Segmentation: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Email Optimization: Case Studies and Actionable Tips [Infographic]Laura ForerYou email marketing program may be cruising along, but are there steps you can take to give it even more power? This graphic gives ideas, and it also shares email ...
Relationship Marketing and GDPR: Avoiding the Traps of Personalization Data and Targeting TechJohn HernandezIf your data practices are GDPR-compliant, you don't have to worry, right? But marketing technologies and techniques that use consumer data for targeting and personalization can still put you in ...
Six Ways Bad Data Can Cost You, and Five Tips for Cleansing It [Infographic]Laura ForerIs your data as clean and fresh as it can be? If not, your campaigns may be underperforming. See what you're missing out on and how to cleanse your data.
The Secret to More Effective Campaigns: A Data Management PlatformWant to organize your data so it's actually usable? DMPs help marketers manage data, allowing you to deliver better customer experiences, increase engagement, and improve ROI. Here's what to look ...
The Complete Guide to Snapchat Advertising Targeting Options [Infographic]Laura ForerIf you're advertising on Snapchat—or are thinking of doing so—bookmark this comprehensive list of segmenting and targeting options to make your ads more effective.
Are You an Empowered Marketer? Here's How You Can Be.Marketers have a lot to do these days. The right processes and tools can save you time, improve your marketing, and give you the information you need to be more ...
How Do Different Age Groups Consume Online Content? [Infographic]Laura ForerThere are six major generations of consumers in the US, and each one has different content preferences. Check out these stats and tips to tailor your content to different age ...
Good-Luck Email Tips for St. Patrick's Day [Infographic]Laura ForerSaturday is St. Patrick's Day, and today's infographic offers four fun and practical tips to incorporate the holiday into your email program.
Segmentation Models Are Outdated: How to Update Your Marketing Segmentation PracticesVignesh ClingamFor decades, marketers have meticulously segmented audiences on demographics and personas, but these methods are growing irrelevant. There are stronger predictors of buying habits.
Five Things Pro Facebook Marketers Do DifferentlyMadelyn NewmanWhy is it that some brands seem to achieve success with social advertising, whereas others struggle to find the right formula? Read on for five secrets from Facebook marketing pros ...
Segmentation: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Special Delivery: Dan Dunn of Paperplanes Discusses Programmatic Direct Mail on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDan Dunn, founder of programmatic direct mail company Paperplanes, discusses how the shift to digital advertising has opened up valuable opportunities for marketers using direct mail.
Your Marketing Superpowers: Targeting and Personalization. Scott Dubois on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneScott Dubois, co-founder of digital agency Pidalia, discusses generational marketing, the power of personalization, qualities to look for in an agency, and more.
Customer Data, Your Company's Untapped Goldmine: Kiki Burton of Adobe on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKiki Burton of Adobe offers offers a map for accessing the goldmine of customer insights your company doesn't even realize it's sitting on, and explains how you can use data management to grow your valuable audience.
Finding Your Niche With 'Fractal Marketing': Andrew Davis Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing expert and bestselling author Andrew Davis talks about niche marketing, brand partnerships, and ways nonprofits can get free marketing advice.
Content, Customer-Centricity, and the Power of Data: Acxiom's Tim Suther on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThis week's guest on Marketing Smarts is Tim Suther, chief marketing and strategy officer for Acxiom, a firm that Tim referred to as "the original Big Data company"; FRONTLINE called it "one of the biggest companies you've never heard of."
The Rise of the Savvy Auntie: Melanie Notkin on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's Marketing Smarts, Melanie Notkin, founder of SavvyAuntie.com, discusses an important niche market neglected by marketers—women without children of their own, but with children in their lives.
Segmentation: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Five Common Pricing Roadblocks (and How to Get Around Them)with Heidi CohenThis PRO seminar will examine five major pricing challenges today's marketers face and how you can overcome them like a champ.
- High-Performance Landing Pages that Boost Your Bottom Line (FREE)with Michael Goodman, Anna TalericoGetting them there isn't enough. Here's how you can improve the odds of converting a Web visitor into a customer.
- Actionable Web Analytics: Unleash the Marketing Power of Your Web Datawith Avinash KaushikYou don't necessarily need MORE data about your online visitors' behavior... you need to pinpoint the data that will help you make better marketing and design decisions. Getting it might not be as painful as you think.
- Email Customization: Getting Personal to Deepen Relationships, Generate Additional Sales, and Morewith Regina BradyMost marketers use a “one size fits all" approach to email marketing instead of segmenting their campaigns. There are some simple but effective personalization techniques that can be used to make a mailing feel more targeted to the individual—and earn better ROI.
- Identity Marketing: Using PR to Reach the Minds (and Wallets) of Today's Diverse Consumerswith Gail Z. MartinTraditional PR focuses on reaching mass media with a mass message. That doesn't cut it with today's multicultural consumer. Does your PR have what it takes to compete?
- Online marketing professionals have been monitoring the success of their websites for a little over ten years now. They have been using the Internet to test alternatives in marketing strategy, messaging, positioning, offers, promotions and more. Today, these techniques can be directed at the offline world as well.
- Do you really know how to do market segmentation? It's the foundation of a sound marketing plan, and many companies are getting it all wrong. This is our 100th online seminar, and we're celebrating by bringing MarketingProfs founder and CEO Allen Weiss to share all he knows about this important topic. And there's a surprise at the end!
- Segmenting the Hispanic Market: What the Numbers Really Meanwith Blaire BorthayreThe Hispanic population has become a powerful economic force in the United States. These 43 million consumers now command enough buying power to make companies sit up and pay attention. But in this booming market, it's easy to be misled by the varied demographic information (and the lack of a conceptual framework) available to marketers.We will bring statistics to life in this online seminar, showing you how to pull together data that's relevant to your marketing goals.
- Customer-Centric Communications: It's All Different Nowwith Jeff KrawitzPeople listen when you speak their language about things they value. In MarComm, it’s our job to do that, one customer at a time; it's simple if you have two or three customers. It gets a bit tricky when you have a few thousand or more.
- Presenter Tamara Adlin will provide a variety of examples, illustrating the different benefits of implementing a personas program. She shows which marketing objectives personas support, and will help you identify whether a personas program would be a good fit for you.
Segmentation: Tutorials - tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Build a Twitter Following in a WeekReleased on 8/20/2010 with Megan LeapIn just 10 minutes, learn proven techniques to significantly grow your Twitter following in less than a week. Whether you want to grow a personal or business Twitter account, this webcast is packed with everything you need to know to dramatically increase your Twitter reach.
Segmentation: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Social Media Integration Success StoriesTwitter. Facebook. LinkedIn. While these social media tools are all effective on their own, they work best when part of other marketing programs. See how 10 companies have maximized results by integrating social media into traditional marketing efforts.
- Research Spotlight: FacebookResearch Spotlight: Facebook helps you focus on the most popular social network today. Get the research insights you need to create successful Facebook campaigns. Learn who's on Facebook, what they're doing, and how best to reach them.
- Benchmark Survey: Marketing to HispanicsLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are targeting their marketing efforts, and adjusting their business processes, for the lucrative Spanish-speaking segment. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.
- Benchmark Survey: Email MarketingLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey of the ways companies are using email marketing, the cost savings they are experiencing, and the ways they combat list fatigue, declining open rates and other common email marketing challenges.With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.
Search by Topic
- Ad Copy
- B2B Marketing
- Blog Comments
- Brand Ambassadors
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Equity
- Brand Loyalty
- Brand Management
- Brand Positioning
- Career Management
- Case Studies
- Channel Marketing
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Consumer Electronics
- Content Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Corporate Blogging
- Creative Briefs
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Behavior
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Experience
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Relationships
- Customer Retention
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Theory
- Direct Marketing
- Economic Crisis
- Email Campaigns
- Email Deliverability
- Email Lists
- Email Marketing
- Email Service Providers
- Email Subject Lines
- Green Marketing
- High-Tech Marketing
- Hiring Outside Resources
- Hispanic Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- International Marketing
- Job Search
- Landing Pages
- Lead Generation
- Lead Nurturing
- Lead Quality
- Lead Scoring
- Local Marketing
- Market Research
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing Budgets
- Marketing Challenges
- Marketing Dashboards
- Marketing Inspiration
- Marketing Operations
- Marketing Plans
- Marketing Smarter
- Marketing Smarts
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Tips
- Mobile Marketing
- New Media
- Online Marketing
- Permission Email Marketing
- Personal Branding
- Positioning Statements
- PPC Campaigns
- Press Kits
- Print Collateral
- Product Management
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and ... by Eric Wanta
- Why Marketers Should Invest in the Stories Format and Stories ... by Thibaud Clement
- How to Craft a Concise B2B Sales Pitch in Limited Time by Kristen Bowie
- Top 5 Lesser-Known Social Media Tools to Improve Your Campaign ... by Lilach Bullock
- 10 Shortcuts to Gathering High-Quality Whitepaper Content by Trisha Winter