Email Lists: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Get Your Emails Read: How to Level-Up Your Inbox Game [Infographic]Laura ForerIt's easy to send an email to subscribers, but not so simple to make sure that email ends up in the inbox. This graphic (and game!) from ReturnPath outlines the ...
How Email Marketers Can Manage Their Database for Sales Funnel TrackingMaddie HartleAn effective B2B email marketing strategy has much less to do with email, per se, than you might think. The best programs nurture and engage leads while also working to ...
Seven Tips for Building a Killer Email List [Infographic]Laura ForerAn email list is a key part of any marketing strategy, so check out this infographic with seven tips for building your list.
The Most Effective Tactics for Growing Email ListsAyaz NanjiMarketers say social media advertising is the most effective tactic for growing email lists, according to recent research from Ascend2.
Keep It Clean: The Importance of Email-List Hygiene [Infographic]Vahe HabeshianEmailing only to contacts who are likely to interact with your email campaigns is crucial. Why? For one, if there are too many bounces, you risk getting blocked.
Email Marketers' Top Challenges and Address-Capture TacticsAyaz NanjiMarketers say segmentation/targeting and list growth are their top email challenges, according to recent research from Clutch.
Four Types of Email Addresses Damaging Your Deliverability, and What You Can Do About ThemChad WhiteIn love and in email marketing, you have to learn to admit when a relationship isn't working—especially when email subscribers you're attempting to woo are instead getting you blocked or ...
How to Build a Targeted Email List of Subscribers Willing to Buy From YouJawad KhanIf you want a highly engaged community of customers, build an email list of people who are ready to listen to your messages and willing to buy from you. Here ...
How to Sidestep the Spam Folder in Your Email MarketingElizabeth VictorFrom phishing messages to malicious attachments and links to viruses, spam affects billions of email users each year. If your marketing emails are mistakenly considered spam, you'll lose both ...
How Two Key Factors Affect Email Open RatesAyaz NanjiThe size of a marketing email campaign and the sender's industry have a significant impact on open rates, according to a recent report from Constant Contact.
Email Lists: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Own Your Content Marketing: Owner Media CEO Chris Brogan on Marketing Smarts [Video]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris discusses his forthcoming book, Insider: Strategies and Secrets for Business Growth in the Age of Distractions. He also shares his incredibly successful approach to email and how he has used content marketing.
The Secret to Shareable Content: Syed Balkhi Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneEntrepreneur Syed Balkhi, creator of popular sites List25 and WPBeginner, shares tips for creating shareable content.
Facebook Marketing Expert Mari Smith Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFacebook marketing expert Mari Smith shares tips for achieving the best reach possible using a combination of paid and organic posts.
Email Lists: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Successfully Break the “Rules” of Email Marketing and Get Better ResultsBroadcast on 10/25/2012 with DJ Waldow, Jason FallsJoin DJ Waldow and Jason Falls as they highlight individuals and companies who don't follow the "best practices" of email marketing and have still found incredible success.
- Getting Through and Staying Clean: Improving Your Email Sender ReputationBroadcast on 8/15/2008 with Karen Talavera, James O'BrienEmail marketers have more challenges than ever when it comes to breaking through inbox barriers. This is the second of two seminars aimed at helping you get your messages to your intended readers.
- How to Develop Quality e-Newsletter Content Without Breaking the BankBroadcast on 4/19/2007 with Nick UsborneThis seminar will shed some light on the issue of content generation, and will explore a number of ways to source and create content, much of it free. You'll find out it's not as hard as you thought.
- Crash Course #8: Email - The Power Channel in Direct Marketing TodayBroadcast on 2/15/2007 with Regina BradyPermission-based email is not only here to stay, it’s become a driving force behind the way companies communicate with prospects and customers. You'll get an insightful look at this thriving marketing communications channel.
- Crash Course #7: Integrated Media Planning in B-to-B Direct MarketingBroadcast on 2/1/2007 with Ruth StevensIn this information-packed session, we will discuss the media opportunities available to B2B marketers for customer acquisition. We'll cover the standard workhorses, like mail, phone and trade shows, as well as the new options, like prospecting databases and insert media.
- Crash Course #2: How to Build and Manage Your Marketing DatabaseBroadcast on 11/2/2006 with Pegg NadlerFor many marketers, questions abound as to what data to use, the differences in data, the best uses of data, the types of database systems, and current practices in database marketing. We explore this in this seminar.
Email Lists: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Avoid SpamtrapsReleased on 11/11/2016 with Austin BlissIn just 10 minutes, we'll share an overview of the incredible power of these innocent-looking email addresses. You'll learn what spamtraps are, what they look like, why they exist, and how they may have ended up in your email list. You'll understand the risks of traps and know how to respond if you have the misfortune of hitting them.
- Take 10: Reduce Your Email Bounce RateReleased on 12/11/2015 with Austin BlissIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to reduce your email bounce rate for a fraction of the cost of replacing names. We'll share easy-to-use strategies that you can apply right away to help you reconnect with lost customers.
- Take 10: How to Create a Lead Generation Form in MailChimpReleased on 1/13/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead generation form in MailChimp.
- Take 10: How to Create a Simple Lead Generation Form in Google DocsReleased on 12/16/2011 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead-generation form in Google Docs. Along the way, you'll discover how to set up an enticing offer, how to get the form in front of people, and, most importantly, how to measure the results.
- Take 10: How to Build a Better, Smarter Email ListReleased on 5/20/2011 with Michael MillerIn this Take 10, Michael Miller, author of The Ultimate Web Marketing Guide, takes you through the steps of building an email list, including where (and how) to get the right folks on it. He also offers suggestions for providing an email preference center for subscribers.
Email Lists: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Email Essentials: Gmail Tricks of the TradeThis 39-page guide explains how to master Gmail. In it, you'll learn which steps to take to ensure that every one of your messages makes it into the inbox (or perhaps even into the esteemed "Primary" tab), how to establish lasting trust with both Gmail and its billion-strong user base, and how to push your Gmail marketing results to the next level.
- Build a Mighty Email List With Attractive Lead MagnetsIn this 36-page guide, you'll learn about lead magnets, how they can make your marketing more magnetic, and how you can use them to build a higher quality email list that delivers more business.
- Email Essentials: The Keys to Increasing Open RatesIn this 24-page guide, we begin by introducing email open rates, current industry averages, and ways to maximize your data accuracy. Then, we delve into six key factors that greatly impact email opens and offer various tips for improving your efforts in these areas.
- Email Marketing Benchmark Report 2008This 150-page Email Benchmark Report 2008 was developed by surveying our very own MarketingProfs members. Find out what the competition is doing so your 2009 email marketing budget makes sense!
- Benchmark Survey: Email MarketingLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey of the ways companies are using email marketing, the cost savings they are experiencing, and the ways they combat list fatigue, declining open rates and other common email marketing challenges.With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.