Pricing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Why People Abandon Online Shopping Carts and What to Do About It [Infographic]Laura ForerIf you could convince even a small portion of cart abandoners to buy, you'd be the marketing team hero! Get your cape ready because here's an infographic with pointers to ...
Ad Agencies Should Stop Charging Clients Up Front: Three Lessons From Jerry MaguireCarey DoddPerhaps it's time marketing and advertising agencies re-evaluated their mission statements and standard operating procedures. Here are three still-relevant catchphrases from Jerry Maguire that agencies can learn from.
Five Effective Neuromarketing Principles That Boost Marketing EffortsLaurynas SkupasNeuroscience can give marketers deep insight into what works and what doesn't in persuading customers to buy a product or service. These five neuromarketing principles will boost your marketing efforts.
Eight Subscription Models and Five Best-Practices for Your OfferingsVictoria DeRosaCustomers buy on convenience—because they want to make their job or their life easier. Automatic renewals are as easy as it gets. And from a business standpoint, it guarantees repeat ...
Five Ways to Compete Against Low-Price CompetitorsLaura PattersonAll of us face a low-cost or low-price competitor at one time or another. The solution isn't to lower your prices and engage in a price war; that just means ...
The Five Factors of Value That Drive B2B Sales and Protect Margins (Article 3 of 4)Mark EardleyHere's straightforward guidance on how to identify what your customers value, understand how value motivates B2B buying, break through the price barrier, and use value (i.e., create it) to justify ...
How to Increase Conversion Rate With Up-Selling, Cross-Selling, and Down-Selling MethodsShane BarkerBeing able to effectively increase your online conversion rate is among the major factors affecting the future success or failure of your business.
Is Commoditization an Issue for You? Here's What You Can Do About ItRick SteinbrennerMarketplace competitors can easily make your products or services a commodity so that everything comes down to price. How do you know whether you're being commoditized? And how can you ...
Seven Tips to Optimally Organize Your Pricing Page for ConversionsDimitar StojanovYou'll learn how to optimally display products or services on your pricing page, get your customers to choose the product you suggest, and use incentives and bonuses to increase conversion.
Smart Pricing Strategies for Generating Higher Conversions (Part 2 of 2)Rohan AyyarPricing is more than cost plus margin or lowering your prices just a tad below competitors'. Think like a buyer to zero in on profitable pricing strategies tailor-made for you, ...
Pricing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Five Common Pricing Roadblocks (and How to Get Around Them)Broadcast on 3/21/2013 with Heidi CohenThis PRO seminar will examine five major pricing challenges today's marketers face and how you can overcome them like a champ.
- Using Market Frameworks to Analyze Your CompetitionBroadcast on 2/21/2013 with Sean CampbellIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use market frameworks to understand your market and analyze your competition, understand your own strengths, and uncover weaknesses you may not even know you have.
- Small Business Series: How to Set Prices the Smart WayBroadcast on 8/17/2007 with Michael GoodmanPricing strategy is the sleeping giant of marketing strategy. The marketing mix element with perhaps the greatest potential to affect the bottom line and properly position a brand or a company with its target audience—yet the one most often relegated to a simple financial or sales decision, without regard for its impact on the brand. This seminar will address the role of pricing as a marketing tool, and ...
- Evaluating Marketing Mix TradeoffsBroadcast on 10/5/2006 with Andrew Pierce, Chris GibsonIn this fascinating case study, you'll hear how marketing strategists from Prophet helped United Healthcare achieve its goals.
- Using Pricing Strategy to Create Competitive Advantage in B2B Markets—It's Time to Change the GameBroadcast on 8/17/2006 with Joseph ZaleThrough several examples, we will discuss how to align prices and price structures to track with value, a pricing process that forces customers to acknowledge value.
- Writing a Marketing Plan for Entrepreneurs and Small Business: From Blank Page to PresentationBroadcast on 6/9/2005 with Michael FischlerA marketing plan is the single most important guidepost you’ll have to maximize effectiveness and minimize the risk of marketing. Learn how to get the most out of your marketing plan.
- Brand Building Basics: Profit from Your Company’s Greatest AssetBroadcast on 11/10/2004 with William ArrudaBranding is not just for the big guys or for products on the grocery store shelf. Companies of any size can benefit tremendously from the power of a strong brand. Branding doesn’t have to be costly to be effective. In this seminar, you will learn simple ways to make deposits in your brand bank without having to invest a small fortune.
Pricing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: A Crash Course in Pricing StrategiesReleased on 1/11/2013 with Heidi CohenIn just 10 minutes, you'll get a thorough overview of pricing strategies and options you'll want to consider before establishing a price for your products.
- Take 10: Four Ways to Monetize Local Daily DealsReleased on 5/18/2012 with Amy FowlerJust like everything else, there's a right way and a wrong way to add daily deals into your marketing mix. In just 10 minutes, you'll learn the right way to make daily deals lucrative for your business.