Benchmarking: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Email Open Rate Benchmarks for Sales MessagesAyaz NanjiMost sales emails sent by businesses are never opened by their intended recipients, according to recent research from HubSpot.
B2B Video Benchmarks for 2017Ayaz NanjiVideos created by B2B companies continue to be viewed mainly on desktop computers, and they are still mostly watched during the workweek, according to recent research from Vidyard.
3Q16 Email Marketing Benchmarks and TrendsAyaz NanjiThe volume of email that marketers sent in the third quarter of 2016 (3Q16) jumped 19.8% from the third quarter of 2015 (3Q15), according to recent research from Experian Marketing ...
E-Commerce 2Q16 Benchmarks by Device TypeAyaz NanjiTraffic to e-commerce websites is now almost evenly split between desktops and mobile devices, according to recent research from Monetate.
Triggered Email Benchmarks for E-Commerce BrandsAyaz NanjiMost e-commerce brands send between two and four types of triggered emails, according to recent research from Bluecore.
Email Open Rates on Mobile Devices by Industry, 2Q16Ayaz NanjiMost emails sent by marketers in the second quarter of 2016 were opened on mobile devices, according to recent research from Experian.
Social Media Follower-Growth Benchmarks for BrandsAyaz NanjiAs the world's population increases and more people join social networks, how much are brands' follower numbers growing? What qualifies as a "good" social media audience growth rate?
2016 Webinar Benchmarks for BrandsAyaz NanjiWhat's the average length of a brand webinar? Which days are the most popular for hosting events? How much engagement occurs afterwards?
Blog Benchmarks for BrandsAyaz NanjiWhat's the average length of a brand blog post? How many shares do blog pieces tend get on social media? Do post length and engagement differ between B2B and B2C ...
How to Benchmark Your Marketing Performance Against Your Competition'sAnna KayfitzCompetitive intelligence often takes a back seat to performance indicators that marketers are daily concerned with (open rates, social metrics, conversions...). But that solely inward focus can lead you astray.
Benchmarking: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
Benchmarking: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Using Market Frameworks to Analyze Your CompetitionBroadcast on 2/21/2013 with Sean CampbellIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use market frameworks to understand your market and analyze your competition, understand your own strengths, and uncover weaknesses you may not even know you have.
- Ten Best Practices for Performing Competitive TeardownsBroadcast on 7/26/2012 with Sean CampbellYou'll learn the do's and don'ts of acquiring competitors' solutions, methods to perform the teardown effectively and fairly, and how you can use the results to improve your marketing and sales collateral.
- Go Beyond Google: How to Gather Free B2B Competitive IntelligenceBroadcast on 2/4/2010 with Sean Campbell, Scott SwigartDiscovering insights about your B2B competitors requires tools, tips and some of your time. But not necessarily your money.
- Demolish the Roadblocks on Your Website: Clearing a Path for Customer Action, Sales and LoyaltyBroadcast on 1/21/2010 with Gerry McGovernTraditional marketing is about getting attention. Web marketing is about giving attention. Thereís a world of difference between the two.
- The Naked Truth: Insights from Our Social Media Marketing ResearchBroadcast on 1/14/2010 with Tim McAtee, Roy YoungGet the Full Monty on what 5,140 marketers are doing with social media in this look at our newest research results.
- Seven Fast-Acting Methods to Drive B2B Revenue NowBroadcast on 5/14/2009 with John CoeIs your B2B sales force stalled right now? As a marketer, it's up to you to help them overcome economic obstacles in meeting today's revenue goals.
- How to Craft a Winning Business Case for Your Marketing InitiativeBroadcast on 4/16/2009 with Pat LaPointeWhat does it take to get a business case approved these days? A thoughtful, comprehensive approach and a more credible financial framework than youíve likely used before.
- Green to Gold: Why Smart Companies Are Going Green (Even in a Recession)Broadcast on 2/12/2009 with Andrew WinstonWhy are the world's biggest, toughest, most profit-seeking companies talking about the environment? Simply put, because they have to. You should, too.
- Mobile Marketing: How to Harness the Power of the Small ScreenBroadcast on 11/20/2008 with Michael FoschettiMobile is becoming a powerful and personal channel for direct response marketing.† Have you added it to your mix yet?† Learn how!
- Crash Course #8: Email - The Power Channel in Direct Marketing TodayBroadcast on 2/15/2007 with Regina BradyPermission-based email is not only here to stay, itís become a driving force behind the way companies communicate with prospects and customers. You'll get an insightful look at this thriving marketing communications channel.
Benchmarking: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Benchmark Report: Marketing ROI (Year 3)In this 2007 survey, the third annual on ROI, respondents who use ROI for their marketing efforts expect greater growth and enjoy greater confidence from their senior management than respondents who don't use ROI.
- Marketing Metrics How-To GuideMetrics is the guiding light of your marketing efforts. Without measurements, you're operating in the dark. Make sure you are tracking the right metrics, and get tips on interpreting the data with this comprehensive guide.
- Competitive Analysis TemplateA thorough competitive analysis is a critical component of a solid marketing plan. It is an exercise that will provide you with valuable insights to guide the development of your business strategy. This 20-page template will make the project quick and easy, and you can end up with a leg up on your compeition.