Customer Satisfaction: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The 2016 Retail Holiday Delivery Experience [Infographic]Laura ForerThe retail shipping process isn't always smooth, and a bad delivery experience can prevent customers from becoming repeat purchasers. But marketers can take steps to improve the delivery and shipping ...
The Yelp Effect: How to Deal With Negative ReviewsLee EvansAll businesses are on Yelp—whether they like it or not. Though managing your Yelp page can be a headache, it can also be an excellent platform for acquiring new customers. ...
Five Small Business Marketing and Retention Trends and ideas for 2017Jenny BeightolTraffic, acquisition, and sales have been critical priorities for marketers. Yet customer retention also plays a key role, though it is often neglected. Consider these marketing and retention trends and ...
Complacency May Be Ruining Your B2B Customer RelationshipsRobert JohnsonComplacency is the most common way that B2Bs destroy relationships with their customers. But B2Bs can learn a lot from successful B2Cs about keeping customers happy and satisfied.
Three Strategies for Involving Customers in New Product DevelopmentMostafa DastrasIf you're not identifying your customers' needs for new product development, you may want to reconsider. Here's why, along with three ways to involve customers.
Five Essential Reputation Management ToolsAleh BarysevichAn instant is all it takes to threaten your business's sterling reputation online. These five reputation management tools are some of the best for tracking mentions, discovering influencers, and managing ...
Why Everyone at Your Company Needs to Care About Customer ExperienceJiordan CastleTo provide a winning customer experience, every member of your workforce needs to make optimizing and improving the customer journey at every touchpoint a priority.
Five Things That Marketing Leaders Do to Inspire Deeper Customer EngagementTom CatesA company's personal connection with customers depends on the people who interact with those customers. Here's what good marketing leaders do to keep those connections open.
Mobile-First Marketing Will Keep You Ahead of the CompetitionStephen MoyersIs your marketing focused on mobile first? If not, your business risks being left in the dust by your mobile-first competitors.
Brand Admiration: Why Some Brands Are Loved Unconditionally (and What You Can Learn From Them)Josh ZywienWhen companies have high levels of brand admiration, they experience explosive revenue growth and improved cost efficiencies, and far greater access to the best talent and partnerships.
Customer Satisfaction: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The New Rules of Sales and Service: David Meerman Scott Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBest-selling author, speaker, and marketing expert David Meerman Scott discusses the radical change underway in sales and customer service, and shares tips for how businesses can succeed under these new rules.
Customer Frustration and Business Vulnerability: Stephen Beck Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChange expert and business consultant Stephen Beck discusses how focusing on customer frustration and business vulnerabilities can help you grow your company.
Three Customer Service Lessons From Dave 'United Breaks Guitars' Carroll on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDave Carroll is the man whose guitar United broke. He joined us to discuss his book, titled United Breaks Guitars, about the experiences that led up to his now famous music video, lessons he learned along the way about social ...
Have You Sat Down with Your Customer Lately? Patrick Schaber and Joe Sorge on Marketing Smartsby Matthew GrantWhether you are selling complex technical systems or burgers with fried pickles on them—like my guests in this week's Marketing Smarts—you need to understand your customers and interact with them face-to-face.
Customer Satisfaction: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Hug Your HatersBroadcast on 1/12/2017 with Jay BaerIn this PRO seminar, you'll find out why you need to hug your haters and embrace complaints. We'll share specific frameworks for answering them, tips on how to handle trolls, why you need to answer every complaint, in every channel, every time, and more. You'll leave with actionable advice and tactics to keep your customers and grow your business.
- Create Meaningful Experiences for Your BrandBroadcast on 4/21/2016 with Brian SolisIn this PRO seminar, Brian Solis shares why great products, creative marketing, and delightful customer service are no longer enough to win customers. We'll explain why the future of business is experiential and show you how to create and cultivate meaningful experiences.
- Take on the World: Compete Globally with Customer Experience ManagementBroadcast on 10/17/2013 with Liz HighThis PRO seminar is not just relevant for the global marketer, as you'll also learn how customer experience innovation in one market propels a company's competitiveness and growth across the globe.
- MarketingProfs University: Understanding and Engaging Today’s Connected BuyerBroadcast on 6/7/2012 with Tony ZambitoThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Digital Advertising Academy will get you inside the minds of your buyers and cover why understanding them is the first step to successful branding, marketing, and demand generation.
- Seven Fast-Acting Methods to Drive B2B Revenue NowBroadcast on 5/14/2009 with John CoeIs your B2B sales force stalled right now? As a marketer, it's up to you to help them overcome economic obstacles in meeting today's revenue goals.
- Reaching Your Prospect's Inbox: Better Email DeliverabilityBroadcast on 5/10/2007 with Craig SpiezleAttend this seminar and get a Microsoft insider's view on how you can improve your odds of getting your messages to the right destination. This content is relevant to anyone doing serious email marketing today.
- The Ultimate Question, with Fred ReichheldBroadcast on 7/11/2006 with Fred ReichheldFred Reichheld believes that too many companies are addicted to bad profits that come at a customer's expense. While bad profits often boost short-term earnings, in the long run they burn out employees, alienate customers, and undermine growth.
- Managing Customers As Long Term InvestmentsBroadcast on 9/29/2005 with Professor Sunil GuptaThis seminar we will show that marketing executives need to think about the two sides of customer value – the value that a firm provides to its customers, and the value that a customer provides to the firm.
- Marketing Metrics: Linking Marketing to Financial ConsequencesBroadcast on 5/5/2005 with Professor David ReibsteinThis seminar will show you how to connect marketing spending to its financial consequences of marketing spending, and to not be satisfied with the connection to interim marketing metrics.
- Web Analytics: Best Practices in the Real WorldBroadcast on 10/22/2004 with Jim SterneLearn from examples of how some of the best companies around the world are applying Web analytics tools to raise revenue, lower costs and increase customer satisfaction. Examples include the likes of Hewlett-Packard, Amazon.com, Tommy Hilfiger, MSN, SAP and InterContinental Hotels. From the stories of these successful companies, you will learn practical approaches you can apply in your Web organization.
Customer Satisfaction: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Improve Website Effectiveness With an Optimized Contact PageReleased on 10/7/2016 with Krista MillerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create a contact page that will grow your business. We'll show you how to optimize your page's content and layout to ensure your visitors feel comfortable reaching out to learn more about your business. You'll leave with tips you can put into action right away to increase your contact page's effectiveness.
- Take 10: How to Create and Leverage Testimonial VideosReleased on 8/26/2016 with Marsha DrukerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn everything you need to get started creating testimonial video content for your company's marketing efforts. We'll show you how to harness the art of storytelling for better videos, along with various ways to promote the finished product across your website, social channels, and marketing campaigns. You'll walk away with actionable steps to plan, create, and leverage effective testimonial video content.
- Take 10: Customer Engagement—How to Turn a Negative Into a PositiveReleased on 10/24/2014 with Jeannie WaltersIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to handle customer experience mishaps with finesse. You'll also learn how to create a greater level of brand trust and loyalty despite the customer issue, and ultimately, how to turn an unhappy customer into a loyal one.