Segmentation: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Avoid These Four Marketing Budget-Planning Mistakes This SeasonJ.J. KardwellDespite the annoyance, budget planning is an absolute necessity. Without it, you can't proceed or succeed. When planning for 2018, here's how to avoid and correct the top 4 mistakes ...
YouTube Advertising: The Complete Guide to Targeting Options [Infographic]Laura ForerVideo ads can take more effort to produce than more static types of advertisements, so make sure that those ads are being seen by your key audience. Here's how to ...
LinkedIn Advertising: The Complete Guide to Targeting Options [Infographic]Laura ForerB2B marketers are finding that ad targeting on LinkedIn can help them get their brands in front of just the right audiences. But where should they start when selecting those ...
Personalize Your Marketing With Deeper Customer SegmentationZaius [Sponsored Content]Personalization. It's all the rage in e-commerce marketing. But the needed level of personalization isn't easy to achieve. The only way to get close is continual segmentation so that you ...
The Complete Guide to Facebook and Instagram Advertising Targeting Options [Infographic]Laura ForerWith so many targeting options for Facebook and Instagram ads, figuring out the combination that will give you the best results can be a challenge. Today's infographic clearly illustrates all ...
The Complete Guide to Twitter Advertising Targeting Options [Infographic]Laura ForerTwitter offers a lot of options for targeting your ads. This infographic breaks them down into an easy-to-follow guide to ensure your ad dollars are being spent on the right ...
Seven Reasons to Clean Up Your Dirty Lead Data [Infographic]Laura ForerHow clean is your lead data? If it's been sitting around for even a short while, much of it could be outdated and decayed. Check out today's infographic to see ...
119 Facts About Email Marketing [Infographic]Laura ForerWhy is email such a successful marketing channel? It's widespread, measurable, and easy to customize. Find out more about this ubiquitous channel with these stats, fun facts, and case studies.
Eight Steps to Leave Blast Emails Behind and Launch Intelligent Communications InsteadPini YakuelLearn how we marketers can graduate from the tried-and-true daily blast email to take a more personalized, targeted approach—and why it is so critical to our businesses that we do ...
The Nitty-Gritty of Dirty Data [Infographic]Laura ForerIs dirty data preventing you from seeing who your customers really are? This infographic illustrates how incorrect customer data could be costing your company and what you can do to ...
Segmentation: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Special Delivery: Dan Dunn of Paperplanes Discusses Programmatic Direct Mail on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDan Dunn, founder of programmatic direct mail company Paperplanes, discusses how the shift to digital advertising has opened up valuable opportunities for marketers using direct mail.
Your Marketing Superpowers: Targeting and Personalization. Scott Dubois on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneScott Dubois, co-founder of digital agency Pidalia, discusses generational marketing, the power of personalization, qualities to look for in an agency, and more.
Customer Data, Your Company's Untapped Goldmine: Kiki Burton of Adobe on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKiki Burton of Adobe offers offers a map for accessing the goldmine of customer insights your company doesn't even realize it's sitting on, and explains how you can use data management to grow your valuable audience.
Finding Your Niche With 'Fractal Marketing': Andrew Davis Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing expert and bestselling author Andrew Davis talks about niche marketing, brand partnerships, and ways nonprofits can get free marketing advice.
Content, Customer-Centricity, and the Power of Data: Acxiom's Tim Suther on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThis week's guest on Marketing Smarts is Tim Suther, chief marketing and strategy officer for Acxiom, a firm that Tim referred to as "the original Big Data company"; FRONTLINE called it "one of the biggest companies you've never heard of."
The Rise of the Savvy Auntie: Melanie Notkin on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's Marketing Smarts, Melanie Notkin, founder of SavvyAuntie.com, discusses an important niche market neglected by marketers—women without children of their own, but with children in their lives.
Segmentation: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Five Common Pricing Roadblocks (and How to Get Around Them)Broadcast on 3/21/2013 with Heidi CohenThis PRO seminar will examine five major pricing challenges today's marketers face and how you can overcome them like a champ.
- High-Performance Landing Pages that Boost Your Bottom Line (FREE)Broadcast on 11/19/2009 with Michael Goodman, Anna TalericoGetting them there isn't enough. Here's how you can improve the odds of converting a Web visitor into a customer.
- Actionable Web Analytics: Unleash the Marketing Power of Your Web DataBroadcast on 8/28/2008 with Avinash KaushikYou don't necessarily need MORE data about your online visitors' behavior... you need to pinpoint the data that will help you make better marketing and design decisions. Getting it might not be as painful as you think.
- Email Customization: Getting Personal to Deepen Relationships, Generate Additional Sales, and MoreBroadcast on 5/22/2008 with Regina BradyMost marketers use a “one size fits all" approach to email marketing instead of segmenting their campaigns. There are some simple but effective personalization techniques that can be used to make a mailing feel more targeted to the individual—and earn better ROI.
- Identity Marketing: Using PR to Reach the Minds (and Wallets) of Today's Diverse ConsumersBroadcast on 4/24/2008 with Gail Z. MartinTraditional PR focuses on reaching mass media with a mass message. That doesn't cut it with today's multicultural consumer. Does your PR have what it takes to compete?
- Using e-Metrics to Optimize Your All-Around Marketing StrategyBroadcast on 4/3/2008 with Jim SterneOnline marketing professionals have been monitoring the success of their websites for a little over ten years now. They have been using the Internet to test alternatives in marketing strategy, messaging, positioning, offers, promotions and more. Today, these techniques can be directed at the offline world as well.
- Tighten Up Your Marketing Plan: The Nuts and Bolts of Market SegmentationBroadcast on 8/2/2007 with Allen WeissDo you really know how to do market segmentation? It's the foundation of a sound marketing plan, and many companies are getting it all wrong. This is our 100th online seminar, and we're celebrating by bringing MarketingProfs founder and CEO Allen Weiss to share all he knows about this important topic. And there's a surprise at the end!
- Segmenting the Hispanic Market: What the Numbers Really MeanBroadcast on 7/12/2007 with Blaire BorthayreThe Hispanic population has become a powerful economic force in the United States. These 43 million consumers now command enough buying power to make companies sit up and pay attention. But in this booming market, it's easy to be misled by the varied demographic information (and the lack of a conceptual framework) available to marketers.We will bring statistics to life in this online seminar, showing you how to pull together data that's relevant to your marketing goals.
- Customer-Centric Communications: It's All Different NowBroadcast on 5/24/2007 with Jeff KrawitzPeople listen when you speak their language about things they value. In MarComm, it’s our job to do that, one customer at a time; it's simple if you have two or three customers. It gets a bit tricky when you have a few thousand or more.
- Personas 1: Breakthrough Customer Insight for Product, Website Design and MoreBroadcast on 3/7/2007 with Tamara AdlinPresenter Tamara Adlin will provide a variety of examples, illustrating the different benefits of implementing a personas program. She shows which marketing objectives personas support, and will help you identify whether a personas program would be a good fit for you.
Segmentation: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Build a Twitter Following in a WeekReleased on 8/20/2010 with Megan LeapIn just 10 minutes, learn proven techniques to significantly grow your Twitter following in less than a week. Whether you want to grow a personal or business Twitter account, this webcast is packed with everything you need to know to dramatically increase your Twitter reach.
Segmentation: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Social Media Integration Success StoriesTwitter. Facebook. LinkedIn. While these social media tools are all effective on their own, they work best when part of other marketing programs. See how 10 companies have maximized results by integrating social media into traditional marketing efforts.
- Research Spotlight: FacebookResearch Spotlight: Facebook helps you focus on the most popular social network today. Get the research insights you need to create successful Facebook campaigns. Learn who's on Facebook, what they're doing, and how best to reach them.
- Benchmark Survey: Marketing to HispanicsLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are targeting their marketing efforts, and adjusting their business processes, for the lucrative Spanish-speaking segment. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.
- Benchmark Survey: Email MarketingLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey of the ways companies are using email marketing, the cost savings they are experiencing, and the ways they combat list fatigue, declining open rates and other common email marketing challenges.With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.