Data: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Too Much of a Good Thing? Take Your Data From Overwhelming to UsefulDun & BradstreetSo much data and so little idea what to do with all of it. Here's how to get a handle on all that data and put it to work for ...
The State of B2B Marketing Data Quality in 2018Ayaz NanjiB2B marketers increasingly believe data quality is key to successful campaigns but nearly half are not confident in the quality of their own data, according to recent research from Dun ...
How Data Can Lead You Astray: Six Costly MistakesWilliam GadeaWe have more data than ever before. And more data means better decisions, right? Not always, because numerical mirages can lead us astray. Here are six ways stats can let ...
Your Marketing Data Isn't Just for Insights: It's Worth Much More Than ThatJessie KernanYour data is more valuable than you may know. These three strategies will help you maximize the value of your data and use it to achieve marketing and business objectives.
The Staggering Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiEach minute of the day, users of the Internet watch 4.3 million YouTube videos and conduct 3.9 million Google searches, on average, according to recent research from Domo.
From Data to Actionable Intelligence: How Not to Sabotage Good Data With Bad ReportingJennifer ScheerYou have data, but that doesn't mean you have actionable intelligence. Knowing how to report on that data is what helps you tell the stories you want to share. And ...
10 Steps Marketers Can Take to Prepare for 'California's GDPR'Abdul RastagarPhew—you survived GDPR! Time to relax and... wait, what? The California Consumer Privacy Act was recently passed? Here's how marketers can get ahead of the competition by preparing for the ...
The Top Five KPIs Online Marketers Should Be Tracking [Infographic]Laura ForerWith so many metrics to be measured, how can marketers focus their energy on the most important ones? Tracking and improving these five KPIs can have a big impact on ...
Relationship Marketing and GDPR: Avoiding the Traps of Personalization Data and Targeting TechJohn HernandezIf your data practices are GDPR-compliant, you don't have to worry, right? But marketing technologies and techniques that use consumer data for targeting and personalization can still put you in ...
Six Ways Bad Data Can Cost You, and Five Tips for Cleansing It [Infographic]Laura ForerIs your data as clean and fresh as it can be? If not, your campaigns may be underperforming. See what you're missing out on and how to cleanse your data.
Data: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
ABM, Martech Trends, and the Importance of Data Hygiene: DiscoverOrg's Katie Bullard on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKatie Bullard, president at sales and marketing intelligence company DiscoverOrg, discusses account-based marketing, marketing technology, and the critical importance of cleaning your data.
Doing Well, Doing Good, and Doing Right: Nichole Kelly Explains 'Conscious Marketing' on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNichole Kelly, chief consciousness officer at Conscious Marketing Institute and author of How to Measure Social Media discusses "conscious marketing" and explains why marketers need to embrace transparency and use the data they collect to benefit consumers.
Marketing Drives Revenue, and Now You Can Prove It: Radius SVP Shari Johnston on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneRadius Senior Vice-President of Marketing Shari Johnston discusses how marketing operations has evolved so that Marketing now directly contributes to an organization's revenue strategy.
B2B Data-Driven Marketing: Author Ruth Stevens on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneRuth Stevens discusses her new book, B2B Data-Driven Marketing, shares tips on how to collect and use data to improve B2B marketing results, and offers insights from her time as a senior marketer at companies like Time Warner and IBM.
Why Real-Time Data Is Not Fast Enough Anymore: Tim Hayden of Zignal Labs on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneZignal Labs Vice-President of Marketing Tim Hayden discusses data-driven marketing and split-second analytics, and why email and Twitter are very much alive.
Data, TV, and the Limitless Focus Group: 4C's Josh Dreller on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJoshua Dreller of data science company 4C offers insight into the lasting appeal of television and how data on viewing, combined with social data, can supercharge your message targeting.
Customer Data, Your Company's Untapped Goldmine: Kiki Burton of Adobe on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKiki Burton of Adobe offers offers a map for accessing the goldmine of customer insights your company doesn't even realize it's sitting on, and explains how you can use data management to grow your valuable audience.
Use Data, Experiences to Create Lifetime Customers: Sitecore's Lars Petersen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneLars Birkholm Petersen, author and global director of business optimization services at Sitecore, explains how brands can use data to create connected customer experiences across channels. He shares insights from the book Connect: How to Use Data and Experience Marketing ...
Omnichannel Marketing for Brands: Mark Schaefer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing consultant, speaker, and author Mark W. Schaefer discusses omnichannel marketing for brands, content shock, Big Data, and more.
Audience-Centric Marketing: Tom Webster Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTom Webster, vice-president of marketing and strategy at Edison Research, explains the simple shift in thinking that can help marketers to create more effective messages.
Data: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Predictive Analytics for Social Media Marketerswith Christopher PennIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn how to extract social media data from common applications such as social platforms, Google Analytics, and social monitoring tools. You'll then discover how to use state-of-the-art techniques to analyze and predict what to do next for your organization's success.
- Artificial Intelligence for Marketing: Getting Startedwith Jim SterneIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn about artificial intelligence and its useful features, including natural language processing and speech recognition. You'll discover the power of machine learning and understand how to make the most of these technologies to deliver better data insights, customer experience, and more.
- In this online seminar, you'll discover how to harness the power of analytics. From establishing clear business goals to improving the key performance indicators (KPIs) that matter most, you'll learn the specific steps needed to create an actionable analytics strategy that will provide campaign insights and performance metrics, and deliver the crucial benchmarks for success.
- Hack the Conversation: Discover Insights Through Social Datawith Jason FallsIn this PRO seminar, we'll share examples of companies using conversation research to drive product innovation, address customer experience issues, and inform messaging and communications. You'll leave with a practical approach to help you begin mining your online conversations to discover important data and insights.
- Secrets to Successful Data-Driven Marketingwith Ruth P. StevensIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore how B2B marketers can maximize business value from data about customers and prospects. We'll look at new data sources, how to keep data clean and fresh, and its top five applications in B2B. We'll also review three case studies from companies that successfully applied data to fuel sustainable business growth.
- In this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to determine and separate the most important data from the extraneous. You'll walk away with the tools to use relevant data to bring a sense of structure to the numbers, and gain the clarity and confidence to direct future marketing campaigns.
- The Power of More: How Knowing More About Your Website Visitors Drives Greater ROIwith Marc Engelsman, Ben YurchakThis seminar will delve into some of the challenges marketers face when extracting meaningful and actionable insights from their web analytics data and lead you to more—more leads, more conversions, more sales, more ROI.
Data: Tutorials - tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Interpret Data to Create Great ContentReleased on 9/26/2014 with Hana AbazaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn what data can drive key areas of your content marketing strategy, including content ideation and content distribution. You'll walk away with a clear understanding of how to interpret your data, and how to turn that insight into great content.
Search by Topic
- Ad Copy
- B2B Marketing
- Blog Comments
- Brand Ambassadors
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Equity
- Brand Loyalty
- Brand Management
- Brand Positioning
- Career Management
- Case Studies
- Channel Marketing
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Consumer Electronics
- Content Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Corporate Blogging
- Creative Briefs
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Behavior
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Experience
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Relationships
- Customer Retention
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Theory
- Direct Marketing
- Economic Crisis
- Email Campaigns
- Email Deliverability
- Email Lists
- Email Marketing
- Email Service Providers
- Email Subject Lines
- Green Marketing
- High-Tech Marketing
- Hiring Outside Resources
- Hispanic Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- International Marketing
- Job Search
- Landing Pages
- Lead Generation
- Lead Nurturing
- Lead Quality
- Lead Scoring
- Local Marketing
- Market Research
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing Budgets
- Marketing Challenges
- Marketing Dashboards
- Marketing Inspiration
- Marketing Operations
- Marketing Plans
- Marketing Smarter
- Marketing Smarts
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Tips
- Mobile Marketing
- New Media
- Online Marketing
- Permission Email Marketing
- Personal Branding
- Positioning Statements
- PPC Campaigns
- Press Kits
- Print Collateral
- Product Management
- 10 Shortcuts to Gathering High-Quality Whitepaper Content by Trisha Winter
- Three Problems Still Plaguing Online Shopping, and How to Fix ... by Claudine Bianchi
- 10 Email Subject Line Formulas to Skyrocket Your Open Rate by Brahim Belabbes
- Seven Simple (and Free) Keyword Research Tools Every Marketer ... by Aleh Barysevich
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing by Joe Forte