Email: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Email Personalization: The What, Why, and How of Hyper-Personalized Email [Infographic]Laura ForerEmail personalization has evolved from [first name] in an email to an entire series of emails customized for preferences and behaviors. Check out the future of hyper-personalized email and see ...
Are Brands Using Email and Marketing Automation Effectively?Ayaz NanjiMost marketers say their email automation and marketing automation skills are still works in progress and that they are not using many features effectively, according to research from GetResponse and ...
Best-Practices and Tips for Integrating Direct Mail Into Email Marketing CampaignsDennis Kelly, Nancy HarhutThere is wisdom in integrating direct mail into email marketing campaigns. Here are tips and best-of-breed guidelines for effectively doing so.
GDPR as Opportunity: How to Build Tighter Customer RelationshipsBryta SchulzGDPR's new consent standards will compel marketers to do what they need to be doing anyway: get to know and serve their customers better. Here are four ways to transform ...
The Impact of Saying Thanks in Email Subject LinesAyaz NanjiEmail subject lines that express gratitude tend to outperform email subject lines that do not, according to recent research from Cheetah Digital.
Eye-Tracking Study: Email-Signature Banner EffectivenessAyaz NanjiWhat types of email-signature banners draw the most interest? Does it help to include a call to action? Which are more effective: horizontally or vertically aligned units?
Seven Tips for Using Email to Build Customer LoyaltyYoav VilnerYour email program is vital for turning one-time buyers into loyal customers. Here are some tips to make your emails effective in improving customer retention and encouraging loyalty.
How 100 Retailers Engage New Email Subscribers [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiHow do retailers engage email subscribers in the first 45 days? Do people who have purchased from brands receive a different frequency of messages compared with email subscribers who have ...
How to Promote Loyalty Rewards Programs [Infographic]Laura ForerCreating a loyalty program is just a first step to customer engagement—you also must promote and maintain the program to keep customers excited and engaged. Here are some simple ideas ...
Email Personalization: What Consumers Want From Retailers [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiConsumers say the types of retail-email personalization that they value most are targeted promotions/discounts and tailored recommendations, according to recent research from Dynamic Yield.
Email: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Insanely Effective Email Tactics: Nancy Harhut on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDecision science expert and creative strategist Nancy Harhut shares email secrets from her upcoming B2B Marketing Forum presentation, "9 Insanely Effective Email Tactics You Can Use Tomorrow."
How to Turbo-Boost Email Reply Rates by Personalizing at Scale: Adithya Murali on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneInbound marketer Adithya Murali of Techwyse shares his secrets to creating highly personalized, targeted emails at scale that inspire people to reply and act.
How to Combat Email-Induced Insanity: SaneBox's Dmitri Leonov on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSaneBox COO Dmitri Leonov discusses email overload and offers suggestions for marketers hoping to keep their emails from being funneled into the "Later" folder.
Why Real-Time Data Is Not Fast Enough Anymore: Tim Hayden of Zignal Labs on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneZignal Labs Vice-President of Marketing Tim Hayden discusses data-driven marketing and split-second analytics, and why email and Twitter are very much alive.
Own Your Content Marketing: Owner Media CEO Chris Brogan on Marketing Smarts [Video]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris discusses his forthcoming book, Insider: Strategies and Secrets for Business Growth in the Age of Distractions. He also shares his incredibly successful approach to email and how he has used content marketing.
The Secret to Shareable Content: Syed Balkhi Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneEntrepreneur Syed Balkhi, creator of popular sites List25 and WPBeginner, shares tips for creating shareable content.
Email Marketing for Rebels: DJ Waldow and Jason Falls on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantAll rumors to the contrary, email marketing is not dead or dying. In fact, email is thriving, according to DJ Waldow and his co-conspirator Jason Falls, co-authors of the forthcoming book, The Rebel's Guide to Email Marketing, which explodes many ...
Email: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Nine Insanely Effective Email Tactics You Can Use TodayBroadcast on 3/15/2018 with Nancy HarhutIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll discover nine tactics that will get your prospects to open, read, and respond to your email without even thinking about it! You'll see numerous examples from various B2B verticals, and leave armed with the secrets to creating insanely effective emails that generate the results (and revenue) you seek.
- Email Marketing Master Course: How to Use Email to Build Customer RelationshipsBroadcast on 12/7/2017 with Adam Q. Holden-BacheIn this online seminar, you'll learn about all aspects of an email lead nurturing program, from initial awareness to post-purchase follow-up. You'll get insight, tactics, tips, and takeaways that you can implement to improve the email relationship-building campaigns for your business.
- From Awareness to Advocate: How to Build an Email Nurturing Campaign That Converts and Keeps Them Coming BackBroadcast on 11/16/2017 with MaryAnn PfeifferIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn how to develop an effective nurturing campaign strategy that will move your prospects from lead to (loyal) customer, helping you build an ongoing relationship to foster brand advocates. You'll also see some real-world examples of how these campaigns are used for B2B and B2C organizations to help you create a library of tactical ideas.
- Hello, It's Me... The Adele Guide to Doing EmailBroadcast on 4/20/2017 with Michael BarberIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn which email engagement tactics and best practices will ensure your emails stand out, get opened, and generate the ROI you seek. You'll leave with resources upon resources to help you develop awesome emails that Adele would open and approve!
- MarketingProfs Makeover: Email Copy That ConvertsBroadcast on 10/27/2016 with Joanna WiebeIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to write email copy that converts. Joanna Wiebe will review PRO member-submitted emails and show you how to blend the art of creative copy with the science of conversion optimization to generate more revenue and profit for your business. You'll leave with the tools to convert more subscribers into fans, more fans into customers, and more customers into happy referrers.
- Email Design for Non-DesignersBroadcast on 3/24/2016 with Justine JordanIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the basic design process. We'll explore design principles such as the use of white space, content hierarchy, color, images, and more. You'll discover how any marketer—no matter what skill level—can use this foundation to create effective communications and improve the performance of their email marketing programs.
- Eight Easy Ways to Amp Up Your Email List GrowthBroadcast on 12/10/2015 with Austin BlissIn this PRO seminar, you'll get actionable, no-cost strategies to collect the maximum quantity of email addresses and the tricks for keeping typos, errors, and bogus entries out of your database. We'll show you how to put these tips into action as well as how to effectively utilize third-party services to support your email efforts.
- MarketingProfs University: The Blueprint for Email Marketing SuccessBroadcast on 10/8/2015 with Karen TalaveraIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the components of a successful email marketing plan and gain an understanding of the rationale behind the must-have message types, hierarchies, and priorities. You'll leave with a blueprint that will enable you to effectively map and improve your own messaging.
- Leverage Email for B2B: Tips for Each Stage of the Sales FunnelBroadcast on 3/26/2015 with Karen TalaveraIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn several approaches to integrating email into the lead nurturing, prospect qualification, and customer progression process at every stage of the sales funnel. We'll explore how content marketing is a key component of the process, and why marketing automation and triggered emails are critical to success.
- MarketingProfs University: Customers Trump Analytics—Why Email Marketing Is About People, Not MetricsBroadcast on 12/4/2014 with Michael BarberIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the latest email trends and research, and dive into specific examples of email branding, acquisition, loyalty, and retention strategies. You'll learn how to maximize the return on your efforts through improved writing techniques, a deeper understanding of user groups and behaviors, and much more!
Email: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Avoid SpamtrapsReleased on 11/11/2016 with Austin BlissIn just 10 minutes, we'll share an overview of the incredible power of these innocent-looking email addresses. You'll learn what spamtraps are, what they look like, why they exist, and how they may have ended up in your email list. You'll understand the risks of traps and know how to respond if you have the misfortune of hitting them.
- Take 10: Four Ways to Increase Your Email Clickthrough RatesReleased on 1/8/2016 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, we'll cover four design and copy techniques that will get your subscribers to take action. We'll also show you how to measure the lift they give your campaigns.
- Take 10: Reduce Your Email Bounce RateReleased on 12/11/2015 with Austin BlissIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to reduce your email bounce rate for a fraction of the cost of replacing names. We'll share easy-to-use strategies that you can apply right away to help you reconnect with lost customers.
- Take 10: Shed Light on Email Traffic With Google AnalyticsReleased on 10/2/2015 with Michele KissIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to use campaign tracking to keep email traffic out of the dreaded "Direct Traffic" bucket in Google Analytics. You'll learn what reports and features you should use to better understand your site visitors and how to measure performance based on your own email goals.
- Take 10: Email Marketing Strategies—Out With the Old, In With the NewReleased on 5/15/2015 with Christina IngeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to align your email efforts with changing technology, increase open and click through rates, and grow your email ROI. We'll show you how to create a whole new life for your emails by sweeping away dusty, outdated practices.
- Take 10: Crafting Killer Subject Lines—Seven Techniques Your Target Can't ResistReleased on 3/6/2015 with Nancy HarhutIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to craft killer subject lines that will ensure your emails get opened. You'll learn how to master seven subject line techniques that will instantly increase your open and read rates.
- Take 10: Three High Impact Email Marketing Tests You Can Implement TodayReleased on 10/26/2012 with Hunter BoyleIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to implement a few quick and easy high-impact tests that will garner results.
- Take 10: Five Tips for Starting an E-Newsletter That People WantReleased on 3/2/2012 with Margie ClaymanIn just 10 minutes, learn the basics you need to know before you launch an e-newsletter: how to start (and grow) a list for your newsletter, how to create a manageable content plan for your newsletter, and how to retain your readers once you have them.
Email: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Email Essentials: Gmail Tricks of the TradeThis 39-page guide explains how to master Gmail. In it, you'll learn which steps to take to ensure that every one of your messages makes it into the inbox (or perhaps even into the esteemed "Primary" tab), how to establish lasting trust with both Gmail and its billion-strong user base, and how to push your Gmail marketing results to the next level.
- Email Essentials: The Keys to Increasing Open RatesIn this 24-page guide, we begin by introducing email open rates, current industry averages, and ways to maximize your data accuracy. Then, we delve into six key factors that greatly impact email opens and offer various tips for improving your efforts in these areas.
- Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelopePropel your email marketing efforts beyond the subject line. Read Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelope to learn how to convert your emails into money-making machines.