Personal Branding: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Market Yourself for a Marketing JobPayal BhatiaWhen you're looking for a marketing job, it helps to get meta and figure out your personal brand. Here are some useful tips to help you find the right position.
How to Unlock Your Marketing Career Potential in 2018As a marketer, you're used to marketing products and services. But what about yourself? Do potential employers know your value? Read on to find out how to set up your ...
How Useful Is an MBA for a Marketing Career?If you're looking to move your marketing career forward, you may have considered an MBA. But does the investment of time and money pay off? Read on to find out ...
The Art and Science of Personal Branding Online [Infographic]Laura ForerWhat's the first thing a potential employer thinks when he or she views your LinkedIn profile? Make sure you have a strong personal brand online to help create a positive ...
11 Tips for How to Be a LinkedIn Power User [Infographic]Laura ForerEven if you're not hunting for a new job, maintaining an updated LinkedIn profile can help you with future job prospects that you might not even know exist. Check out ...
How a Blog Can Help You Build a Personal Brand OnlineMilica SkocicTo build your online reputation and your personal brand, you need to present yourself as an expert, someone people will want to hire or buy something from. A blog is ...
Five Faces of the Gig Economy [Animated Infographic]Laura ForerThe world of freelancing has grown, and there's no longer one definition of what a freelancer is. Check out this infographic by LinkedIn ProFinder and Intuit to see five types ...
Now Is the Time for Developing Your Personal Brand: 26 TipsBarry FeldmanThe time for personal branding is now, and today is the best day to start developing your personal brand. Here are 26 tips, from A to Z, to help your ...
Eight SEO Trends to Expect in 2017 [Infographic]Laura ForerSearch engine optimization has been evolving continually, and numerous changes are expected in 2017, too. See these eight SEO predictions so you can plan ahead for success.
Four Career Lessons for Would-Be CMOs and CEOsClare PearsonA panel of senior business leaders at the MarketingProfs B2B Forum discussed their careers and offered advice on the path from modern marketer to CMO or CEO. These four common ...
Personal Branding: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
One You, Lots of Income Streams: 'Entrepreneurial You' Author Dorie Clark on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor, consultant, coach, and speaker Dorie Clark shares tips from her new book, Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams, and Thrive.
The Road to Recognition: Authors Barry Feldman and Seth Price on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDigital marketing experts Seth Price and Barry Feldman discuss how to balance your employees' personal brands with the corporate brand, and they share insights from their personal-branding book, The Road to Recognition: The A-to-Z Guide to Personal Branding for Accelerating ...
Enterprise Branding, Corporate Missions, and Women in Leadership: Alicia Tillman and Lisa Skeete Tatum Talk to Marketing Smarts at SAP Ariba LIVE [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAlicia Tillman, chief marketing officer of SAP Ariba, and Lisa Skeete Tatum, co-founder and chief executive officer of Landit, discuss enterprise branding, the importance of embracing a corporate mission, and women in leadership positions.
The Secret to Becoming Known: Best-Selling Author Mark Schaefer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing strategist, educator, and best-selling author Mark W. Schaefer shares insights from his latest book, Known: The Handbook for Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Age.
How to Promote Your Book (Even When You Have No Time): Fauzia Burke on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBook marketing and publicity expert Fauzia Burke has run campaigns for Mary Higgins Clark and Tom Clancy, among many others. Here, she shares tips from her recent book, Online Marketing for Busy Authors.
Evolving Your Personal Brand: Self-Made Millionaire Dan Lok on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea Gorgone"Millionaire Mentor" Dan Lok shares the story of how he overcame his early failures to grow a portfolio of successful businesses by mastering the power of marketing.
How to Become a Thought Leader (and Why You Should): Mitchell Levy on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMitchell Levy of Aha Amplifier explains how you can become a thought leader in your industry—and provides insight into why it's worth the effort!
Stand Out and Get Your Ideas Heard: Author Dorie Clark on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDorie Clark, author of Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It, explains how to use personal branding and thought leadership to enhance your career and get your breakthrough idea heard in the marketplace.
Simplicity, Purpose & Innovation: CMO Margaret Molloy Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSiegel+Gale CMO Margaret Molloy shares tips for creating a culture of innovation, creating effective B2B content marketing, measuring impact, and hiring the best marketers for your team.
Promote Yourself: Author Dan Schawbel Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBestselling author and millennial branding expert Dan Schawbel shares career tips and insights from his book, Promote Yourself: The New Rules for Career Success.
Personal Branding: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Agewith Mark W. SchaeferIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the secrets to professionally standing out based on acclaimed author and speaker Mark Schaefer's new book, KNOWN: The Handbook for Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Age. You'll learn how to approach your Web presence so you can create the proper authority, reputation, and audience to realize your potential and achieve your goals, whatever they might be.
- Brand Yourself: Busting the Nine-Second Barrierwith KiKi L'ItalienThis PRO seminar will teach you how to establish a cohesive personal brand, have better personal relationships, and live the life you were meant to live.
- 'Where's Waldo?' Getting Found and Gaining New Business on LinkedInwith Mark AmtowerLinkedIn is the near-perfect venue for attracting the types of customers you need for your business, but it is all too easy to be lost in the "crowd." This seminar provides tips and tactics that you can start using today to make sure you stand out and find business, from someone who uses LinkedIn successfully every day.
- You 2.0: Measuring (and Improving) Your Personal Brand on the Webwith William ArrudaGo to Google right now and do a search on your name. That's the first impression many people will have of you! Do you like what you see?
- Connecting the Dots: How LinkedIn Can Enhance Your Marketing (and Your Marketing Career)with Jason AlbaLinkedIn is said to be the leading online professional network. In this 90-minute seminar, you'll see LinkedIn used in a number of different ways as it is a tool that can enhance personal brands, help you with research, give you access to new networks, and portray you as the marketing professional you are.
- All About Brand You: Building a Stand-Out Marketing Careerwith William ArrudaWant to climb to the top of the ladder in your organization? Want to have managers from throughout the company seeking you out for advice? Want to advance your marketing career just by being yourself?Don't miss this seminar ...
- Google, The Secret Weapon for Career Successwith William ArrudaIn this web seminar, you will learn the secrets to building and maintaining stellar Google results. You’ll learn how to build your brand on-line so you can build a powerful reputation and expand your professional success.
- Marketing Career Turbocharger: Put Yourself in Overdrivewith William ArrudaThis seminar will give you everything you need to develop your own marketing career plan, including the latest trends in marketing careers and the tools you need to build your career plan for 2005. The seminar will cover examples of marketers who have achieved incredible success in their careers by using the techniques described.
Personal Branding: Tutorials - tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Personal Branding Strategy—How to Get FamousReleased on 1/1/2016 with Jeremy MillerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to grow your personal brand by scaling your influence. We'll share steps on how to stand out online, engage your audience, and enhance your reputation. You'll learn how to grow your audience, and leverage content-creating habits that drive results.
- Take 10: Four Steps to Personal Branding SuccessReleased on 9/6/2013 with Dan SchawbelIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn four steps to personal branding success, including how to set yourself apart from the crowd and how to maintain a spotless (and impressive) online reputation.
- Take 10: How To Create a Consistent and Professional Personal Brand Using Social MediaReleased on 12/7/2012 with Jill DuffyIn just 10 minutes, you'll get all the information you need to create a cohesive personal brand using social media and the Web.
- Take 10: Six Tips for Nailing Your Next (or First) JobReleased on 5/25/2012 with Heather RastThis Take 10 will give you timely and actionable tips for getting noticed by employers, keeping your competitive edge, and standing out from the crowd.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Fascinate People with 7 Key TriggersReleased on 9/30/2011 with Sally HogsheadIn this Take 10 Author Series webcast, Sally Hogshead explains how people and brands become fascinating. She discusses how to capitalize on your competitive advantage and identify your most fascinating trait.
- Take 10: Tips for Building Your Online Profile and Advancing Your CareerReleased on 9/3/2010 with William ArrudaPresenter William Arruda, president of Reach Personal Branding, gives you the top 10 tips for ensuring that your online profile presents the image that you want it to be. He talks about Google search results for your name, deadly digital dirt, the three Cs of branding, and more.
- Take 10: Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile in 11 Easy StepsReleased on 7/16/2010 with Jason AlbaLearn from Jason Alba how to create a LinkedIn Profile that is powerful, compelling and that makes a strong favorable impression on the viewer.
Personal Branding: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Conducting a Marketing Job SearchHere's your guide to landing that perfect marketing job. Complete with exercises, checklists, and a whole boatload of advice, you can be on your way to a better, more challenging, and more rewarding position.
- Your Career Management GuideAs marketers, you juggle many projects, priorities, and agendas all at the same time. This life of multitasking sometimes means you forget one of your most important professional projects: managing your career. Although we can't help you find the time to manage your career, this template to managing your career can tell you how. With exercises, checklists and step-by-step guidelines on how to make this lifelong project - your career - your biggest professional success.
- Managing Your Marketing CareerNot only does your job require you to keep up with the new trends and strategies of the day, so does your career. This guide, with advice from some of our top career specialists, will help you identify you're strengths and weaknesses (sound familiar?), your true soulmate of a job and the best strategies for landing it. Even if you already think that you've got the career thing under control, this guide will give you new ideas and the tools to get to where you want to go, and beyond!
Search by Topic
- Ad Copy
- B2B Marketing
- Blog Comments
- Brand Ambassadors
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Equity
- Brand Loyalty
- Brand Management
- Brand Positioning
- Career Management
- Case Studies
- Channel Marketing
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Consumer Electronics
- Content Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Corporate Blogging
- Creative Briefs
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Behavior
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Experience
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Relationships
- Customer Retention
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Theory
- Direct Marketing
- Economic Crisis
- Email Campaigns
- Email Deliverability
- Email Lists
- Email Marketing
- Email Service Providers
- Email Subject Lines
- Green Marketing
- High-Tech Marketing
- Hiring Outside Resources
- Hispanic Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- International Marketing
- Job Search
- Landing Pages
- Lead Generation
- Lead Nurturing
- Lead Quality
- Lead Scoring
- Local Marketing
- Market Research
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing Budgets
- Marketing Challenges
- Marketing Dashboards
- Marketing Inspiration
- Marketing Operations
- Marketing Plans
- Marketing Smarter
- Marketing Smarts
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Tips
- Mobile Marketing
- New Media
- Online Marketing
- Permission Email Marketing
- Personal Branding
- Positioning Statements
- PPC Campaigns
- Press Kits
- Print Collateral
- Product Management
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and ... by Eric Wanta
- Why Marketers Should Invest in the Stories Format and Stories ... by Thibaud Clement
- How to Craft a Concise B2B Sales Pitch in Limited Time by Kristen Bowie
- Top 5 Lesser-Known Social Media Tools to Improve Your Campaign ... by Lilach Bullock
- 10 Shortcuts to Gathering High-Quality Whitepaper Content by Trisha Winter