective in-person and remote meetings, and how to turn those meeting insights into actions that will help you retain customers and positively impact your bottom line.
- Hug Your HatersBroadcast on 1/12/2017 with Jay BaerIn this PRO seminar, you'll find out why you need to hug your haters and embrace complaints. We'll share specific frameworks for answering them, tips on how to handle trolls, why you need to answer every complaint, in every channel, every time, and more. You'll leave with actionable advice and tactics to keep your customers and grow your business.
- Create Meaningful Experiences for Your BrandBroadcast on 4/21/2016 with Brian SolisIn this PRO seminar, Brian Solis shares why great products, creative marketing, and delightful customer service are no longer enough to win customers. We'll explain why the future of business is experiential and show you how to create and cultivate meaningful experiences.
- The Art of Retention: How to Create Customers for LifeBroadcast on 7/17/2014 with John MorganIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to implement key strategies that will increase brand loyalty with your current customer base, so you don't have to constantly chase down new prospects. You'll walk away with an action plan to ensure your customers look forward to doing business with you again.
- Leveraging Email, Mobile, and Social Media to Engage and Retain CustomersBroadcast on 11/18/2010 with Joel BookYou'll discover how two innovative companies—ScottsMiracle-Gro and Volvo Construction Equipment—integrate email, mobile and social media to attract, engage and retain customers.
- Sure-Fire Tips for Increasing Your Web ConversionsBroadcast on 9/30/2010 with Amy AfricaDesigning an effective website that generates leads for your business and converts leads to sales is a huge challenge. Amy Africa has perfected the art and science of Web usability and will supply you with tons of proven tactics to increase conversions.
- Marketing in an Economic MeltdownBroadcast on 10/10/2008 with Michael GoodmanEveryone is buzzing about the U.S. economic mess, but are you simply wondering how your business should react? Come hear the smart moves that six highly-regarded marketers think you should make—and dumb moves to avoid.
- Proven Ways to Create Engaging Online Customer ExperiencesBroadcast on 8/21/2008 with Denise ShiffmanIt isn't a blog or wiki that will set your company apart from the competition and engage loyal and passionate customers. Nor is it a quality product or value-added service, although that’s a good start. This is the Age of Engage...
- How to Market Consulting and Professional ServicesBroadcast on 5/1/2008 with John DoerrHow you market and sell consulting, technology and professional services differs substantially from how you market products. Generating leads, closing new business, and keeping existing clients happy and continuously buying your services requires a different outlook, different tactics, and different execution.
- e-Newsletters: Get Attention and Build LoyaltyBroadcast on 2/22/2007 with Nick UsborneDuring the course of this seminar you will be taken through each of the steps necessary to create a quality newsletter that will hold the long-term attention of your readers and deliver revenue.
Customer Retention: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Customer Engagement—How to Turn a Negative Into a PositiveReleased on 10/24/2014 with Jeannie WaltersIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to handle customer experience mishaps with finesse. You'll also learn how to create a greater level of brand trust and loyalty despite the customer issue, and ultimately, how to turn an unhappy customer into a loyal one.
- Take 10: Using Email to Nurture Your Leads on a BudgetReleased on 3/16/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to effectively nurture your leads via email without breaking the bank.
- Take 10 Author Series: How Everything You Learned About Motivation Is Wrong—And How to Do It RightReleased on 12/9/2011 with Daniel H. PinkIn this Take 10, Dan debunks the many myths surrounding motivation and offers a number of tips and tricks for cultivating a true culture of motivation in the workplace.