Brand Awareness: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The New Branding: Five Tips for Creating Shareable Brand ExperiencesPeter BeckToday, branding is not about slapping logos on various media. To grow, your brand needs to be providing consumers with disruptive—that is, memorable and sharable—experiences.
The Companies With the Best (and Worst) Reputations With US ConsumersAyaz NanjiE-commerce giant Amazon.com has the best overall reputation with US consumers among well-known companies, according to recent research from The Harris Poll.
How to Measure Your Content Marketing Efforts [Infographic]Laura ForerHow do you measure your content marketing efforts? Start by looking at key metrics at specific stages of the customer journey: awareness, consideration, and conversion. This infographic walks you through ...
Before Building Brand Awareness, You Need to Assess Brand Value. Here's How to Do Both.Dara TresederImagine you're tasked with planning a trip. Now imagine trying to do that without knowing the trip's starting point... Tough, right? It's the same with a brand-awareness campaign. You won't ...
Three Takeaways for Marketers From the Repositioning of Brand Taylor SwiftKatie L. FettingMany of us in marketing recognize that Taylor Swift is a cunning, calculated positioning savant, and the new, edgy, and angry Taylor is nothing but a brand refresh. Here are ...
Event Marketing Effectiveness: Three Key Factors to Consider Before Investing in an EventPrerna KatyalThis article provides a tool for B2B marketers—the "event effectiveness matrix"—to evaluate events and choose the one with highest lead-generation potential.
The 10 Most Valuable Global Brands in 2017Ayaz NanjiApple and Google are the two most valuable global brands, according to recent research from Interbrand.
Is There Such a Thing as a 'Brand Fail' Anymore?Dan BrotzelWhen corporations mess up, the online outrage and media recrimination seem devastating. But, these days, the result is often increased brand awareness. What does a business have to do to ...
How Digital Ad Frequency Impacts Awareness and Purchase IntentAyaz NanjiExposing consumers to digital ad campaigns multiple times increases brand awareness and purchase intent, but the benefits diminish after a certain point, according to recent research from Nielsen.
The Google Search Volume of Major Brands vs. Challenger Brands [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiHow much more are major, established brands searched for on Google compared with smaller, challenger brands? An analysis by SLANT examined Google search trend data for 20 categories in the ...
Brand Awareness: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
'Name That Brand': Naming Expert Mike Pile on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneA brand's name can make or break a business. Naming expert Mike Pile of Uppercase Branding shares his secrets for winning the high-stakes name game.
Mastering 'The Physics of Brand': Dan Wallace, Aaron Keller, and Renee Marino on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneThe co-authors of The Physics of Brand share insights from the book on building a valuable brand. Authors and marketing experts Dan Wallace, Aaron Keller, and Renee Marino discuss who drives the majority of buying decisions, how you can connect ...
Fun and Games (and Marketing): Loaded Questions' Eric Poses on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneEric Poses, creator of the game "Loaded Questions," talks game marketing, social media, crowdfunding, and more.
Innovation in Marketing: Ford's Angie Kozleski Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFord Motor Company's global marketing and digital communications manager, Angie Kozleski, discusses Ford's approach to influence marketing, blogger outreach, event marketing, and social media.
Power Up Through Experiential Marketing: Shell's Chris Hayek Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris Hayek, director of global brand management for Shell Lubricants, explains his approach to integrated marketing, communicating innovation, and creating experiences that bring the brand to life for consumers.
Brand Awareness: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- A PR Primer for Marketers: Five Steps to Bigger Buzzwith Katelyn HolbrookIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn about five simple, yet effective, ways to drive positive media coverage, establish thought leadership, and build brand buzz. You'll get practical advice on how to deploy public relations tactics in your organization and see real-world case studies that demonstrate how other brands have succeeded with PR.
- Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Agewith Mark W. SchaeferIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the secrets to professionally standing out based on acclaimed author and speaker Mark Schaefer's new book, KNOWN: The Handbook for Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Age. You'll learn how to approach your Web presence so you can create the proper authority, reputation, and audience to realize your potential and achieve your goals, whatever they might be.
- Amplify Your Marketing With Brand Metaphorswith Jeremy MillerIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to amplify your marketing using brand metaphors. We'll walk you through seven archetypal metaphors that span across countries, cultures, languages, and dialects. You'll also learn a step-by-step process to discovering your ideal brand metaphor and how to use it to engage and persuade your audience.
- Empower Your Employees to Be Brand Advocateswith Tom GimbelIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to find outgoing, enthusiastic brand advocates within your existing employee base. You'll leave armed with data proving the worth of employee advocacy and the steps to build your own program.
- How to Build Your Podcast Brandwith Nick WestergaardIn this PRO seminar, we'll walk you through how to get started in podcasting—from understanding its current state to the mechanics and equipment needed to begin. You'll learn how to develop a podcast that both aligns with your brand promise and engages your audience. We'll also share techniques on how to turn your current listeners into brand advocates, and you'll walk away with actionable tips you can start using right away to take your podcast from good to great.
- In this PRO seminar, we'll guide you through the brand storytelling tips, tools, and techniques you'll need to create something your audience can't resist—and that they won't get tired of sharing.
- How to Integrate Your Brand's Story Into Your Marketing Arsenalwith Jennifer KaneIn this PRO seminar, we'll move beyond the hype of storytelling and share the essential components of all good stories. You'll receive hands-on, practical advice on what to do after your story is developed and how to strategically weave it into your content marketing plan. We'll also discuss best practices on how to publish and distribute your story to increase audience engagement and improve your ROI.
- This PRO seminar is not just relevant for the global marketer, as you'll also learn how customer experience innovation in one market propels a company's competitiveness and growth across the globe.
- How to Create a Monster Fan Basewith Jackie HubaThis PRO seminar will share seven of Lady Gaga's success lessons that can be applied to any brand. Be sure to tune in, and learn how to build a strong and loyal base!
- How to Become a Trusted Brand and Industry Leaderwith John MorganIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to position your brand as a go-to authority in your industry. We'll discuss how to increase your visibility and explore the critical difference between marketing and branding (and how an understanding of that difference can help you).
Brand Awareness: Tutorials - tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Build a Scrappy Brand BlueprintReleased on 7/22/2016 with Nick WestergaardIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to build a five-part blueprint you can use to grow your brand's presence on any budget. You'll leave with actionable steps to create a clear and consistent brand experience across all channels.
- Take 10: Personal Branding Strategy—How to Get FamousReleased on 1/1/2016 with Jeremy MillerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to grow your personal brand by scaling your influence. We'll share steps on how to stand out online, engage your audience, and enhance your reputation. You'll learn how to grow your audience, and leverage content-creating habits that drive results.
- Take 10: Three Steps for Using Influencer Video to Increase Your Bottom LineReleased on 8/7/2015 with Mark LernerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three simple steps to source quality influencer video and use it to impact your bottom line in a meaningful and measurable way. Using these steps, you'll be able to implement a strategy that will help you reach your goals and give you a leg up on the competition.
- Take 10: Three Steps to Creating Elite Brand AmbassadorsReleased on 4/10/2015 with Robin SamoraIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to identify employees or subcontractors as a brand ambassadors who can represent your product, service, or brand. We'll discuss how to educate them on your company's unique story, company values, and how to help you attract new talent to keep your brand top of mind.
- Take 10: How to Create an Emotional Connection with a CustomerReleased on 5/9/2014 with Christine M. BarneyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three easy steps to determine the type of brand you are, build your brand's reputation, and tune in to your customers' needs. Armed with this knowledge, you'll guarantee the customer experience matches the brand promise and turn fence-sitters into evangelists.
- Take 10: Three Critical Steps to Launching Your Audio BrandReleased on 4/25/2014 with Colleen FaheyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to identify your brand's key values and you'll discover how to turn these values into a musical vocabulary unique to your brand.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Build a Trusted BrandReleased on 5/10/2013 with John MorganIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn six tips that will help you become a trusted brand with loyal customers!
- Take 10: Pinterest Basics for B2B MarketingReleased on 3/9/2012 with Anne YastremskiIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the basics of Pinterest, so you can make an informed decision if it is right for your brand.
- Take 10: 6 Ways to Take Advantage of Photo Strips on Your Facebook PageReleased on 6/17/2011 with Paul ChaneyIn this Take 10, internet marketing specialist Paul Chaney demonstrates how you can take advantage of the Photo Strip feature on your Facebook Page. He offers ideas for getting creative in your Photo Strip pictures and shares different approaches for using the feature.
- Take 10: Everything You Need to Know About LinkedIn EventsReleased on 10/8/2010 with Jason AlbaTake a quick 10-minute tour of LinkedIn Events with expert Jason Alba, who spells out not only how to access and use the Events application, but also how to wield its branding and word-of-mouth powers.
Brand Awareness: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Influencer Marketing Success StoriesInfluencer Marketing Success Stories features 13 companies that have leveraged the influence of outspoken opinion-makers and ordinary online reviewers to achieve their marketing objectives. With examples including Forbes Digital and Virgin America, this new Case Study Collection will show you how use influencer to boost brand awareness, introduce new products, increase sales, and more.
- Facebook Success StoriesWhen it comes to social networking sites, Facebook boasts the most loyal visitors on the Web. So it's easy to see why successful brands are embracing it as a platform to connect with customers. Facebook Success Stories gives you the real scoop on how 21 companies, including Adobe and Dunkin' Donuts, are pushing the social media marketing envelope using Facebook's tools and apps.
- Branding and Brand EquityThere isn't a single marketing topic that has dominated the last decade of the field of marketing than Branding. And, although it's certain you have at the very least put your toe in the water of the great Branding Lake, you will get nothing but good advice, confirmation of your strategies and tactics, and probably even some new ideas from this Marketing Guide.
Search by Topic
- Ad Copy
- B2B Marketing
- Blog Comments
- Brand Ambassadors
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Equity
- Brand Loyalty
- Brand Management
- Brand Positioning
- Career Management
- Case Studies
- Channel Marketing
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Consumer Electronics
- Content Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Corporate Blogging
- Creative Briefs
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Behavior
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Experience
- Customer Insight
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Relationships
- Customer Retention
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Theory
- Direct Marketing
- Economic Crisis
- Email Campaigns
- Email Deliverability
- Email Lists
- Email Marketing
- Email Service Providers
- Email Subject Lines
- Green Marketing
- High-Tech Marketing
- Hiring Outside Resources
- Hispanic Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- International Marketing
- Job Search
- Landing Pages
- Lead Generation
- Lead Nurturing
- Lead Quality
- Lead Scoring
- Local Marketing
- Market Research
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing Budgets
- Marketing Challenges
- Marketing Dashboards
- Marketing Inspiration
- Marketing Operations
- Marketing Plans
- Marketing Smarter
- Marketing Smarts
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Tips
- Mobile Marketing
- New Media
- Online Marketing
- Permission Email Marketing
- Personal Branding
- Positioning Statements
- PPC Campaigns
- Press Kits
- Print Collateral
- The Role of Customer Empathy in the Future of Marketing by Michael Brenner
- How B2B Marketers Can Align With the Self-Directed Buyer Journey by Michael McLaren
- Close the Marketing and Sales Gap, and You'll Close More Deals by Helen Yu
- The Future of Marketing Organizations Post-Pandemic: Top 5 ... by Paige O'Neill
- How to Match Your Key Metrics to Your Content Goals by Kelsey Raymond