Collaboration: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Run a Meeting so Stuff Actually Gets Done [Infographic]Laura ForerMeetings have a reputation for being boring time-wasters, but when run well, they can—and should—help make things happen. Follow these tips to run efficient meetings that help people get work ...
How to Build a Master Content Calendar That Covers All Your BasesWhen you need to arrange complex information and track minute details, calendars are awfully helpful. Especially in content marketing.
Remote-Team Collaboration: Pros, Cons, Tools, and the Problems It Solves [Infographic]Laura ForerWorking remotely can be beneficial for both employees and companies, but the practice comes with challenges. Check out the infographic for tips on tools and troubleshooting that can help make ...
ABM: Balancing Technology and a Human Touch to Maximize Sales SuccessDavid RatcliffA lot of ABM and sales-enablement vendors talk about how companies can use technology to scale customer contact. Despite the promises about futuristic things like artificial intelligence, you'd be paying ...
Five Ways to Position Your Organization for Sales and Marketing Success in 2018Deciding where to focus your marketing and sales efforts in the coming year can be hard. So we reached out to experts, practitioners, and analysts and asked a simple question: ...
At the Altar of the Future: How to Successfully Wed Creativity to DataShravya KaparthiBy working in lockstep with data scientists, marketers can better understand who their targets are, what they desire, and what their challenges, behaviors, and motivations are. Marketers can then devise ...
#SocialSkim: LinkedIn's New Benchmark Tool; Facebook's Enterprise Software: 10 Stories This WeekChristian NeriThis week: LinkedIn's new tool helps measure your competition's growth; Facebook's quiet journey into enterprise software, plus new Group admin controls; how Twitter's edging toward profitability; cool ways to get ...
17 Tools Your Marketing Cannot Do Without in 2017Guy SheetritWhat marketing tools should your company be using right now? Here are 17 for 2017—some new, some tried and true, all totally useful.
Three Key Components of Effective Marketing and Content CalendarsGarrett MoonIf your marketing calendar is a cobbled-together spreadsheet, be prepared for a content-related nightmare. To maximize your marketing calendar's effectiveness, make sure these three components are in place.
A Blueprint for Hit Marketing Campaigns: Collaboration [Infographic]Laura ForerGetting people from various teams to collaborate on a marketing campaign can feel like you're herding cats. Here are some ideas on how to create a collaborative, connected team to ...
Collaboration: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Creating Brand Fans on a Grand Scale: Musician Peter Hollens on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMusician Peter Hollens built a following of more than 1.5 million YouTube subscribers through collaboration, a commitment to regular content, and audience feedback. The lessons he learned can help marketers build their own valuable audiences.
No Pain, No Gain: Jonah Lehrer Discusses Debate, Dissent, and Creativity on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantOne of the rules of traditional brainstorming is... "Don't criticize anyone's ideas." But does that work? "Criticism is really good for the imagination," Jonah Lehrer explains in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts.
Collaboration: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Host a Marketing Growth Hackathonwith Paul RoetzerIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how marketing hackathons bring together marketers, executives, and entrepreneurs to brainstorm and solve business growth challenges in an interactive, single-day event. We'll give you six steps to not only conduct your own marketing hackathon, but also to help you quickly identify campaigns with the greatest probability of impacting business results.
- Smarketing—What It Is and Why You Need to Master Itwith Peter StrohkorbIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the recent phenomenon of smarketing: sales and marketing working together to be competitive in the new buyer's journey. We'll share examples of highly collaborative companies that have applied smarketing and the role it played in their success. You'll leave with actionable advice on how you can introduce this concept to your organization and an understanding of the benefits it can offer.
- Turn Marketing Technology Into a Competitive Advantagewith Scott BrinkerIn this PRO seminar, you'll receive an overview of the current state of the marketing technology landscape and we'll discuss the principles by which you can harness it as a competitive advantage. You'll walk away with a better understanding of the intersection between marketing and technology, and gain tips to build a better relationship between marketing and IT.
- MarketingProfs University: Modern Sales and Marketing Alignmentwith Mathew SweezeyIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss modern strategies and sales tools for aligning your marketing campaigns to support sales goals and show you how to identify sales-ready leads using behavioral scoring. You'll learn specific techniques to predict future lead handoffs, hold sales accountable for passed leads, and put safety nets in place to catch any that fall through the cracks.
- In this PRO seminar, veteran sales and marketing strategist John Jantsch will outline today's customer perspective and how to collaborate effectively with your sales team to adapt to your customers' changing needs.
- Content Marketing Trends to Kick-Start Your Communications Planwith Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to give your communications plan a kick-start. Join us to draw inspiration from the best approaches and tactics in content marketing today.
- This PRO seminar uncovers eight of the best practices to help your organization (or your clients) accelerate down the path to sales and marketing collaboration nirvana.
- How to Avoid the Pitfalls of a Bad RFPwith Cal HarrisonThis PRO seminar will help consultants and other professionals to understand their options when faced with a bad RFP, explore how to overcome the most common problem areas, and how to maximize their chances for success if they choose to proceed.
- This PRO seminar will give marketers the resources and inspiration they need to collaborate with other departments. You'll learn how to turn employees into brand ambassadors who will enhance customer relationships, advocate branding compliance, promote trust, and help your business.
- Sales Messaging That Closes the Dealwith Tim RiestererDiscover how to develop content marketing messages that help your salespeople close the deal and convince prospects to choose you.
Collaboration: Tutorials - tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three Sales Metrics Marketing Should OwnReleased on 5/6/2016 with Samantha StoneIn just 10 minutes, we'll explain why it's time for marketers to take shared ownership of three traditional sales metrics and how, by doing so, you can improve collaboration and focus on activities which drive the business forward.
- Take 10: How to Create a YouTube Content Library With Google Hangouts On AirReleased on 4/17/2015 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the basic framework to build a content library of video with Google Hangouts On Air. This free and easy tool syncs up with your branded YouTube channel so you can build a content library with the support of experts, vendors, customers, and more. You'll also learn how to turn these videos into additional pieces of content to connect your brand with your target audience. And bonus—it'll help boost your SEO, too!
- Take 10: Hire, Outsource, or DIY—How to Assess Your Marketing NeedsReleased on 1/30/2015 with Christina IngeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to determine which projects you can DIY, and which projects you should outsource or hire a contractor to handle. We'll discuss the pros and cons of outsourcing, how to decide when to use it versus using in-house personnel, and how to communicate your needs clearly for the best results.
- Take 10: How to Develop a Dynamic Creative Briefing DocumentReleased on 1/2/2015 with R. Stephen RayfieldIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss the key components of a creative briefing document. You'll be able to take what you learned and develop a document that provides solid direction and parameters to your agency, internal marketing communications team, and/or any other group that has a hand in developing your product or brand campaign.
- Take 10: Communication Is Key—How to Organize a Successful Distributed Team MeetingReleased on 12/12/2014 with Pam DidnerIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to close the gap between cross-regional teams and establish an effective communications process. You'll walk away with best practices for rallying everyone to work towards the same goals and an agenda of healthy topics to address in your team meetings.
- Take 10: How to Collaborate Effectively and Turn Your Sales Team Into Marketing GroupiesReleased on 8/2/2013 with Peter GraceyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn quick, effective tips for collaborating with your sales team that will get them excited to sell harder and more effectively, ultimately turning them into marketing team groupies.
- Take 10: How to Generate Big Ideas in Small, Easy StepsReleased on 12/2/2011 with Alicia ArnoldThe "forced connections" approach requires you to think of relations between two unrelated concepts in order to generate new ideas. In just 10 minutes, learn how to use this exercise in the problem-solving process. Along the way, you will see how posing questions about the problem at hand can help you find a solution.
Collaboration: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Marketing Automation SuccessIn this 24-page guide, you'll learn step-by-step what to do to effectively plan, prepare, implement, assess, and improve your marketing automation program for optimal results.
- Marketing Automation Management: What It Is, Why You Need It, and Where It's HeadedThis 18-page guide will help you better understand the capabilities of marketing automation systems and how to make best use of them–plus, we provide resources for learning more.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- B2B Lead Generation: Marketing ROI & Performance Evaluation StudyMarketingProfs research studies the effectiveness and performance of lead generation comparing quantity to quality.
- SWOT Analysis How-To GuideThis comprehensive, step-by-step how-to guide will help you assess the position in the market of your product or firm, by identifying the product's Strengths and Weaknesses, by considering the potential Opportunities the product has in the marketingplace, and by assessing the potential Threats posed by either the competition or the marketplace.
- Benchmark Survey: Voice of the CustomerLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are incorporating the voice of the customer into their marketing, their product development, and their management. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.
- Sales & Marketing Alignment - Apr. 2005Need a little help getting your marketing efforts in sync with your sales efforts? Look no further. A 2005 study of MarketingProfs members worldwide found that companies that successfully aligned sales with marketing perform better in many sales measures than their “unaligned” competition. Aligned companies enjoyed 5.4% faster growth, 38% more proposals closed, 36% fewer customers lost, and 40% more new business coming from marketing leads than unaligned firms. Read the complete analysis and take advantage of the recommendations from this exhaustive report.
- Sales and Marketing AlignmentIn January 2005, MathMarketing and MarketingProfs obtained the views of marketing professionals from around the world about the alignment between Sales and Marketing. With 1390 detailed responses from businesses headquartered in 84 countries, we have a solid base of considered opinion. 32% of businesses see the alignment between Sales and Marketing as a ‘top three’ priority for the year ahead. This report has been prepared to shed light on why, and what these businesses are doing about it.
- Marketing ROI and the Sales FunnelIn this guide, you will learn how to structure, motivate and measure the marketing and sales functions to maximize profit. Topics include: 1) a high-level self-assessment to determine potential sources of profit leakage; 2) how to map out and improve strategies related to the buying cycle; 3) how to apply marketing ROI principles to create strategies to reduce and recycle leakage from the buying cycle; and 4) how to leverage insight on your key profit drivers and customer-level analysis to improve profitability.
Search by Topic
- Ad Copy
- B2B Marketing
- Blog Comments
- Brand Ambassadors
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Equity
- Brand Loyalty
- Brand Management
- Brand Positioning
- Career Management
- Case Studies
- Channel Marketing
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Consumer Electronics
- Content Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Corporate Blogging
- Creative Briefs
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Behavior
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Experience
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Relationships
- Customer Retention
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Theory
- Direct Marketing
- Economic Crisis
- Email Campaigns
- Email Deliverability
- Email Lists
- Email Marketing
- Email Service Providers
- Email Subject Lines
- Green Marketing
- High-Tech Marketing
- Hiring Outside Resources
- Hispanic Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- International Marketing
- Job Search
- Landing Pages
- Lead Generation
- Lead Nurturing
- Lead Quality
- Lead Scoring
- Local Marketing
- Market Research
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing Budgets
- Marketing Challenges
- Marketing Dashboards
- Marketing Inspiration
- Marketing Operations
- Marketing Plans
- Marketing Smarter
- Marketing Smarts
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Tips
- Mobile Marketing
- New Media
- Online Marketing
- Permission Email Marketing
- Personal Branding
- Positioning Statements
- PPC Campaigns
- Press Kits
- Print Collateral
- Product Management
- How to Create a Customer Journey Map to Optimize Your Campaigns by Tom Treanor
- Nine Cringey Mistakes in Marketing Writing and Content by Anja Skrba
- Why You Need a Modern Email Preference Center and How to Build ... by Jason Lark
- How to Deliver Personalized Content at Scale No Matter Your ... by Randy Frisch
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media ... by Elena Kutsopal