Podcasting: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The Business Podcast Primer: The Right Way to Do What Is So Often WrongPeter AltschulerForget the fancy sound effects and music: B2B podcasts need to be informative, useful, and respectful of their listeners' time. Here are 11 tips for how to make your B2B ...
Three Tips From Basecamp for Launching and Running a Successful PodcastShaun Hildner, Wailin WongThe co-producers and co-hosts of Basecamp's Rework podcast offer some practical advice from the podcasting trenches. Keep these three tips in mind when starting and producing your own podcast.
The Podcast Explosion: The Who, What, and Why of Podcasts [Infographic]Laura ForerPodcasts have become a popular way for people to consume content, and there's no lack of options. Today's infographic explores the podcast boom by looking at who's listening, where they ...
Six Ways Content Marketers Can Use Audio MarketingRobert KataiPeople are busier than ever, and increasingly they are learning by listening to podcasts while multitasking. Accordingly, audio content might be the perfect choice to market your business or brand.
#SocialSkim: Meet Facebook 'Creator'; Google's Best Social Feature Yet: 8 Stories This WeekChristian NeriFacebook courts video creators away from YouTube; Google's new social search feature; Facebook tests total VR experiences in News Feeds; social selling on LinkedIn; where social video's going in 2018; ...
Podcast Advertising: Revenue and Format TrendsAyaz NanjiTotal advertising revenue for the largest podcasting organizations jumped 72% between 2015 and 2016, according to recent research from the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) and PwC.
Marketing and Podcasts: What You Need to Know [Infographic]Laura ForerWhether you're creating a podcast or you're just advertising on one, this infographic has all the important stats and facts you need to know about the medium and how to ...
How to Turn One Long-Form Article Into Nine Pieces of ContentJoe GriffinLong-form content is highly effective, but producing it can burn through time—our most precious resource as marketers. What can busy content marketers, who must create more and more high-performing content, ...
How to Reuse Old Content to Boost Your SEO and Keep Your Audience EngagedOn YavinHow can you ensure a constant flow of new and engaging content to maintain your following and reach new audiences? And how can you improve your SEO? By cleverly recycling ...
The Podcast Market in 2017: Demographic and Listening TrendsAyaz NanjiOne in four Americans has listened to at least one podcast in the past month, according to recent research from Edison Research and Triton Digital.
Podcasting: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Positive ROI of an Occasional Flop: 'Dragons' Den' Failure Tom Hunt on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTEDx speaker, "Dragon's Den" failure, and successful entrepreneur Tom Hunt explains how he doubled down on his less-than-auspicious turn on the BBC's "Dragon's Den" and won big in business.
Own Your Content Marketing: Owner Media CEO Chris Brogan on Marketing Smarts [Video]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris discusses his forthcoming book, Insider: Strategies and Secrets for Business Growth in the Age of Distractions. He also shares his incredibly successful approach to email and how he has used content marketing.
Smart Hiring and Quality Content: C.C. Chapman Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing expert and frequent speaker C.C. Chapman, co-author of Content Rules and 101 Steps to Making Videos Like a Pro, shares tips for creating quality video content and hiring (and keeping) the best creative talent.
Social Pros All-Stars: Jay Baer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJay Baer of Convince and Convert, author of Youtility and co-host of the Social Pros Podcast, talks about some interesting trends he and his team discovered when they interviewed 27 "Social Pros All-Stars."
We Are All in Sales: Daniel Pink Talks Selling on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDan Pink argues that selling (especially in the form of persuading or convincing someone to do this or that) is deeply embedded in our nature. "We need to move away from thinking of selling something as a kind of unnatural, ...
Toward the Product-Centric Future: Mike Troiano Talks About Advertising and Branding on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantOver the last 100 years, a business culture emerged based on mass production, mass consumption, and mass advertising in print and, especially, on television. Now, the media landscape is undergoing an unprecedented technical revolution—and highlighting a critical weakness at the ...
What Is Your 'Signature Idea'? Mark Levy Talks Thought Leadership on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThought leadership doesn't depend on what you think about your ideas and your perspective; it depends on whether other people are in fact following your lead. You don't choose to be a thought leader, in other words; you become a ...
Influencing the Influencers... With a Glock: Paul Barrett Talks About America's Gun on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn the early '90s, more than a quarter million Glocks (a semiautomatic pistol) had been sold in the US. Marketers can learn a lot from the runaway success of this handgun, as Bloomberg Businessweek's Paul Barrett told us in this ...
The Changing Agency/Client Relationship: Glenn Engler Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantSenior-level marketers don't seem to believe their digital partners are adequately extending their service capabilities in the digital age. So how does an agency demonstrate that it "gets" digital? Glenn Engler, CEO of Digital Influence Group, answers that question in ...
Marketing Smarts Podcast: Making the Most of the Mobile Momentby Matthew Grant"Mobile is a behavior. It's not a technology." That's what Tim Hayden, CMO of 44Doors, told me when we discussed the "mobile moment" in this episode of our Marketing Smarts podcast.
Podcasting: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- The Meat and Potatoes of Podcasting: How to Create a Successful Podcastwith Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn the key steps to starting a podcast, from setting goals to recording and editing to promoting your published show. You'll leave with the tools to help you rock the mic—and make sure your podcast succeeds!
- Measure Once, Cut 17 Times: How You Can Get the Most ROI Out of Each Content Marketing Assetwith Phil GerbyshakIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to be more efficient with the content you create, allowing you to reuse what you already have in ways that will increase your marketing effectiveness. You'll learn how to take a large blog post and split it into smaller posts, turn a podcast into multiple articles, create interesting and useful visuals to accompany your articles, and much more. You'll leave with a simple plan to stretch each piece of content, get the most out of your budget, and save time with everything you create.
- How to Build Your Podcast Brandwith Nick WestergaardIn this PRO seminar, we'll walk you through how to get started in podcasting—from understanding its current state to the mechanics and equipment needed to begin. You'll learn how to develop a podcast that both aligns with your brand promise and engages your audience. We'll also share techniques on how to turn your current listeners into brand advocates, and you'll walk away with actionable tips you can start using right away to take your podcast from good to great.
- What Marketers Need to Know about Podcasting and Streaming Videowith Jeremiah OwyangOnline communications are changing. Customers are now sharing their brand and product experiences with each other using podcasts, online video, and now live video streaming. With the web evolving to also include these richer media channels, the savvy marketer must learn how to listen, understand, and use the same mediums.
- Better Than Email Marketing? RSS Demystifiedwith Rok HrastnikDuring this seminar you will learn all you need to know to get started with RSS marketing, whether you're only interested in a quick under-an-hour and no cost implementation or long-term strategic integration of RSS in to your marketing mix.
Podcasting: Tutorials - tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Develop an Effective PodcastReleased on 1/22/2016 with Bob KnorppIn just 10 minutes, the creator of one of today's most successful B2B podcasts will break down the process of creating a program that provides your listeners with content they'll be eager to hear and achieves your business objectives. We'll also share expert tips on script development, the importance of consistency, and how to prepare your guests for a more interesting conversation.
- Take 10: How to Produce High-Quality Audio Recordings With AudacityReleased on 12/23/2011 with Anne YastremskiIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to record a professional-quality audio file with Audacity. Follow the quick and easy tips to purge your audio file of pauses, audio mistakes, and choppiness, too.
- Take 10: How to Podcast Like a Rock StarReleased on 9/9/2011 with Corey O'LoughlinIn this Take 10, MarketingProfs content marketing specialist Corey O'Loughlin walks you through the fundamentals of podcast production.
- Take 10: How to Make Easy Video Demos and PresentationsReleased on 8/5/2011 with Michelle SchoenIn this Take 10, multimedia specialist Michelle Schoen walks you through the basics of recording a presentation using Camtasia. Along the way, she shows you how to keep your audio quality top-notch, and even provides some tips on spreading the word about your new creation.
Search by Topic
- Ad Copy
- B2B Marketing
- Blog Comments
- Brand Ambassadors
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Equity
- Brand Loyalty
- Brand Management
- Brand Positioning
- Career Management
- Case Studies
- Channel Marketing
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Consumer Electronics
- Content Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Corporate Blogging
- Creative Briefs
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Behavior
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Experience
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Relationships
- Customer Retention
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Theory
- Direct Marketing
- Economic Crisis
- Email Campaigns
- Email Deliverability
- Email Lists
- Email Marketing
- Email Service Providers
- Email Subject Lines
- Green Marketing
- High-Tech Marketing
- Hiring Outside Resources
- Hispanic Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- International Marketing
- Job Search
- Landing Pages
- Lead Generation
- Lead Nurturing
- Lead Quality
- Lead Scoring
- Local Marketing
- Market Research
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing Budgets
- Marketing Challenges
- Marketing Dashboards
- Marketing Inspiration
- Marketing Operations
- Marketing Plans
- Marketing Smarter
- Marketing Smarts
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Tips
- Mobile Marketing
- New Media
- Online Marketing
- Permission Email Marketing
- Personal Branding
- Positioning Statements
- PPC Campaigns
- Press Kits
- Print Collateral
- Product Management
- Is Your Platform-Heavy Martech Stack Costing You? by Ross Andrew Paquette
- The Rise of Experiential Marketing: Beyond a Buzzword by Scott Kellner
- When Marketing Enters the Boardroom, How Can Agencies and ... by Justin Thomas-Copeland
- Upskilling: How Professional Development Can Improve Company ... by Rashele L.
- Show the PR Love: How to Build Relationships With the Media by Hailey Rae Swalley, Hannah Sewell