Benchmarking: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Email Benchmarks: How Welcome, Birthday, and Win-Back Messages PerformAyaz NanjiDo welcome, birthday, and win-back email messages sent by brands make it into consumers' inboxes—and when they do, do they get read?
Email Deliverability Benchmarks: What Share of Messages Make It to Inboxes?Ayaz NanjiSome 20% of email messages sent by marketers never make it to their intended recipients' inboxes, according to recent research from Return Path.
Sales Cadence Benchmarks: How Often Reps Contact LeadsAyaz NanjiMore than half of leads given to sales teams are never contacted by a representative or they're contacted only once, according to recent research from InsideSales.com.
Email Engagement Rates by Day of the WeekAyaz NanjiEmails received on Fridays have the highest average engagement rates (opens, clicks, etc.), and emails received on Saturdays have the highest average conversion rate, according to recent research from Yes ...
Lead Generation Landing Page Benchmarks and Top Content TacticsAyaz NanjiLead generation landing pages that are short and use simple language have significantly higher conversion rates, according to recent research from Unbounce.
Facebook Advertising Benchmarks for 18 Industries [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiThe average clickthrough rate (CTR) for Facebook ads across all industries is 0.90%, according to recent research from WordStream.
Email Marketing Benchmarks: 4Q16 Average Open, Click, and Bounce RatesAyaz NanjiThe volume of email sent by marketers in the fourth quarter of 2016 rose 14% compared with the fourth quarter of 2015, according to recent research from Experian.
Snapchat Benchmarks for BrandsAyaz NanjiMost consumers find a brand's Snapchat account by being directed to the username, or by searching for the username, according to recent data from Snaplytics.
Email Open Rate Benchmarks for Sales MessagesAyaz NanjiMost sales emails sent by businesses are never opened by their intended recipients, according to recent research from HubSpot.
B2B Video Benchmarks for 2017Ayaz NanjiVideos created by B2B companies continue to be viewed mainly on desktop computers, and they are still mostly watched during the workweek, according to recent research from Vidyard.
Benchmarking: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
Benchmarking: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Using Market Frameworks to Analyze Your CompetitionBroadcast on 2/21/2013 with Sean CampbellIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use market frameworks to understand your market and analyze your competition, understand your own strengths, and uncover weaknesses you may not even know you have.
- Ten Best Practices for Performing Competitive TeardownsBroadcast on 7/26/2012 with Sean CampbellYou'll learn the do's and don'ts of acquiring competitors' solutions, methods to perform the teardown effectively and fairly, and how you can use the results to improve your marketing and sales collateral.
- Go Beyond Google: How to Gather Free B2B Competitive IntelligenceBroadcast on 2/4/2010 with Sean Campbell, Scott SwigartDiscovering insights about your B2B competitors requires tools, tips and some of your time. But not necessarily your money.
- Demolish the Roadblocks on Your Website: Clearing a Path for Customer Action, Sales and LoyaltyBroadcast on 1/21/2010 with Gerry McGovernTraditional marketing is about getting attention. Web marketing is about giving attention. There’s a world of difference between the two.
- The Naked Truth: Insights from Our Social Media Marketing ResearchBroadcast on 1/14/2010 with Tim McAtee, Roy YoungGet the Full Monty on what 5,140 marketers are doing with social media in this look at our newest research results.
- Seven Fast-Acting Methods to Drive B2B Revenue NowBroadcast on 5/14/2009 with John CoeIs your B2B sales force stalled right now? As a marketer, it's up to you to help them overcome economic obstacles in meeting today's revenue goals.
- How to Craft a Winning Business Case for Your Marketing InitiativeBroadcast on 4/16/2009 with Pat LaPointeWhat does it take to get a business case approved these days? A thoughtful, comprehensive approach and a more credible financial framework than you’ve likely used before.
- Green to Gold: Why Smart Companies Are Going Green (Even in a Recession)Broadcast on 2/12/2009 with Andrew WinstonWhy are the world's biggest, toughest, most profit-seeking companies talking about the environment? Simply put, because they have to. You should, too.
- Mobile Marketing: How to Harness the Power of the Small ScreenBroadcast on 11/20/2008 with Michael FoschettiMobile is becoming a powerful and personal channel for direct response marketing. Have you added it to your mix yet? Learn how!
- Crash Course #8: Email - The Power Channel in Direct Marketing TodayBroadcast on 2/15/2007 with Regina BradyPermission-based email is not only here to stay, it’s become a driving force behind the way companies communicate with prospects and customers. You'll get an insightful look at this thriving marketing communications channel.
Benchmarking: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Benchmark Report: Marketing ROI (Year 3)In this 2007 survey, the third annual on ROI, respondents who use ROI for their marketing efforts expect greater growth and enjoy greater confidence from their senior management than respondents who don't use ROI.
- Marketing Metrics How-To GuideMetrics is the guiding light of your marketing efforts. Without measurements, you're operating in the dark. Make sure you are tracking the right metrics, and get tips on interpreting the data with this comprehensive guide.
- Competitive Analysis TemplateA thorough competitive analysis is a critical component of a solid marketing plan. It is an exercise that will provide you with valuable insights to guide the development of your business strategy. This 20-page template will make the project quick and easy, and you can end up with a leg up on your compeition.