Direct Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Head-to-Head: Direct Mail vs. Email [Infographic]Laura ForerDirect mail versus email: Which is more effective, and which gives the best ROI? It's not a zero-sum game. Check out this infographic from the UK for more.
Six Building Blocks of a High-Converting Lead Generation FormAshley WalshLet's be honest: Website visitors hate to fill out your lead generation forms. Luckily, there are proven ways to reduce form friction and get prospects to hand over their valuable ...
The Top Digital Channels for Generating B2B LeadsAyaz NanjiB2B marketers say email, organic search, whitepapers, webinars, and LinkedIn are the most effective digital channels/tactics for generating leads, according to recent research from DemandWave.
The Top 20 Digital Marketing InfluencersAyaz NanjiWho reaches the most digital marketers on social media? Which influencers have the biggest impact on digital marketing discussions in the United States?
How Much Time Do Employees Spend on Social Media at Work?Ayaz NanjiTwo-thirds of workers in the United States say they check social media while on the job, according to recent research from Bambu by Sprout Social.
Sales and Marketing Collateral: A Guide to Printing MaterialsNicholas BrownPrint collateral is still an important sales and marketing medium. To produce strongly branded, high-impact print media, you need to know what materials work best together. So here are must-know ...
Which US States and Cities Have the Highest Ad Click Rates?Ayaz NanjiAmericans living in the South, on the East Coast, and in eastern Midwest states are much more likely to click on digitals ads than the rest of the country is, ...
The State of Digital Video AdvertisingAyaz NanjiMarketers are reprioritizing video advertising budgets, shifting their spend from traditional to digital video, according to a recent report from Aol.
Three Questions to Help You Decide Whether to Start Using VineJenne BarbourThe social video platform Vine can be a fantastic branding tool when used well. But first ask yourself these questions to see whether Vine fits in your digital strategy.
Generation Gap: Online Content Consumption and AgeAyaz NanjiHow do the online content consumption habits of Millennials, Generation Xers, and Baby Boomers differ?
Direct Marketing: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Revitalizing a 150-Year-Old Brand: Simon Perkins of The Orvis Company on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSimon Perkins, director of brand marketing at The Orvis Company, tells the story of how the oldest mail-order retailer in the United States evolved into an international outdoor lifestyle retailer with more than $340 million in annual sales.
How Fulfillment Giant Pitney Bowes Is Powering Modern Marketing: Grant Miller on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneHow does a postage meter company thrive in the era of digital marketing? By powering location technology for Twitter, for one. Grant Miller of Pitney Bowes shares the company's agile development philosophy—and more.
Direct Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Project Manage Like a Pro: 3 Expert Tips to Streamline Reviews and ApprovalsBroadcast on 4/25/2017 with Ashley Spurlock, Kelly SantinaJoin us for this free seminar as we uncover three ways you can work smarter to reclaim your wasted time on reviews and approvals. Sponsored by Workfront
- How to Create Advertising Campaigns that Make Men Do What You WantBroadcast on 5/28/2009 with Steve McNamaraNow's your chance to learn how to think like the Creative Director of a bigshot ad agency.
- Small Business Series: How to Advertise on a Modest BudgetBroadcast on 10/19/2007 with Michael GoodmanMichael Goodman has been responsible for annual advertising budgets ranging from a few thousand dollars to millions of dollars, in consumer, B2B, services, information, entertainment and not-for-profit situations. He’s learned advertising from recognized masters of the craft, and stumbled across some truths on his own.
- Testing, Testing -- The Last (and Best) Direct Marketing TacticBroadcast on 3/15/2007 with Bill BairdYou'll learn exactly how to test, what to test, and where to test to maximize your marketing ROI. You'll leave with concrete principles and practical, real-life case study examples in both B2C and B2B environments.
- Crash Course #9: Direct Marketing Techniques for B-to-B Lead GenerationBroadcast on 3/1/2007 with Ruth StevensIn this seminar you will learn the essentials of generating qualified leads and tracking them to closure. Using examples from companies like IBM, Sprint, and Dun & Bradstreet, this seminar reviews the process of lead generation campaign planning and execution.
- Crash Course #8: Email - The Power Channel in Direct Marketing TodayBroadcast on 2/15/2007 with Regina BradyPermission-based email is not only here to stay, it’s become a driving force behind the way companies communicate with prospects and customers. You'll get an insightful look at this thriving marketing communications channel.
- Crash Course #7: Integrated Media Planning in B-to-B Direct MarketingBroadcast on 2/1/2007 with Ruth StevensIn this information-packed session, we will discuss the media opportunities available to B2B marketers for customer acquisition. We'll cover the standard workhorses, like mail, phone and trade shows, as well as the new options, like prospecting databases and insert media.
- Crash Course #6: Direct Marketing Creative SavvyBroadcast on 1/25/2007 with Lee Marc SteinThis 90-minute session will offer dozens of examples of good and bad creative. These examples will come from both B2B and B2C efforts, and from lead generation as well as direct sell campaigns.
- Crash Course #5: The Wide World of Direct Marketing on the WebBroadcast on 1/18/2007 with Jane WeberThis information-packed session will be a fast-paced scan of major online marketing trends and best practices. This session will offer examples from top marketers, including a successful magazine publisher.
- Crash Course #4: Integrated Media Planning in Direct Marketing to ConsumersBroadcast on 12/14/2006 with Shari AltmanIn this information-packed session, we discuss the strategic and operational issues that you need to consider when determining which combination of media are most suitable for reaching your target market.
Direct Marketing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Five Keys to a Better Direct Mail ListReleased on 8/21/2015 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, we'll share the different types of prospect lists available as well as tips to help you select the right list to reach new customers. You'll also learn how to enhance and segment your existing marketing data to drive better results from your direct mail campaign.
- Take 10: Five Scannable Hot Spots in Your Copy That Boost ResponseReleased on 11/7/2014 with Donna Baier SteinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to highlight the key selling points and calls to action by strategically placing them in the five hot spots your readers' eyes gravitate to. You'll walk away with tips on how to develop more persuasive and effective copy that is organized in a way that will encourage response.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Use Direct Mail More EffectivelyReleased on 4/18/2014 with Keith GoodmanIn just 10 minutes, we'll look at the anatomy of a successful direct mail piece, dive into six reasons why direct mail is (still) effective, and show you how you to boost the ROI of your direct mail campaigns.
- Take 10: How to Effectively Use Traditional Marketing in the Digital AgeReleased on 4/6/2012 with Elaine FogelIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how you can use traditional marketing (print advertising, direct mail, etc.) as the perfect complement to your digital marketing strategy.
Direct Marketing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Direct Marketing How-To Guide: Your Template for Optimal Media Selection for B2B MarketingFind out what's new, what's hot and what's not in B2B marketing trends.
- B2B Direct Marketing How-To GuideDirect marketing is one of the fastest changing disciplines within marketing today. What worked 10 years ago, isn't working today. Heck, what worked last week sometimes doesn't even work today, so keep your skills sharp with his How-To guide, focusing on the B2B market.