Career Management: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How Marketers Can Be Strategic Influencers, and Why Their Input Is Key for Companies [Infographic]Laura ForerMarketers have heaps of customer and business insight to offer, and many CMOs want to contribute to their brands more strategically than they currently are. See why that's important and ...
2019 Salary Guide: Pay Forecasts for Marketing, Advertising, and PR PositionsAyaz NanjiThe median starting salary for a corporate chief marketing officer (CMO) in the United States is expected to be $164,000 in 2019, according to recent research from The Creative Group.
Budgets, Channels, and Technologies: Stats About Marketing Today [Infographic]Laura ForerThis infographic explores stats about email, mobile, content, budgets, and more all in one place. It also explains why these stats are key to your career. As digital marketers become ...
How a Clean Office Can Boost Your Productivity [Infographic]Laura ForerA clean office doesn't just mean you're less likely to get sick. It can also make you more productive. Check out the infographic for motivation and tips on how to ...
Are You a Marketing Standout or Strikeout? Nine Tips to Help You Stand OutErica Seidel, Anand ThakerThese nine actionable tips will help you assess your networking and interviewing skills so you can land the marketing job you want.
Seven Key Traits of Desirable Marketing TalentIda RezvaniMarketers need go beyond learning skills if they want to get a job. They should increase creativity, resiliency, and other characteristics—and employers should assess those types of traits when hiring.
How Job Candidates Evaluate Potential EmployersAyaz NanjiJob candidates say the factors most damaging to a potential employer's brand are a reputation for poor work-life balance and excessive turnover, according to recent research from MRINetwork.
How to Spend Less Time Getting More Value From Your Marketing Communication ChannelsKeeping up with your emails, chats, and other internal communications can pull you away from doing your actual job. But there are efficiency tools that can help you spend less ...
How to Make Money as a Writer [Infographic]Laura ForerFreelance writers have options beyond blogging to make money in their fields. And brands should know what the going rates are and where to match up with qualified writers.
Four Steps to Developing a Holistic Approach to MeasurementMark C. NardoneThese four steps will help you make sure your goals are measurable and, most important, revenue-driving.
Career Management: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Influencer Marketing That Works: Shorty Award Winner Jeff Barrett on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneShorty Award winner Jeff Barrett, a social media and PR consultant, speaker, writer, and influencer, shares tips for making influencer marketing work for brands and influencers alike.
Why Your Next Hire Should Be a Cognitive Developer: IBM's Bob Lord on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIBM's first "chief digital officer," Bob Lord, explains why cognitive developers and data scientists will be indispensable members of your marketing team in the near future.
One You, Lots of Income Streams: 'Entrepreneurial You' Author Dorie Clark on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor, consultant, coach, and speaker Dorie Clark shares tips from her new book, Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams, and Thrive.
How to Find (or Be) a Valuable Mentor: Claire Diaz-Ortiz on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneClaire Diaz-Ortiz, co-author of One Minute Mentoring (written with Ken Blanchard) explains how mentoring benefits both the mentor and the protege, how to find a mentor, how to know when it's the right fit, and more.
The Road to Recognition: Authors Barry Feldman and Seth Price on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDigital marketing experts Seth Price and Barry Feldman discuss how to balance your employees' personal brands with the corporate brand, and they share insights from their personal-branding book, The Road to Recognition: The A-to-Z Guide to Personal Branding for Accelerating ...
Enterprise Branding, Corporate Missions, and Women in Leadership: Alicia Tillman and Lisa Skeete Tatum Talk to Marketing Smarts at SAP Ariba LIVE [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAlicia Tillman, chief marketing officer of SAP Ariba, and Lisa Skeete Tatum, co-founder and chief executive officer of Landit, discuss enterprise branding, the importance of embracing a corporate mission, and women in leadership positions.
The Secret to Becoming Known: Best-Selling Author Mark Schaefer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing strategist, educator, and best-selling author Mark W. Schaefer shares insights from his latest book, Known: The Handbook for Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Age.
Backlinks, Hiring Tips, and Building a Business Overseas: Kris Reid on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSearch engine optimization expert Kris Reid shares tips for optimizing content and unconventional approaches for hiring talent. He also discusses how (and why) to build a business overseas.
How to Own the Consideration Phase: Professor James Loomstein on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing professor and agency marketer James Loomstein explains why marketers should focus their efforts (and their budgets) on the consideration phase in 2017.
Education and the Aspiring Marketer: C.C. Chapman, Temitayo Osinubi, and Michelle Bassett on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketer and educator C.C. Chapman and recent Internet marketing graduates and authors Temitayo Osinubi and Michelle Bassett discuss modern marketing education.
Career Management: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Inspire Change Through Speeches, Stories, Ceremonies, and SymbolsBroadcast on 1/21/2016 with Nancy Duarte, Patti SanchezDevelop a plan to help you lead people through the five stages of transformation. Learn how to use speeches, stories, ceremonies, and symbols to help you succeed as a leader. You have the potential to not only anticipate the future and invent creative initiatives, but also to inspire those around you to support and help execute your vision. This PRO seminar will help you harness that potential and put it into play.
- How To Be a Social Media Strategist, Not the Social Help DeskBroadcast on 1/27/2011 with Jeremiah OwyangIn this seminar, social media master Jeremiah Owyang points out the tremendous opportunity for marketers to develop social media programs that get ahead of day-to-day demands and instead operate as part of a longer-term, strategic plan.
- You 2.0: Measuring (and Improving) Your Personal Brand on the WebBroadcast on 6/12/2009 with William ArrudaGo to Google right now and do a search on your name. That's the first impression many people will have of you! Do you like what you see?
- Connecting the Dots: How LinkedIn Can Enhance Your Marketing (and Your Marketing Career)Broadcast on 5/29/2008 with Jason AlbaLinkedIn is said to be the leading online professional network. In this 90-minute seminar, you'll see LinkedIn used in a number of different ways as it is a tool that can enhance personal brands, help you with research, give you access to new networks, and portray you as the marketing professional you are.
- All About Brand You: Building a Stand-Out Marketing CareerBroadcast on 9/20/2007 with William ArrudaWant to climb to the top of the ladder in your organization? Want to have managers from throughout the company seeking you out for advice? Want to advance your marketing career just by being yourself?Don't miss this seminar ...
- Google, The Secret Weapon for Career SuccessBroadcast on 11/17/2006 with William ArrudaIn this web seminar, you will learn the secrets to building and maintaining stellar Google results. You’ll learn how to build your brand on-line so you can build a powerful reputation and expand your professional success.
- How to Climb the B-to-B Marketing Career LadderBroadcast on 3/2/2006 with Peter Santora, Nina SmithToday, the career path in B-to-B marketing has significant opportunities and challenges. Success requires an understanding of the needs of employers, and the skills and experience you need to get ahead. This seminar will show you how to do just that.
- Keys to Success as a Web Manager: People, Politics and Content, with Gerry McGovernBroadcast on 12/8/2005 with Gerry McGovernThere is no greater skill a web manager can acquire than to develop a deep understanding of your customer. By far the best way you can do this is by constantly observing and interacting with them, learn how in this seminar.
- Marketing Career Turbocharger: Put Yourself in OverdriveBroadcast on 1/6/2005 with William ArrudaThis seminar will give you everything you need to develop your own marketing career plan, including the latest trends in marketing careers and the tools you need to build your career plan for 2005. The seminar will cover examples of marketers who have achieved incredible success in their careers by using the techniques described.
Career Management: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Get a Seat at the CEO's TableReleased on 6/17/2016 with Marc RubnerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the keys to help advance your career to the C-suite. We'll share tips on how to best communicate with your CEO and what you can do to stand out to earn that coveted seat at the table.
- Take 10: Personal Branding Strategy—How to Get FamousReleased on 1/1/2016 with Jeremy MillerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to grow your personal brand by scaling your influence. We'll share steps on how to stand out online, engage your audience, and enhance your reputation. You'll learn how to grow your audience, and leverage content-creating habits that drive results.
- Take 10: Four Steps to Personal Branding SuccessReleased on 9/6/2013 with Dan SchawbelIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn four steps to personal branding success, including how to set yourself apart from the crowd and how to maintain a spotless (and impressive) online reputation.
- Take 10: Five Things You Should Know About LinkedInReleased on 7/6/2012 with Viveka von RosenYou may think that you've got the platform mastered, but Viveka von Rosen is here to teach you five ways to beef up your profile that you may not have even known about or considered.
- Take 10: Six Tips for Nailing Your Next (or First) JobReleased on 5/25/2012 with Heather RastThis Take 10 will give you timely and actionable tips for getting noticed by employers, keeping your competitive edge, and standing out from the crowd.
- Take 10 Author Series: How Everything You Learned About Motivation Is Wrong—And How to Do It RightReleased on 12/9/2011 with Daniel H. PinkIn this Take 10, Dan debunks the many myths surrounding motivation and offers a number of tips and tricks for cultivating a true culture of motivation in the workplace.
- Take 10: How to Stop Multitasking and Become More ProductiveReleased on 10/7/2011 with Paul BurtonIn this Take 10, productivity expert Paul Burton suggests three worklife-changing practices that will help you evade the saboteurs of productivity.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Fascinate People with 7 Key TriggersReleased on 9/30/2011 with Sally HogsheadIn this Take 10 Author Series webcast, Sally Hogshead explains how people and brands become fascinating. She discusses how to capitalize on your competitive advantage and identify your most fascinating trait.
- Take 10: Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile in 11 Easy StepsReleased on 7/16/2010 with Jason AlbaLearn from Jason Alba how to create a LinkedIn Profile that is powerful, compelling and that makes a strong favorable impression on the viewer.
Career Management: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Conducting a Marketing Job SearchHere's your guide to landing that perfect marketing job. Complete with exercises, checklists, and a whole boatload of advice, you can be on your way to a better, more challenging, and more rewarding position.
- Your Career Management GuideAs marketers, you juggle many projects, priorities, and agendas all at the same time. This life of multitasking sometimes means you forget one of your most important professional projects: managing your career. Although we can't help you find the time to manage your career, this template to managing your career can tell you how. With exercises, checklists and step-by-step guidelines on how to make this lifelong project - your career - your biggest professional success.
- Benchmark Survey: Communication SkillsLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey about the skill level survey respondents have in various ways of communicating. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for you.
- Managing Your Marketing CareerNot only does your job require you to keep up with the new trends and strategies of the day, so does your career. This guide, with advice from some of our top career specialists, will help you identify you're strengths and weaknesses (sound familiar?), your true soulmate of a job and the best strategies for landing it. Even if you already think that you've got the career thing under control, this guide will give you new ideas and the tools to get to where you want to go, and beyond!